Getting back to Health in Middle Age!

Options
StefieS
StefieS Posts: 39 Member
edited August 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm back after many years. I'm in my early 50s, had a hip replacement a year ago due to arthritis, and am getting back into fitness after years of not much physical activity. There was a time I played tennis 4 to 5 days a week, but that stopped due to my hip. I recently ventured out and took a tennis lesson, and I felt myself lugging all the weight I've gained in the past few years.

Also, I'm an emotional eater with the bad habit of late-night eating when I can't sleep or feel stressed. NOT good for the waistline or my heart health (family history of cardiac disease). So, today I logged back in to MFP and I am starting fresh! If you want to seize the day and try to support one another, please comment and let's go!!! I hope I can sustain this effort, work through the discomfort of breaking unhealthy habits, and lose weight I need to lose. I know I'll be happier and healthier if I do it.

Replies

• GigiLoveandSunshine
    Options
    Good morning! I had to look twice just to make sure, because this is my exact same story! Except I will “one up” you, when I was ready to return to exercise I ruptured my Achilles’ tendon! Ugh. So here I sit. Please be sure that you stretch well before you set out with your tennies.
    Even without being able to exercise I have still managed to lose 6 pounds. Now on to the next 31 pounds left to lose! I’d love to send and receive encouragement along the way.