Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MissMay for the recipe. I have not been much of a smoothie fan but I think a strawberry or raspberry would be nice.....wishing you happy selling? Fast selling? Get as much $$ selling? Ok happy painting when you find your canvas and paints.

Remodel. I have no words. I am working on it. ...Well yes I do have some words. Today the plumber comes to replace the manifold in the exposed shower wall. I am going to use the old vinyl flooring as a template and cut new. (yes we bought it on a bolt like fabric lol) and glue it down today. Tomorrow I paint and hopefully fake marble place (custom acrylic) can do the final measure for the tub surround, then once that is in place assemble toilet and vanity. Then always the little touches. Master bath is down to just needing trim on the floor along the walls. Kitchen, need marble company to come repolish a few areas. Just waiting on scheduling for that.

Ok Alcohol front. A free for August. Self care on day one. I treated myself to a bowl of ice cream instead of sips of whiskey. btw scale shows a loss for July, when I usually maintain

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn Goodness. I could not even handle that.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @MissMay - Wow that is quite a big move! Definitely will feel the difference during the winter. But also a whole new environment to learn new gardening skills. Hope that you get that cash buyer and can start your next phase of life!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Aug 1- AF
    Aug 2 - A
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @Womona wrote:
    "I’m not trying to land airplanes or separate conjoined twins. I just have a busy job."

🤣🤣🤣 I now have to wipe hot coffee off my wall. Your post made my day. And makes so much sense. Glad you figured out the money issue.
  • Lilylady3k
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @MissMay - It is expensive to eat out!

There is one place at home that DH & I often get the exact fast food order each week ... we've seen the price go from $13 around 2 years ago to $18.5. And we are just ordering the junior hamburger, small fries, small drink!
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    August accountability: 1 days AF
    Alcohol: 1 days (2 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

8/1 - AF
    8/2 - 2 wine - Wonderful Marrone Barbera D'Alba Carlot (red wine) to go with Lasagna Stuffed Portobellos - Italian Sausage ricotta marinara & mozzarella in a portobello. Really easy to make! Plus a caesar salad to complete the meal.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    I am in : - )

I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Monday August 1st - AF - Holiday here although I will be going to work (gotta love the extra holiday pay). I have company coming for 8 days, so plan to have Mojitos on Saturday afternoon, and possibly one other day this week prior to that.
    Tuesday August 2nd - Drinks. Planned AF until Saturday Mojitos

Rolling total: 1AF day out of 2 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Hello all you lovelies
    Self care today. I treated myself to homemade pizzas for dinner.

I thought I would remind myself when posting to think of one nice thing I did for myself that day, I can do more but just need to post one.

AF today so 2 day
    Did some prep work in the main bathroom and hope to paint and put the flooring in tomorrow. I could not today when I realized I need to do some sheet rock repair/clean up from the old vanity and tub. That is ok. After I finish in the am I will go take care of my mom. She was too chilled today for a shower but tomorrow is a must LOL.

@globalhiker what a great idea for self care!

Ok I admit I am a dork when it comes to some things makeup. False eyelashes are one. I have bought them several times only to get mad and stuff them in a drawer until I toss them. so today I thought I would try these little wispy sections and place them on. Well lets say I need more practice and I looked like a crazy drunk racoon vs a mature woman who wanted to leave the house.
    Any tips??? Anyone every fuss with the little wispy things?

ok i am off for now
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn The only tip I have about the eyelashes is…have someone else put them on for you! Lol