Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn oooo I love the flooring! I see no chaos-in fact I would love my master bath to look like that!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    AWESOME remodel pics @lmlmrn. The blue is a game changer in that room. You could be an interior decorator. Just saying!
    Why do contractors ghost and bail on us? That really burns me. Your making huge strides in your home even with speed bumps. 🥰

Ok gang.... I got over the hurdle of having 8 bids to review for my home. Thursday and signed to two(one as backup offer).

Keep all those positive vibes and rain dances coming because we arent free and clear for two weeks for closing. And I will not do any more here until that cashiers check is wired to my bank account. 🤞🤞🤞

Keeping AF as A*F*** LOL
    Hugs to YOU ALL.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options

I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Monday August 1st - AF - Holiday here although I will be going to work (gotta love the extra holiday pay). I have company coming for 8 days, so plan to have Mojitos on Saturday afternoon, and possibly one other day this week prior to that.
    Tuesday August 2nd - Drinks. Planned AF until Saturday Mojitos
    Wednesday August 3rd - AF - Less bloated tummy the next morning was my motivation to not drink
    Thursday August 4th - AF - Planning AF for Friday also. I don't want a bloated face and belly to see an old friend that I haven't seen in a few years. Using that as motivation.
    Friday August 5th - AF - That wasn't easy, I really really felt like having drinks. Planned drinks Saturday and the next Wednesday-Saturday
    Saturday August 6th - Drinks and threw up!

Rolling total: 4AF day out of 5 days
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy oh no! I hope you feel better now. I know you have a low tolerance.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    ducky133 wrote: »
    Wow, lots of success on the thread! I have been AF the last two nights but really because I am prepping for a procedure. My real goal is to cut down on the amount I drink. I must admit that although I had lots of trouble falling asleep the last two nights, I feel a bit more calm and rested this morning. Something to think about!

The first few nights after I had a few drinks and then stopped I always have/had trouble falling asleep. That does get better. I found for me my 'normal' sleep patterns started to come back.

Today was hot outside. We opted for sandwiches from Jimmy John's and a beer on our deck. It was so pleasant. Then I took a wonderful nap. Now here it is nearly 7 pm and nearly 90 degrees still.

This weekend we are going to get away. I have l let my mom know that next weekend she is on her own LOL but she is ready.
    So 1 A and 1 AF day this weekend. I can take that. Should be AF all week until we travel this weekend and we will see what happens.
  • joans1976
    Options
    This thread has been a game changer for me! I so appreciate every single one of you!

*August goals: 18-20 days AF with no more than 2 drinks in one night

*Stop and think before opening a drink to prevent pouring alcohol down the drain-save some money!

Good luck everyone!

8/1: AF
    8/2: AF
    8/3: A 1
    8/4: AF
    8/5: AF
    8/6: A 1
    8/7: AF
    Rolling total: 5 AF out of 7
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options

I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Monday August 1st - AF - Holiday here although I will be going to work (gotta love the extra holiday pay). I have company coming for 8 days, so plan to have Mojitos on Saturday afternoon, and possibly one other day this week prior to that.
    Tuesday August 2nd - Drinks. Planned AF until Saturday Mojitos
    Wednesday August 3rd - AF - Less bloated tummy the next morning was my motivation to not drink
    Thursday August 4th - AF - Planning AF for Friday also. I don't want a bloated face and belly to see an old friend that I haven't seen in a few years. Using that as motivation.
    Friday August 5th - AF - That wasn't easy, I really really felt like having drinks. Planned drinks Saturday and the next Wednesday-Saturday
    Saturday August 6th - Drinks and threw up! (We both did)
    Sunday August 7th - Drinks, half-sized, plus wine (!!) with dinner.

Rolling total: 4AF day out of 5 days
  • ducky133
    Options
    @lmlmrn thanks for the feedback on sleep. I had terrible sleep again last night, in part because my cats decided 3 am - 5 am was a good time for zooms throughout the house! I still feel better than when I drink too much though. @Womana, I will be AF until Thursday as well since that is the day of my procedure. I also feel anxious when I have decided not to drink. I am "trying" to focus on the positives here -- how I will feel tomorrow, how my procedure will go more smoothly -- and not the fact that I am choosing not drink. That said, I was crabby last night when I made my dh a martini to go with our ceviche!
  • ducky133
    Options
    @joans1976, great job on all those AF days this month.
  • joans1976
    Options
    Thank you @ducky133, it’s amazing what being more aware of what we are putting in our mouth can make us do. Food wise too! That being said, I have it easy, no partner to contend with (I would NOT be able to make someone else a drink if I was abstaining) and no kids driving me crazy! I do have elderly parents that make me want to drink but I don’t live with them….yet
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Aug 1- AF
    Aug 2 - A
    Aug 3- AF
    Aug 4- A
    Aug 5 - AF
    Aug 6 - 7- A
    Aug 8 - AF
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @ducky133 it used to be very difficult for me with my DH drinking daily. Accually both my first(deceased now) and my 2nd husband as well.

I found with each one they wanted a drinking buddy from me. At first it was cool and kinda fun. But then it
    each time I would come to my senses that this was not how I wanted to feel all the time, run down and no energy mostly. It truely was a habit I learned and followed.

My first husband died of stage 4 liver failure from alcohol. I did not want to follow in those foot steps.

Keep true to yourself and your path to drinking LESS. We cant help those who won't change themselves, but we can change us.
  • ducky133
    Options
    Thanks @missmay. I realize I was not clear. It was hard for me the last couple of nights because my dh was having a drink while I was not because of my upcoming procedure. He actually offered to skip the cocktail and I told him he didn't have to. He likes to have a before dinner drink and generally does, but can always stop at one. (I am the one who struggles!) And he has no trouble skipping cocktails if he needs to or they are not available, while I do. After my procedure I want to keep shrinking the size of my drinks. I have been doing that recently and notice that making them even a little smaller makes a huge difference for me. I appreciate all of your guidance here. It makes me feel hopeful that I can make changes even if they happen a little at a time!