A New Beginning…

Milliesaurus24
Milliesaurus24 Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2022 in Getting Started
Hello! I am currently on a journey to find out who I am after suffering from PTSD from serving as a nurse during the COVID pandemic . My life was not only in shambles, but unmanageable. I found myself slipping away into depression and isolation; my fuel sugary caffeinated drinks and compassion. I found myself empty and broken.

Currently, my journey has brought me to a cross-road with two decisions; life or death. I chose life. I choose life. I detoxed my body from all foreign entities and began clean, healthy eating in addition to rigorous exercise. I have shifted my focus to take care of me and fall in love with the person in the mirror. I am hoping to find supportive individuals to not only motivate me, but keep me accountable.

I hope you all find what you are searching for in your journey. Namaste

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    You've clearly been through a lot in these last few years, and you're taking the right brave steps into a better future. I'm cheering you on from the sidelines!
  • Dovetail4250
    Dovetail4250 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Millie! I am new here. I can relate. I took early retirement due to the mental and physical stress of working during the pandemic (I was in public service.) Congrats on the detox, that is my next step. Also looking for support an accountability.