Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    This thread has been a game changer for me! I so appreciate every single one of you!

*August goals: 18-20 days AF with no more than 2 drinks in one night

*Stop and think before opening a drink to prevent pouring alcohol down the drain-save some money!

Good luck everyone!

8/1-8/7: 5 AF out of 7
    8/8: AF
    Days until vacation: 5
    My mom and I have been known to imbibe a bit much on vacations but I’m just not sure my heart is in it this year. I really don’t want to deal with the hangover. We’ll see.
    8/9: AF Worked 14 hours-no time to drink! A few months ago I would have stayed up late drinking, then woke up at the last minute for work and felt like garbage all day. Hopefully those days are behind me!
    8/10 AF
    Well, vacation has been canceled. I was supposed to go with my mom and she’s too stressed out about selling her house/buying a condo. Which is very stressful and there was a chance this could happen. I’m really disappointed and was really looking forward to getting away to the beach/up north where everything is just….slower and more quiet. However, I’m still taking the time off and telling my work I will not be able to be reached. I will make the best of it, I have access to a lovely pool and I plan to try out some new recipes!
    8/11 AF Well, I’m free! I’m on call Saturday night but I don’t care, that’s completely different than the regular job I do. Otherwise I’m free until the 22nd! Might just make some mock tails!
    8/12: A 1- By the pool, staycation has officially begun!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Aug 1- AF
    Aug 2 - A
    Aug 3- AF
    Aug 4- A
    Aug 5 - AF
    Aug 6 - 7- A
    Aug 8 - 9 - AF
    Aug 10-11 - A
    Aug 12 - AF

Your accountability to be AF every other day is remarkable!!! Nice job

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @Will_Run_for_Food wonderful to have you joining us again.
    Moderation or abstaining, it is all LESS and it all works.

This group of supporters are TOP NOTCH with their honesty and compassion.

Keep posting!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    @Womona I too get that IDGAF feeling. I too wish I knew how to overcome it. Here are my observations about when it descends on me: (1) It is more likely to happen when my willpower has been used up on other things. So theoretically, I could limit the probability of IDGAF onset if I can manage my willpower well, i.e. don't undertake anything that's too hard or too much a stretch from my normal pattern. (2) It is more likely to happen when my prefrontal cortex is impaired by a drink or two. Oh, that's when I have the off-budget snacks, too.

No helpful answers, but you are not alone in that boat.
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    @Womona yes PA and NJ Will be great. I am on the road until Sunday but then I will get you the address thank you

Need Texas?
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    AF:days 1,3,5,7,9,12
    A days: 2,4,6,8,10,11

12 days done this month, of those half are AF.

I have a party tomorrow so I will try to not drink another day in a row. I feel so MEH and want to drink today just to get that energy boost (and escape life a bit). I'll go distract myself instead.

Thank goodness I have extra-strength melatonin gummies to get me to bed tonight.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Had to glasses of wine tonight but did not buy more when I ran to the market earlier. My next wine shopping will be Thursday, because it’s my night to bring wine for wine night at work.

I am going to meet with the nutrition consultant at work. She is awesome and a wealth of knowledge. Soooo close to those last 7 pounds of fat, I need to bang this out.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    AF:days: 7 days so far this month: 1,3,5,7,9,12,13

@Sinisterbarbie1 thank you, I like what you said here: "And I have lost 70 lbs since I stopped drinking (not all from booze, obviously, but it helped with everything -calories, motivation, better habits, more time, willpower )."

Got in my 2 AF back-to-back days. Total insomnia going on but I do have dewey skin. I suppose if you're gonna wake up sleepless at 1 a.m., may as well have a glow going on :)
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 I love naps! Sometimes we just need two in one day! I, too, tend to collapse into a heap on my days off. Stressful and busy jobs will do that to ya! I love love love your insight that in the past you would have drank all day instead of relaxing. Wow. That’s a huge turn around!!