September 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I just saw on the news where they have found a body close to where the runner was abducted, although they haven’t confirmed it is her yet.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great weekend @Teresa502 . We only got about 3 five minute showers here, but it has been raining all around us and was just a cloudy, yucky day today. I'm glad you were able to get in a nice walk between the rain.

@shanaber I'm glad that it is at least cooling off a little bit at night. Great job getting out and getting it done when you can, but walking when necessary.

@Teresa502 and @shanaber , I've thought about @rheddmobile a lot after hearing about that incident too. I know they were going through a lot of things with health and her mom. I hope they are doing okay. I also hope the authorities find Eliza Fletcher before it is too late.

@marisap2010 That's sad, even if it isn't her.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA - I actually love the food and smaller servings in Europe. I spent several weeks in The Netherlands on a work trip (unexpectedly long) and loved the local food. It was all sourced from the village farmers and was great. The servings were just right for me and I could even enjoy the occasional dessert treat.
    @marisap2010 - awesome job on your race! I always think it is amazing to run into someone you haven't seen in a long time among the hoards of people running. I ran into one of my daughter's swim team coaches who I hadn't seen in at least 10 years at a bigger race in San Diego. She looked the same but I was surprised she recognized me as I had lost so much weight by then. She actually helped me finish the race as I was about ready to DNF.
    @martaindale - I'm glad the kid is feeling better! Funny how and experience like that will make such an impression and they never want it to happen again! It was probably a good choice not to go climbing quite yet!
    @polskagirl01 - I think redoing that plan is a great idea and will get you right up to your race. I hope the running club works its schedules out and gets going again. Maybe if not everyone can make it you can coerce a few to meet up with you there? Kinda do it on your own until the others get their act together? I have never run with a group, well once and it was as bad as I expected and I got left behind because they were all much younger and faster than me. So I am not a good one on worries like that. Even when I was at my fastest I was always afraid I would hold them back.

This morning's temps were more than 10 degrees cooler than yesterday's so I took the pups out for a neighborhood walk (2 miles). Then came home and cooled off a bit, did my PT exercises for my hamstring and glutes, out on sunscreen and headed out to run. My legs felt surprisingly dead at first even after my pup walk but they loosened up a bit and I managed to run most of the trail. Stopped my watch on the way home because it was just too hot to run and walked the remaining mile.
    One thing I noticed was that the dew point was 69% when I went out for my run and even though it was hotter on the way home, the humidity was down about 10% but the dew point was 71. I have always thought dew point was mostly driven by the humidity but apparently the heat is a big driver too. Today was supposed to be hotter than yesterday's record breaking heat but the morning was much cooler and it isn't nearly as hot this afternoon (only 97F 😁). Maybe, dare I say it, we are going to cool down some? Forecast still shows hot, hot, hot all this week until next Sunday but if it is correct it won't be staying so hot overnight so more early morning runs!

ojt0jqt4gslv.png

@shanaber I love Holland! Been Amsterdam several times... As well as Utrecht and Alkmaar (Mmmm cheese!).
    I would say it's my favourite European country!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA Great job getting out and getting it done when you really weren't feeling it.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »

Me too...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »

Yep! So very sad... 😥
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Welcome @lou2you2! Keep us posted on your progress!

@marisap2010 We must have been posting at the same time this weekend because I didn’t see your race post. Congrats on a faster time. Sounds like you made it into a good workout.

@Scott6255 WTG crushing your workout!

@polskagirl01 Track workouts seem like a great way to handle a group with varying paces. I hope your group is able to get some regulars.

I saw the news of Eliza Fletcher earlier today. I feel so sad for her family.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Sept total: 23.4/123 miles

9/1: 4 miles
    9/2: 5 miles
    9/4: 4.2 miles
    9/5: 5 miles
    9/6: 5.2 miles

Treadmill run along the coast of Greece in the town of Chania. It was lovely. There were a lot of other runners along parts of the path and the trainer mentioned that a lot of triathletes were there at that time for training. I’ve never been to Greece though its on my never ending wish list.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    September Goal: 100 Miles

9/1: 6.02 miles
    9/2: 2.11 miles
    9/4: 10.02 miles
    9/6: 5.31 miles

23.46/100 miles completed for September

I ran 5 miles today. It was a good run. It was humid but not brutally hot. I saw a skunk and a frog and several cats.

Today my memories on Facebook were the pictures I posted 7 years ago that motivated me to come on mfp. I am pretty proud that not only did I lose ~80 pounds, I have kept it off for over 6 years.
    2015cfx56gczq8mv.jpg
    3stch5xf6irm.jpg

I was really saddened to read that they found Eliza Fletcher. I expected this outcome, but I was hoping they would find her safe. It is really disheartening to know that there are people out there who would do something like that.

exercise.png

@kgirlhart wow! Well done! 🙌
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    (I'm totally kidding btw... beers/IPAs and wings/nachos lol )