August 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I've read and liked and hugged as appropriate. Sorry for not having the time to respond to everyone, but you guys are doing great with your running and are an inspiration to me.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry everything hurt on Friday. I hope your off day helped and your son had a happy birthday.

@AlphaHowls What happened that you are on steroids? I must have missed something. I hope you are okay and they are doing their job. Never mind. I looked back and saw that it is poison ivy. I hope it clears up soon. It much be pretty bad to require steroids.

@martaindale My dad was one of those who did not respond to poison ivy. The neighbor's would have him come pull it off of the trees they were cutting down. LOL Unfortunately, that is not one of the traits I inherited from him. It really reacts on me, so I do my best to avoid it and when I know I may have been exposed I wash my clothes by themselves and wipe all exposed skin with an alcohol soaked paper towel before showering. That usually keeps me from getting a rash. Yeah for getting some rain. I hope your plan to run part of the long run on the treadmill worked out. Sounds like a great plan to me. I see that it did work out. I'm glad you were able to get in the long run and not have to deal with the extreme heat and humidity.

@marisap2010 You are doing great with your plan. So glad that your husband worked it out so he can go on the trip and be there with you when you run the marathon!

@Scott6255 You are doing great to get 10 miles in those conditions.

Great running @Jane10s .

Looks like a great vacation @Teresa502 . Love the pictures and you did so good with running while you were there!

Great running and adventure @polskagirl01 . You are doing great to do what you can and 10K is nothing to sneeze at, especially in high humidity.

@eleanorhawkins Sounds like you had a great run, except for the trash you found where people aren't even supposed to be. So sorry that you are having heart/stomach pain. I hope you can see the GP soon and get some answers. Keep pushing for answers. Despite advances, doctor's still seem to not understand women and heart issues. Maybe a heart monitor is needed to see what is going on. I hope it is nothing serious and your plans don't get impacted.

Thank you! Bowling and pizza 😊
    Think I may have enjoyed more than him! Ha!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 100 Miles

8/2: 5.51 miles
    8/3: 6.04 miles
    8/4: 6.01 miles
    8/7: 11.03 miles
    8/9: 6.02 miles
    8/10: 6.04 miles
    8/11: 6.10 miles
    8/14: 10.08 miles
    8/15: 5.51 miles
    8/16: 5.60 miles
    8/17: 6.01 miles
    8/21: 10.30 miles

84.25/100 miles completed for August

I took three days off in a row. Had a great little trip to Ft. Worth for our anniversary. We didn't do a lot, just ate sushi and went to a bar. We can't do that here in the sticks.

I ran 10 miles this morning. It was supposed to rain all day, but so far the rain has not shown up. We really need it too. I slept in a little this morning, but I don't think it would have been any cooler if I had gotten up earlier. It was actually more pleasant at the end of my run than at the start because it was a little less humid.

@Teresa502 Beautiful vacation pics!

exercise.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA one tip that helped me a lot was that you should go slow enough to be able to hold a conversation while you run. I generally run alone, but found that singing works too. Gets you some funny looks, but oh well.

Hahaha, love it!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier I hadn't thought about acid reflux, but you are correct. It could be that @eleanorhawkins . The first time I had a really bad episode, I thought I was having a heart attack. I started hurting up my right arm, into my neck/jaw, and down into my chest. I saw the doctor and he couldn't find anything. I figured out it was acid reflux later when it happened again when dad was in the hospital having bypass surgery. I didn't want to say anything to mom, but took a drink of water and that cleared it right up. I know that doesn't always happen, but that was my experience. Now when it happens, I drink water and it seems to wash the acid away and I'm fine. At any rate, @eleanorhawkins , I hope you are able to see your GP and get answers.

@SummerSkier You did fantastic with the self talk and getting that first 10 minutes done. Great run in the end.

@eleanorhawkins Wow. With being so tired, it sure sounds like something besides reflux. I hope the doctor you see today can get the ball rolling and give you some answers. So sorry to see that it sounds like the GP messed things up. I guess giving you the Omeprazole, he thinks it was acid reflux? I agree with your typing fingers too. Big hugs from TN.

Nice running @marisap2010 .

@AlphaHowls I'm glad the poison ivy is clearing up and glad to see that you ARE human after all. :wink: A fresh pear sounds wonderful. I hope your legs are feeling better this morning.

@shanaber Fantastic paces on those fast intervals. So glad you felt like doing such an awesome run.

Nice run @kgirlhart . I hope you got some rain but aren't in the flood area there in TX.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA one tip that helped me a lot was that you should go slow enough to be able to hold a conversation while you run. I generally run alone, but found that singing works too. Gets you some funny looks, but oh well.

I totally talk to myself while I run. I plan out my day or week, talk through the schedule for my runs that week, make decisions on house stuff or vacations. Literally anything that comes to mind. My neighbors may think I’m crazy but they already see me almost every day running, so they probably already thought that.

I think you have made a wise decision. Or at least your typing fingers are trying to talk you into a wise decision! Sorry you’re feeling bad.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    August total: 84.5/105 miles

8/1: 5.1 miles
    8/3: 5 miles
    8/4: 4.1 miles
    8/5: 5 miles
    8/6: 10 miles
    8/7: 4 miles
    8/9: 4 miles
    8/10: 4.1 miles
    8/11: 3.1 miles
    8/12: 3 miles
    8/13: 6 miles
    8/14: 2.8 miles
    8/15: 4 miles
    8/16: 3 miles
    8/18: 3 miles
    8/19: 3 miles
    8/20: 13.1 miles
    8/22: 2.2 miles

Took an extra rest day yesterday since I did the HM Saturday. Today was a couple of slow miles to make sure everything feels ok. All good. Legs are a bit tired, but no weird pains, and the fatigue was probably not helped by the total misery that is the weather.
    Technically, marathon/Dopey training starts today! This plan starts with some nice chill weeks, so it will work well to let me recover a little and get a small break before things start getting serious. I’m excited-nervous. The fact that my plan is starting makes it feel real, but 4 months still feels so far away. It will fly by.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I took a rest day from running yesterday, but my cross-training workout had lots of leg work (jump squats, burpees, etc.) so my legs felt extra heavy this morning. I managed to run 4.5 miles which brings my total to 56.48 for the month. Pretty sure I won't make my goal since I'm going hiking and camping this weekend.

@eleanorhawkins I'm so sorry for your health problems and the frustration with the doctors. I hope that you don't have any more episodes before you can have the scheduled tests. Now listen to that logical side of your brain and not your running side!

@martaindale - The Dopey run(s) will be such an accomplishment! Is your hubby running any of the races with you?

Happy belated anniversary @kgirlhart and Happy belated birthday @quilteryoyo!