tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody! 😊

Me done!
    m58aa2h6tuy1.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    5 miles at 5 am done. Easy pace and the temperature was a nice 53F.

@Scott6255 - Sorry for your not so great run but I had to laugh at the "waste of a beautiful morning" comment!

Congratulations on your new grandbaby @quilteryoyo!

Nice job getting a run in while out of the country on vacation @martaindale!

Great running everyone!
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job in letting your friend sucker you into running further than intended. You are doing great and sounds like she is also. I'll try the pictures again this morning, but my internet is being finicky again today.

Nice job getting in your 20 mile run @marisap2010 . When is your race?

You did great getting in your run @shanaber . Also glad the bathroom was available with cool water. You are doing great. Thanks for the RTY update.

Congratulations @7lenny7 ! It's awesome that you beat Courtney. I hope you recover quickly and am looking forward to your race report.

@polskagirl01 Oh no! That watch shows how bad the fall was. I hope everything is only minor injuries and heals quickly.

Looks like a nice vacation, even if you had to deal with a lot of drama @eleanorhawkins . Love the pictures. I would be concerned about the boar, but glad all you have to do is make noise to scare them away.

@tarun_yadavA Great run and it pays to take a couple of days off now and then.

Nice getting in a treadmill walk @Teresa502 ! I may have to look into getting tickets to Rhythm and Roots next year.

Here is a try at the pictures. Yeah, it worked! Darn internet issues.
    vvcbm5qdwy0u.jpg
    Me and baby boy Koskovich. They haven't named him yet.

9m2h4tl2r8tc.jpg
    Mom and the baby.

b11nmu2zot0a.jpg
    Close up of the mushroom with the snail photobomber.

nhacjr4e40kr.jpg
    Further away for a better size perspective. It is probably about 3 - 4 inches across, so not small.

jfnvfw0qjnsb.jpg
    The underside of the mushroom.

@quilteryoyo
    Congratulations on your Grandchild!! 😊
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Oh I missed that @quilteryoyo has a new grandchild. Congratulations!! That is a big baby :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    haha,,. her neighbors' child not her grandbaby... ;)
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    haha,,. her neighbors' child not her grandbaby... ;)

Oh! Ooops. Well congratulations, nonetheless. "It takes a village to raise..." And all that lol
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all. My daily run done
    z1am9e1t2swk.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Oh, just realised why my local park has been shut for the last 2 days...

A friend just whatsapped me this after he saw my run and my comment
    i4t91gwi735e.png

Buckingham Palace/Westminster Abbey is like, 6+M away!
    There are gonna be that many people queueing!? Wow 😮
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA wow, that is a long line! It says a lot about how much people respected the Queen.

I did 7 miles this morning. Another relatively cool morning at 68F, and dew point was 57. Felt better today. Wore an ankle brace, started the first mile with baby steps which made the ankle and shins not hurt very much. Then gradually increased stride length to (almost) normal. Even threw in a few fartleks and it felt pretty good. But after I took a shower, the outside edge of my left foot (where I was wearing the ankle brace) feels really sore. Ugh, just can't catch a break.

exercise.png

@Scott6255 well done on the 7M ! 🙌
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA - I heard on the news here that they are expecting 750K people -so yes the queue will be long!

Also @quilteryoyo had 2 babies born... the one in the pictures was her neighbor's baby and her step-daughter also had a new baby but in Florida...

@Scott6255 - I hope your ankle feels better!
    @polskagirl01 - you'll get back to that level of fitness again. I think you are doing great and I am so glad you are feeling better overall! That is great that your daughter is excited about running with you and her new gym teacher!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    07.09 Wed 24°C 4.2km 38min
    10.09 Sat 23°C 6.0km 54min
    11.09 Sun 21°C 5.2km 45min
    14.09 Wed 15°C 6.3km 60min

total: 21.70km

Hey, it's nice to have a run where most things somehow worked out. This one was odd: my HR was about 10bom lower than on all previous runs. Unfortunately, the HR where my breathing gets faster, presumably around the lactate threshold was also about 10bpm lower. Bummer. But I think I could have ran on a bit more. I was just getting bored by this super slow running. Oh, back from vacation, and it's clearly cooler here. Will only manage to do one more run tomorrow, and then I'm off again for a long weekend event.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Run felt short today, even though it was 6-something km. I didn't pay much attention to pace, ran/walked when I wanted, at an easy-ish pace. I did have to take a nap mid-day, but overall I'm feeling ok 🙂

Lots of green. And an interesting dead wasp.
    32nczpt4bprv.jpg
    ia8rkpv1q4my.jpg
    7aa2vjhhgw4t.jpg
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Sept total: 44.6/123 miles

9/1: 4 miles
    9/2: 5 miles
    9/4: 4.2 miles
    9/5: 5 miles
    9/6: 5.2 miles
    9/7: 3.2 miles
    9/8: 3 miles
    9/9: 5.2 miles
    9/12: 5 miles
    9/14: 4.8 miles

Did my run on the treadmill after work. I had to be at work early today. Talk about a waste of a beautiful morning. It will be slightly less beautiful bit still pretty nice tomorrow and I am so looking forward to a run below 70 degrees!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 100 Miles

9/1: 6.02 miles
    9/2: 2.11 miles
    9/4: 10.02 miles
    9/6: 5.31 miles
    9/7: 5.33 miles
    9/8: 5.41 miles
    9/11: 11.02 miles
    9/12: 2.02 miles
    9/13: 5.51 miles
    9/14: 5.52 miles

58.26/100 miles completed for September

I was too tired to post last night, but I had a great run yesterday. It was a little warmer than Sunday and Monday, but still very pleasant at about 72°F with a dew point of 59°. I felt like I could run forever. I love those runs. I saw the funniest thing. There was a cat sitting on a curb and a few feet away there was a skunk. They didn't seem to mind each other at all. The skunk was busy rooting around for bugs and the cat was just sitting there. I have noticed that cats like to loiter but skunks are always busy. Then I realized that the cat was also black and white and I thought of the cartoon where PePe LePew thinks the cat is a skunk and falls in love. I just burst out laughing. I am glad no one was around. They would have thought that I was crazy.

Today I ran the same 5.5 miles as yesterday. It was a good run, but not as awesome as yesterday. I did have new shoes though. And I got a new water bottle to replace the one with the leaky lid.
    8lqb5km6vjf5.jpg

exercise.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Me done!
    ft6q7nczgxbn.png