WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Fell asleep around 4:30 and up at 7:45. But should be able to go back to sleep..
    Dropped off you know ,at the vets and will find out tomorrow whats going on,but for now feeding Alfie chicken and rice..
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Karen I heard on a podcast today that moving is the third most stressful life event after death of a loved one and divorce. No wonder you'll having a tough time. <3<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Worked, went to the dentist. I have to go back on the 10th to have a cavity filled. The good part is that the 10th is a Wed. so that gives me a good reason not to go bowling. Went bowling today. The last time I was bowling I broke 100 twice so my handicap came down. It’s still in the triple digits. Anyway, after today I can absolutely confirm that “what goes down must come up”….lol Hope to go for my walk later Update: did it

The washer was not flashing “14” this morning but the repair guy was here. The washer worked for him! So he told me to do a load of laundry so I washed my BK shirts and some other darks. Seems a lot of people have been having problems with the storms frying things. He's going to order a new board because you never know when it won't work

Hubby clothing: Vince has A LOT of NASCAR jackets and A LOT of baseball-type hats for all sorts of things. There are some things I don’t ever remember him wearing!

Carol – congrats on the win! Anything is better than nothing

Lisa – that’s wonderful about your daughter!

Sue WA – loved the pigeons story. Absolutely loved it

Vicki – prayers for healing

Got the new battery for the lawn mower. Now Vince thinks that maybe there’s something in the electric starter that isn’t working. Well, whatever, I WILL NOT use it until that’s fixed. Be it the electric start or the battery or whatever. Not until that electric start is fixed. And if he waits until the next time we have to cut the grass and it is the electric start – I’m not going to use that rope pull again.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    Options
    Lisa - So happy for your daughter. I loved taking back my maiden name and did not change it when I married DH. It's mine and I'm keeping it. I go by Ms and I get annoyed by people calling me Mrs. That is my mum!
    Of course, it would be loads better if she wasn't hitched up with a new guy. But I can’t talk. It took me until around 53 to realise I didn't need a man in my life. Then I met DH. :o>:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather - Funny, I think I would have been happier too if she were getting through these next steps without someone new in her life already... but in all honesty, my husband's exactly the same way. And actually, I guess I am too. I barely made it a year after I left my first husband before I married Corey, and was living with him long before the wedding, mostly because I wouldn't marry him until he turned 40! The therapists get twisty about "internal validation" in opposition to "external validation," but I think it's a spectrum, and where we land on that spectrum at any given time varies across our entire lives.

The interesting part is that he is actually deliberately helping her rebuild her self-confidence that got SO battered during this last year. She sends me some of his texts to her, and besides the fact that he's writing full sentences with punctuation, he is lifting her up instead of tearing her down, in both a professional and a personal sense. I look forward to meeting him.

Got involved in an episode of Brokenwood Mysteries (Australian series on Acorn TV) and couldn't go to sleep until they got the bad guy. Really enjoying it, but now I'm wide awake. I'll get sleepy soon.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    KJ :cry: you kiddos and their parents (regardless of their beliefs) are so blessed to have you. Impressive and inspiring plants eaten list.
    Heather your “some people think . . .” suggestion seems good to me. Thankful for Johnny’s instincts and the freezer fix.
    Carol with you about the electronic controls, but doesn’t seem possible to get knobs/mechanically controlled appliances any more. One big benefit, the new washer is soooooo quiet ;)
    Barbie Mama and Papa’s thrift lessons, it took me a lot of growing up to finally put them into practice :devil:
    Annie more than leaving the room, think I’dve “…left the building…” ;)
    Kay, sorry to confuse, the cost for one washer that handled four loads at once was $6=24 quarters. Driers cost about the same as yours. Was thankful to get all the towels, mats and bath rugs done that I’d used to sop up the water. Even more thankful the new one was installed yesterday afternoon ;)
    Lanette Laundry:
    is yours a front or top loading machine? Always put Borax in bottom before detergent. Prefer Arm & Hammer fragrance free powder for warm and hot, liquid Woollite for cold. Then liquid Oxyclean. Neither do I use fabric softener, fill the receptacle with white vinegar for the final rinse instead. I do use Clorox for the whites, perhaps twice a month, hope not a problem for our septic system.
    Made your Greek beans yesterday. Despite substitutions (garbanzos for cannellini beans, red onions for scallions, arugula for dill and no avocado or cucumber) was yummy. Will pick up cannellini beans for next time, to avoid the “chickpea” texture and taste, and scale back on the onions :burp: Thanks for the Annie Chun noodle bowl hack with chicken, cabbage and veggies! Will look for them at Grocery Outlet next time, or add them to the WalMart list for September’s trip. Sounds like Roger is your guardian angel in neighbor disguise.
    Lisa please keep cool. Your health is way more important than any painting project.
    Margaret, yours to Kelly. Brilliant and compassionate.
    Carla, $10K. ouch!
    Rebecca when you’re done, come on down. I make some of those spots too ;)
    Debbie :love: your grandma’s Mendocino crafting cabin memories. Hope your time at your mother’s goes well.
    Allie fingers Xd for cardio appointment.
    Michele fingers Xd for the 24 hour washer re-set.

Done:
    7/26: Move: 1.5 set pt, 135 mins casserole-a-thon active mins:328 steps: 7553
    Fuel: protein=49g sugar=95g fiber=26g sodium=1733mg fruit=1 vegs=5 CI<CO=600
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, bottle return, recycling, gas, first loads of laundry in new washer.
    Wt: 138.7

7/25: Move: 1.5 set pt, line dancing, dogs to powerline active mins:221 steps:7171
    Fuel: protein=39g sugar=64g fiber=12g sodium=562mg fruit=1 vegs=3 CI<CO=1175
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, cancel van insurance, wa$her choose and schedule, transfer from SA and w/draw from CU, sliced and cooked bacon
    Wt: 139.6

7/24: Move: 1.5 set pt, dogs to powerline active mins:213 steps:6605
    Fuel: protein=g sugar=g fiber=g sodium=mg fruit= vegs= CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church, reconciled visa and bank statements
    Wt: 140.0

Only thru pg 53, but Joe’s up so I’m out. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I find something like this handy: https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Use-Arthritic-Scratches-Circumference-5mm-100mm/dp/B002HMRU34/ref=sr_1_53?crid=3GP9NTWS6K0WK&amp;keywords=jar+opener+strap+wrench&amp;qid=1658998042&amp;sprefix=jar+opener+str,aps,103&amp;sr=8-53 It is so frustrating some of the "little things" you need help with. Every time I work through one and figure out a solution I feel so good about myself.

Allie-hope they figure out what is going on with Alfie.

Moving-I haven't moved since 1992-it will be interesting. That's why I am slowly purging.

Not much here. Work today. Will work from home tomorrow. Ordered new monitors for home-I like dual monitors (larger ones). We provide everyone two (in addition to laptop screen). I have my two from agency in office but I am enjoying some of the WFH options so I am purchasing extras on my own. Not that expensive and it is my personal preference. I actually can't believe how inexpensive such things have gotten.

PT at home was a bit better yesterday. One kegel at a time!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Oh Sue, doves are lovely! I've also heard of butterflies being released. And I love the idea of planting trees for deceased. We've planted trees for all of our furbabies and then put their ashes with them.

SO much easier when they were young, Vicki! Sorry you've been feeling off. Hope your procedure helps.

Good luck with the interview, Tracey. So glad I don't have to EVER do that again. My last one was done while driving down the highway, on my mobile phone. (YES! Hands-free!) And it was just a formality when my job changed at school. LOL

HOLY CATS OUCH, Barbara, but it's the furnace too since their so intertwined and they were both replaced together last time too. They just don't make appliances like they used to... like everyone is saying!

Gonna try to work some today, since I have to be here anyway and I'm going to go down to my old building tomorrow to move files. Did I tell you that they're going to be able to KEEP my HUGE file cabinet in the old building for me, so I don't have to pack everything up? I'm just going to move all the files into the big cabinet and leave it there. Like I said, we're almost completely electronic now, so those really are OLD files. I almost never use them. Yay me!

Carla, in MN... OUT
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Lanette I got a pair of rubber gardening gloves years ago that I put on when I have a Kombucha bottle I cannot open. It gives that extra grip I need. I have used on other difficult jars and bottles to open too! Gardening gloves are easier to put on than rubber gloves for doing dishes.

Carla so glad getting your AC fortunatley this week we got a bit of a break. Starting Sunday you'll will be so happy you have it. I know how hard this was. We lost our furnace in late September and barely got the new one up and running before the cold weather hit. It made me quite anxious waiting for this work to get done.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    Well, there ya go,

Oh no, Tina... sorry about the bruises. Glad you'll heal.
    I get'cha about Comic-Com. Went to a Heroes and Villains con several times a couple years ago with a vendor friend of mine. Was REALLY fun, but way too peoply for me too. She adores people and is way into TWD and some of those shows so she was in her element! I loved watching her booth while she was able to go out and hobnob with a whole bunch of the stars for whom she'd made custom, etched glasses.

Love you ladies!
    Carla, in MN
    ps. tomorrow the AC! pray for me... they're coming at 7am and will be here for 8-10 hours!!!

I ended up taking care of dh's booth and his friends when we went to the one toy/comic show. They were off, checking out other vendors. Dh was hanging out with the stars(were only a few there because it was small)- old timers that Dh used to enjoy watching as a kid. Hung out with them almost the whole time. It was fine for the most part except when customers had questions I had to run get him.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    Dh is giving me the silent treatment or if he does talk at me, he is all pissy.
    All because I didn't go walk the dog Monday or yesterday.
    They both said he didn't need to be walked every day but, when I do skip a day, I told him ahead of time but he wasn't listening, he is mad.
    I will walk the dog today and tomorrow but I will be going to see my mom tomorrow night and staying the night-
    If it really is important, he can walk the dog- keeps saying he will just do it if I don't bother going over there- stop talking and do it then.
    I know he is exhausted/frustrated/mad/etc but don't take it out on me- I am the only one that is helping at all.
    Had a long walk at the wetlands- got there a little early and walked by myself until my friend came- the other friend never made it- laid down just a little after work and fell asleep. That is ok, he was going to be running while Martha and I walked.

Have a good Thursday ladies-
    Going to finish my tea and head over to crazy house- will take a nice LONG walk with the dog.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Vicki - thinking of you today, hoping the procedure helps. Nice that it appears to something quick and outpatient.

Barbara - my washer is a top-loader, and I just started using 20 Mule Team Borax a month ago, but maybe I'm not using enough. I pre-dissolve all detergents and powders (including Oxi-clean) in hot water before I dump them into the washer - I am lucky enough to have a big laundry sink right next to the washer.

I don't think occasional use of Clorox is bad. When I went on my walk this morning, I noticed one of my neighbors has NO grass or vegetation on top of their drainfield, just long rows that look like they've been hit by weed-killer. Maybe they have...and I'm curious what kind of detergents/additives they use. Mine has a mixture of grass and dandelions ;) It was always lush when we could use phosphates but they were banned for environmental reasons years ago.

So glad you tried the Greek Beans! Seems like I'm always experimenting, but the garlic/olive oil/vinegar/lemon juice gives them some zip. I've even used dried onion flakes if I don't have other onion.

Pip - good luck with the CT scan, hopefully just a little scar tissue jangling a nerve. It happens. I have adhesions thanks to my several abdominal surgeries and get a pinch now and then. Plumbing not blocked so doc and I am worrying. ;)

Ginny - thanks for the link. I once had one like that around here some place, I think DH snatched it to use in his shop. I'll go on a treasure hunt for it.

Margaret - gardening gloves are an excellent idea! I just tried it with that Kombucha bottle, no go. I have to screw it on very tight so it doesn't lose the fizz (A bottle last me a few days, I'll add to sparkling water sometimes). This is a new brand with a really small lid that doesn't have the vertical grooves I can grip, just some kind of small pebbly surface. Not buying it again. I don't have the problem with other brands with larger lids that are easier to grip, so gardening gloves should make that easier.

Have a good one and keep cool!!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State