Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @MissMay My parents are in the midst of selling their house and buying a condo. It is an emotional rollercoaster! They get their hopes up, then an inspection happens and something awful is wrong and they have to start all over.

@Lilylady3k You do have great willpower and determination! I don’t know how I would do drinking less with all that alcohol around me! Nice work!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,559 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

Incredible willpower on your part with so much alcohol around!
    I bet that you feel really good today, not only clear headed because of the no booze, but also proud of yourself for resisting. One day at a time right?
    Do you have some friends that don't drink btw? I don't think that I do.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn. I joined this thread in November of 2018

My usual goal: 16-20 AF per month.
    I had 19AF days for July.

Diary style

Friday August 12th - Drinks - Sunday will be AF, and as many AF days as I can string together after that. It might be hard after drinking every day! So wonderful having my old friend here! We haven't been overdoing it after both puking the first night : - )
    Saturday August 13 - Drinks. We bought some bottles from a Gin tasting that we went to earlier in the week, lots of cocktails made with the 4 varieties. Sunday will begin AF, hope that it is not too hard after drinking every day. Really, no regrets, had a fabulous time and didn't feel like being AF.
    Sunday August 14 - AF - I have quite a few to try to string together here. I had an AF beer on the porch, a new kind with 40 calories instead of my usual 35 calories. Really not much less calories than my gin cocktails, going to switch over to Ice 0 calorie drinks for Monday.
    Monday August 15 - AF - I had a cherry limeade Ice 0 calorie on the porch after work. I got used to having a gin cocktail while my friend was here. I need 10 more AF days this month!

4sr2qc7p9vxu.png

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 15 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    good day to everyone
    AF last night....coming back from days away has been a little harder than I remember. But I will continue to moderate and/or weekends only then only 2 drinks per day. I can live with that right now

OH funny I will be working our monster state fair again this year. Yeah. I don't find out my 'shift hours' until next weeks mandatory staff meeting. Thats fine. I only hope this time I am not the 'float' that has to close each night. I am not a night owl believe me.

So maybe I did a so-so thing. I put a review up on yelp of the restaurant that we went to in the Dalles in OR. It was not the most flattering but it was honest about the level of service for an what I call a bit of $$ place. Including a few words on the food. The bright side I tried burrata cheese and am totally hooked!

Ah remodel is still ongoing. The granite counter top people are back today taking apart what they did last month. The glue they used seeped out and discolored the granite. (IMHO they did not use enough hardener and it never cured + DH works with that type of epoxy everyday and knew exactly what happened.) Next Monday the imitation marble company will be putting up the tub surround in our main bathroom then I can have the contractor come back in to assemble the rest of the bathroom. Then my hiring/paying people will be done. The rest is on us. But the end is in sight.

I need to get back in here an shout out some personals. I am sorry I am not ignoring you I have read everything.

The aging parent(s) (mine included), the sale of homes, the loss of a loved one, the delicious zero calories available to us poor folks

Still shaking my head over the woman who would not sell me a $15.00 pair of earrings. LOL
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    AWESOME accountability, strength and control to all.

Your support to our group is irreplaceable.

💜
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn - What??? The earrings didn't fit your aura or something?

@MissMay - CONGRATS!!!! Selling your house has you headed toward a wonderful adventure. Crossing my fingers that all goes through on Friday.

@dawnbgethealthy - I used to drink grapefruit zero ICE all the time. I need to pick some up again and pour it into a pretty glass. Thanks for the reminder!

@Womona - Great on avoiding wine at lunch and tracking all your food! It really does help to surround ourselves with friends that don't drink all the time and then not buy it for our homes as well. If only I controlled my circumstances ... but it is what it is.
  • joans1976
    Options
    This thread has been a game changer for me and I sincerely appreciate every one of you!
    I joined in July 2022 and it has already made a big impact!

8/1-8/7: 5 AF out of 7
    8/8-8/14: 5 AF out of 7
    8/15: AF
    8/16: AF
    Yesterday while I was swimming I was really craving a drink. I’m not sure why. It passed by the time I was done swimming. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @MissMay
    Such great news for you! Can't wait until Friday and beyond : - )

@Womona I stopped growing Squash, it takes up too much space for getting like 6 squash.
    I have carved out and frozen spaghetti squash, it worked out fine.
    I don't have pasta very often, but have swiveled to Kanjac or shitake noodles - 10 calories for the whole pack. Not as soggy or flavourful as spaghetti squash, and firmer.
    Have you been out in your boat?

• joans1976
    Options
    @MissMay Congratulations! One step closer!

@Lilylady3k Thats one cute baby!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Aug 1- AF
    Aug 2 - A
    Aug 3- AF
    Aug 4- A
    Aug 5 - AF
    Aug 6 - 7- A
    Aug 8 - 9 - AF
    Aug 10-11 - A