September 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job getting out and doing a solo run when you were expecting a friend. I know that would be hard to do. Nice long walk with the dog.

@kgirlhart I'm glad you had a good run and your toe didn't give you any trouble today.

I finally caught up entering my mileage into the Run The World challenge. We're now in New Mexico, heading toward Truth or Consequences. I always thought the name was derived from some epic shoot out in the early days, but looked it up and they changed their name in March of 1950 from Little Warm Springs to Truth or Consequences after "winning" a contest to name their town after the radio show of the same name. Who knew?
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @marisap2010 I wondered why they would want to name their town after a game show too. I didn't see it in my cursory search, but I wonder if they were paid to do so. Happy Birthday to your mom! I'm sure you enjoyed lunch with family. I always have to bring cake home from my mom too. Good luck on your race tomorrow!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Good luck on your race tomorrow!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    @shanaber - haha! That's one thing you'll notice when you go from the US to UK/EU... Our portion sizes are tiny compared to yours!
    Over here, you could go to a restaurant and it's not unreasonable to be able to eat an appetizer, a main course and a dessert.
    Now I'm 6ft1 and around 185 lbs... No way could I pull that off at many places in the States. Doubly-so for somewhere like The Cheesecake Factory, where they're ginormous!
    @martaindale - same. 42, with a teenage boy same age! Hope s/he feeling better now!
    @marisap2010 - good luck on your run today!!

Got in 7K.
    dsipys6z9pyj.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Yikes! You guys are getting some really high temps for September. I hope you get some relief soon. And, yes, this is the same kid who does rock climbing. They said they wanted to go climb today but they were worried that the jostling from falls would make them nauseated. This bug made a lasting impression!

Can't wait to hear how @marisap2010's race went!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Great job on your race @marisap2010! Not sure if you mentioned what race this was, but was it the Big Peach 10K? My brother, niece, and nephew ran it this morning too.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Great job on your race @marisap2010! Not sure if you mentioned what race this was, but was it the Big Peach 10K? My brother, niece, and nephew ran it this morning too.

No, this was the Labor Day Road Race in Macon. I just looked up the Big Peach 10K, and that looks fun too! We had a TON of people from the Atlanta Track Club at our race. I wonder why they didn't run Big Peach since that would be local for all of them?
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Nothing wrong with redoing your plan! I don't think anyone can be an embarrassment if he or she is out there trying their best. I hope you are able to get your groups to start the meet-ups again. I can see where that would be frustrating.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber Those temps are horrible. I hope you and the pups stay cool. I hadn't heard that the lady was an heiress. That at least gives some hope that she is alive and they are holding her for ransom. I hope they find her alive soon.

Nice "gentle-r" run @tarun_yadavA .

@martaindale Nice run. I'm excited for cooler temps too.

@marisap2010 Glad it didn't pour down rain during your race. Sounds like you did great, esp. in that humidity. Congrats on beating last year's time. Cool that you got to see an old college friend.

Nice run @polskagirl01 . I hope the running club steps up and puts in a little more effort to start up again.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Catching up from Friday. I have a hard time making myself log onto a computer on the weekends. But, on Saturday, a friend and I hiked 11 miles on the Appalachian Trail. It was a beautiful day. Temp in upper 70s in the woods. We got an early start and finished up around 1:00pm. On Sunday, I ran 6 miles in a nearby town where I used to work. Just needed a change of scenery. Today I was planning to hike again but it was pouring rain this morning and has been raining off and on all day. I did manage to get a 3 mile walk in.

Congratulations @eleanorhawkins! Look at you beating last year’s time even with the extra length and climb! Wahoo!

Happy Birthday @martaindale! Glad the kiddo is feeling better.

Happy Birthday to you mom @marisap2010! My dad turned 83 on Friday and I also had to bring cake home. Luckily, it wasn’t anything fantastic and I was able to toss it in the garbage. That rarely happens at my house! Congratulations on your 10K race! Sounds like you managed it quite well!

Good to see you back @katharmonic!

Thanks for the RTW update @quilteryoyo. I have never heard of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico!

Love the pictures of Hobbes and Beaux. I don’t know how you are coping with that heat @shanaber. Hope Hobbes feels better soon.

I highly doubt you are a disappointment to your running club @polskagirl01. You're awesome!!

Eliza Fletcher, the lady kidnapped while running in Memphis, has been on my mind all weekend. It could have easily been any one of us. So sad. I also thought of @rheddmobile when I heard about it. I don’t think this will end good at all.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Teresa502 - Hobbes is feeling better but not 100%. At least eating a little and wanted to go for a walk this morning.
    I too have been thinking about the TN runner. Makes me so sad. I certainly hope they find her and she is ok. Worrisome that the suspect knows where she is but won't tell the authorities.

I also thought of @rheddmobile when I initially heard the news. I just looked at her profile here and she hasn't been on MFP since early July. I haven't seen her much on Strava either. I really hope they are doing ok.