September 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love Flat Lenny 😁 Good luck tomorrow @7lenny7 on your 50M race 😳 I can't even imagine!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    great note about the socks! definitely make a huge difference. I love my nikes but they change the brands and styles up so fast and the materials do not last as long as I would like either. The great thing is that you can send them back for up to 30 days with a complete refund so you are only out the shipping which means you can put a few runs in on a new style to see if you are really going to click or not.

46.5 total for the month not including today out of 120 stretch goal.. Starting out a much better month and hoping the temps will be in the 60's more often now.

Just a note for you in the dark runners as it's getting that time of year. I found some great "rechargeable" flashing lights to use this year - lightweight and very bright. So if you are running early take a look for them on amazon - not pricey and definitely worth it.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good luck @7lenny7!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to catch up on the thread after being off for a few days due to my schedule and the internet being crazy again. You all are doing great with your running.

@yirara I'm glad your ankle is healing quickly. Sorry that it happened in the first place. Take it easy so you don't reinjure it.

@tarun_yadavA You did great to get out for a run on Thursday and Friday when you weren't feeling like it. I'm with you, I would have gone for the wings and blue cheese. Glad London is getting rain. Sorry to hear about Queen Elizabeth's death. The wings look delicious...I forego the celery too.

@lou2you2 So glad that your daughter runs with you.

@martaindale I do hope they mow along your trail before it gets out of hand. Enjoy Puerto Rico. Looking forward to seeing pictures from your hike.

Glad to see you back @7lenny7 ! I have been wondering how you were doing. By now, you are in the middle of your race. I hope it goes well.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Great run @Scott6255 !

@polskagirl01 You are doing great. I never could find the plan I was looking for to share with you. Who knows where it went.

@yirara I guess I'm glad you got your hike in, but be easy on that ankle. Are you sure you should be running on it? Not trying to tell you what to do, just don't want it to get worse.

@marisap2010 That planned run sounds really hard. Good luck. And, yes, I would take the temp and humidity into consideration and slow it down a bit if needed.

Sounds like you had a great run too @katharmonic !
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Some friends and I attended a music festival this weekend and while fun it was a lot of walking and standing on pavement and me staying up way past my normal bedtime. Saturday we didn't go back until mid-day. Registration opened at noon for Peyton's Wild n Wacky 50k so we had to take care of that first. It sells out quickly but all six of us were able to register teams for the 2-person relay event. This morning I managed to eek out 6 miles. I didn't get out the door until 10:00 am which is very late for me. It did make lunchtime roll around quickly!

@scott6255 - great advice to @marisap2010 and great running this weekend.

@shanaber - The Hollywood Bowl sounds so glamourous! Even in the rain!