August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    re: Poison Ivy. I got a REALLY bad case on my lower calves a few years back after an accidental stroll thru it. After trying everything in the book it turned out that the most relief came from using the PINK CALAMINE lotion They even make spray on .......
  • Jane10s
    Jane10s Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    August goal: 30 miles

8/1: 3 miles
    8/6: 4 miles walking*
    8/8: 5 miles
    8/11: 3 miles walk/run*
    8/12: 4 miles walking*
    8/13: 5 miles
    8/14: 8 miles inline skating*
    8/15: 3 miles
    8/18: 2 miles walking*
    8/20: 10 miles
    *miles not counting toward goal

26 down 4 to go

Perfect running weather. Overcast for the most part, cooler than usual, tolerable humidity with a slight breeze. Great run. Kept it slow and steady. I didn't look at my watch except for heart rate/zone. Counted the miles outloud when my watch buzzed. I ended up pacing within a minute. Last mile was my fastest. About a minute slower pace than my shorter runs. I feel good and pleased. Taking a couple days off (weather and unexpected childcare issues) didn't backfire like I expected. Good luck to everyone with upcoming races.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 sounds and looks like a nice vacation (except for the heat). You sure we're busy. I think you need a vacation from your vacation 😉
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sounds like you had a great vacation. I love your pictures!

@polskagirl01 I'm glad you were able to get in a longer run. I would have jumped if a deer had jumped out in front of me!

Today's run called for a recovery run after yesterday's speedwork. I did 2.5 miles in Z1. Tomorrow calls for 12 miles.

August miles: 85.84
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation! Beautiful pictures. Welcome back!

@marisap2010 I think it's safe to blame post 20 mile delirium for incorrect math.

@polskagirl01 That's quite an adventurous run!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all.
    Less distance and eased up on pace a touch further (compared to my usual)
    fiqvb5r0g3e7.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    I've read and liked and hugged as appropriate. Sorry for not having the time to respond to everyone, but you guys are doing great with your running and are an inspiration to me.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry everything hurt on Friday. I hope your off day helped and your son had a happy birthday.

@AlphaHowls What happened that you are on steroids? I must have missed something. I hope you are okay and they are doing their job. Never mind. I looked back and saw that it is poison ivy. I hope it clears up soon. It much be pretty bad to require steroids.

@martaindale My dad was one of those who did not respond to poison ivy. The neighbor's would have him come pull it off of the trees they were cutting down. LOL Unfortunately, that is not one of the traits I inherited from him. It really reacts on me, so I do my best to avoid it and when I know I may have been exposed I wash my clothes by themselves and wipe all exposed skin with an alcohol soaked paper towel before showering. That usually keeps me from getting a rash. Yeah for getting some rain. I hope your plan to run part of the long run on the treadmill worked out. Sounds like a great plan to me. I see that it did work out. I'm glad you were able to get in the long run and not have to deal with the extreme heat and humidity.

@marisap2010 You are doing great with your plan. So glad that your husband worked it out so he can go on the trip and be there with you when you run the marathon!

@Scott6255 You are doing great to get 10 miles in those conditions.

Great running @Jane10s .

Looks like a great vacation @Teresa502 . Love the pictures and you did so good with running while you were there!

Great running and adventure @polskagirl01 . You are doing great to do what you can and 10K is nothing to sneeze at, especially in high humidity.

@eleanorhawkins Sounds like you had a great run, except for the trash you found where people aren't even supposed to be. So sorry that you are having heart/stomach pain. I hope you can see the GP soon and get some answers. Keep pushing for answers. Despite advances, doctor's still seem to not understand women and heart issues. Maybe a heart monitor is needed to see what is going on. I hope it is nothing serious and your plans don't get impacted.