WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    (((Beth)))

Lanette I have a huge Borage plant in my garden. Loves its spot. It is done blooming. I tried a blosom once but found it hard to swallow. I choked on it. Still love the plant because it brings in the pollinators.

I learned a long time ago you can voice your opinion; you cannot control the audience.

This is what I think makes this group special we listen to one another and try to help each other find good solutions to the challenges in our lives. The intentions I hear here are to help. It is up to me to decide if this advice works for me. If it does great and thank those who chimed in on the problem. It the advice does not fit I still thank all who tried to help and use the advice that works for me.

Have a wonderful day friends... <3<3<3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Days and days behind, catching up one page at a time.

Tracey, scary about the interac-(damnautocorrect)/Canadian debit card system being down. How did I not even hear that on the news?!? Fingers X’d for the new job application, and how nice to be invited ;)
    Heather no microwave here ;) but Mr. Google found me several Cuban bean recipes, some even with ingredients I already have ! Will look up your son’s “Food Glue” podcast.
    Allie hope the cardio appointment went well. Likewise pip’s shoulder appointment. Sorry I’m so far behind.
    Welcome @Vickster73 Victoria from the East Coast! We discuss our own issues here frequently as they impact our health and wellbeing, so feel free! Instead of “exercise” is there an activity you enjoy? Walking in the woods? Dancing? Swimming? Two keys for me are not thinking of it as Exercise and linking it to something I normally do every day. Incorporating just one activity (NOT the “E” word) into your daily routine can have amazing benefits. For example, dancing or marching in place during the commercials only while watching the evening news or whatever you normally watch every day. Good luck!
    Lisa fingers Xd for favorable water test and prompt water system repair.
    Carla I’m with you. The only thing that should be released at a memorial are soap bubbles, and of course tears.
    Rebecca wow that birthday box travelled fast!
    Bethe likewise I’d always been warned against electronic controls, even by the current appliance guy, but nowadays, even if they have knobs, the underlying controls are electronic. No choice had we.

Through pg 54, that’s it for now.

Done:
    7/27: Move: 1.5 set pt, pt appt, mins line dancing active mins: steps:
    Fuel: protein=g sugar=g fiber=g sodium=mg fruit= vegs= CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, recycling, library, started minutes, Grocery Outlet.
    Wt: 138.7

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello, y'all,

Well, the daughter's ex-husband came got their camper trailer, one less worry. I did not go talk to him. He's still my grands' father, and I have to remember that, and there was nothing I wanted to say this morning that would have helped the situation. As an example of the usual communicative status of the adult American male, I asked my husband if he said anything to the boy. He said yes, that he asked him how he was holding up, and the answer was "Trying."

I think I shall put on socks, etc., and check the ladies at the farmer's market to see if any know a well expert, and then go pick up the minimal food we need to get through the week - mostly just fresh veggies and fruit for Corey's lunches.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Did my 5k. It was so lovely out there. :)<3 Picked up milk and a newspaper on the way home.
    Did a bit of mat work and weights to finish off and then some rowing in the afternoon.
    I've washed my hair ready for tomorrow morning as we will have to set off walking to my son's house around 8.30. I'd like to get a bit of face on, as we are going out for lunch with the family later. The bike ride my son and DDIL are going on usually takes around two and a half hours over the South Downs (which are ups).

The gutter man is coming on Tuesday to finish off what he didn't do last time. :# It hasn't rained for months here, thank goodness. Sooooo dry. Some places are on water rationing.

Love you lots, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Hugs Beth, so sorry.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Days and days behind, catching up one page at a time.

Tracey, scary about the interac-(damnautocorrect)/Canadian debit card system being down. How did I not even hear that on the news?!? Fingers X’d for the new job application, and how nice to be invited ;)
    Heather no microwave here ;) but Mr. Google found me several Cuban bean recipes, some even with ingredients I already have ! Will look up your son’s “Food Glue” podcast.
    Allie hope the cardio appointment went well. Likewise pip’s shoulder appointment. Sorry I’m so far behind.
    Welcome @Vickster73 Victoria from the East Coast! We discuss our own issues here frequently as they impact our health and wellbeing, so feel free! Instead of “exercise” is there an activity you enjoy? Walking in the woods? Dancing? Swimming? Two keys for me are not thinking of it as Exercise and linking it to something I normally do every day. Incorporating just one activity (NOT the “E” word) into your daily routine can have amazing benefits. For example, dancing or marching in place during the commercials only while watching the evening news or whatever you normally watch every day. Good luck!
    Lisa fingers Xd for favorable water test and prompt water system repair.
    Carla I’m with you. The only thing that should be released at a memorial are soap bubbles, and of course tears.
    Rebecca wow that birthday box travelled fast!
    Bethe likewise I’d always been warned against electronic controls, even by the current appliance guy, but nowadays, even if they have knobs, the underlying controls are electronic. No choice had we.

Through pg 54, that’s it for now.

Done:
    7/27: Move: 1.5 set pt, pt appt, mins line dancing active mins: steps:
    Fuel: protein=g sugar=g fiber=g sodium=mg fruit= vegs= CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, recycling, library, started minutes, Grocery Outlet.
    Wt: 138.7

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    July: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I thought so too! I sent the box two weeks ago, thinking it might be 4 weeks in transit, and his birthday is the first two weeks of August. So he kinda got all this birthday cards etc early. That's a first with the fleet postal service! Birthdays when it comes to the Navy happen any time you want them though.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Machka, hey there! If you're just scrolling, I hope your job is going well.💖👍. Check in with us when you can, we miss ya!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Up visiting my mother this weekend. 15-year old came with me, so we kayaked last night and this morning. My arms are aching. But it is so good to be on the lake.

Saw radiation oncologist yesterday morning, and he is very pleased. Between my CT which showed "evidence of healing" and my MRI results, he says he is finished with me. He said the radiation will continue working on those places, which I didn't know, so that we are already seeing a change is very good news.

Machka -- I do hope your new job is going well for you.

Rita -- I'm so sorry you are sick, but thankful it's not Covid. (I presume your test was negative?)

I can't believe July is almost over. I wanted to have so much more done at work by now than I have done. Faculty start coming back next week, and we have inservice activities the week after that. I am not ready!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Athena is precious!

Heather ~ Love the pics of your two granddaughters at the seaside.

My two grands will be starting a new school year on Monday/Aug. 1st. Grandson is not excited a bit because he never seems to get in classes with his friends. All of his teachers are men and older. Granddaughter is delighted. Their mom is happy that both are in her school so she doesn't have to cart them to separate schools!

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Well my diet is lousy today but I started writing again after several months off. Yay! It's a thriller novel and the lead character is a military explosives expert. She is just meeting the local police who keep calling her "honey" instead of Captain. The scene needs a lot of work, but at least it is sketched out. The next decision is how much of the police processing to describe. It's set in a rural county without a lot of resources, so I'm trying to imagine how that might work. And whether it would be necessary or interesting to read. I should probably just get on to introducing suspects.

Annie in Delaware
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-I don't think it would be possible for Athena to be any cuter!

Flea-kyaking with 15 hear old sounds like great way to celebrate. I had never heard that radiation continues with the healing after treatment finished. Hope time with mother goes well.

Carol in GA-I do not miss the kid carting part of parenthood-I'd be happy with everyone in same location too.

Didn't quite follow my plan for the day. My technical debacle
    I had decided to buy two large monitors for my work from home days (I can do that 3 days week when my schedule permits). Looking forward to budget time and possible extended time at home (I am mentally prepared for suspension surgery and since I have just about met out of pocket I will push for this year). Need to get a splitter to connect the two monitors to my surface tablet. It all came in yesterday. Looked easy enough to connect (plug and play). Didn't connect. Talked to my IT director, we tried a bunch of things-figured it was something with the state equipment (they put all sorts of restrictions on. I was researching stuff this am and after seeing a connection, I realized the extra cord in package was not for a different computer hook up-it was the power cord! (No instructions came with splitter). Seems to be working very well!

After that, I packaged my old iPad to send GS. Since he is turning 5 none of us want to trust him with a new one, but he is using the old family 2012 hand me down, so now he gets my gently used 2017 model.

Went to Aldis and discovered something different-dill pickle flavored popcorn. I love dill pickles and love popcorn and had to give it a try. I think it is really good. I will have to be careful.

Was starting out for walk late today and before the end of the block my Apple Watch told me I had low power so came home to charge it (darn straight I want that exercise credit). While it is catching a charge I fixed dinner. Got a broccoli stuffed chicken breast at Aldi. It is ok but a bit salty.

Going to clean up kitchen and fold laundry-then hopefully get walk in in half an hour or so.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Everything bagel with a slab of tomato, cucumber, sharp cheddar cheese slice, lettuce leaf, a slice of olive loaf bologna, oh and mayo. Is anything better in the summer?😁💖👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 5min 9sec, 51elev, 96mhr, 149mhr, 6.11mi= 579c
    Strava app = 696. * also dropped by 3 garage sales
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Cardio appt went well,set for another 6 months.
    Im up at Jens,tons of food, and its a wonderful crowd to celebrate Jay. He gave us a beautiful day to drive up and ,just stunning weather all day.. the hotel is only 13 miles from here and only drinking water..