September 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Nice early morning run yesterday @Scott6255! Congrats on going faster than you intended and feeling good.
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    This is very sad. I hadn't heard that they had identified the body yet. I feel so sorry for her family.

Welcome @lou2you2 . Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Nice run @martaindale . How fun to get to "run" in Greece with triathlete.

@kgirlhart Great run. Love your before and after pictures! You're my hero for keeping it off for over 6 years! I struggle with that.

Sounds like you are doing great to me @polskagirl01 . I'm glad "Track Tuesday's" went well and hope people will continue to show up.

@tarun_yadavA Nice running and yes, you need a rest day. Make "moderation" your moto tonight.

I'm so sorry for your loss @marisap2010. Big hugs to you and their family.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 very sorry about your friend. Thoughts and prayers to all.
    @polskagirl01 glad most of your track club at least showed up. Hopefully that will continue and you'll get more that will commit on a regular basis.
    @kgirlhart what a remarkable transformation, and that's fantastic that you have made a life change to stay healthy.

I got out and did 7 'sneasy' miles this morning. It was quite a bit warmer this morning than yesterday, so felt much harder.

exercise.png
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey @lou2you2, welcome! My goal this month is 60 miles too! I'm just getting back into running after a couple of years off.

So far:
    9/1 -- 3 miles
    9/3 -- 3.84 miles
    9/4 -- walked 5 miles at King's Dominion
    9/6 -- 2.3 miles

13ish miles out of 60 for the month. I have a feeling I'll be well over due to various plans for the month.

I really appreciate being able to check this thread for inspiration!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart those are AMAZING before/afters. I have know you few years now and alway known you lost a lot but seeing it like that really puts things in perspective. congratulations!!!!!!! on losing but more importantly maintaining. I will be at 5 years maintenance come Oct 1 but i only lost about 30 pounds.

38.4 miles month to date so doing well on increasing distances.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lou2you2 wrote: »
    @rps67, you re doing awesome on your goal.

My last race I was supposed to run in was back in 2020, it was cancelled due to everything shutting down. I never ran the race but I have the metal from it, it's still in the bag and it won't come out until I can successfully complete the mileage, 13.1 miles. I am hoping to get back to that.

It really is a great place to check for inspiration.

You can totally get back to that!! I'm planning to move to training for a half that I want to do in the spring and I'm so excited because it's my favorite distance. I just hate the phase between sitting on my butt (which I did successfully during the whole pandemic) and being able to run long distances.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart - love the before/after pictures and that you have kept it off for 5 years! I lost 60lbs 10 years ago and have mostly kept it off until the last couple of years... Have gained back 20 of it and would like to lose at least 10 of that but not seeing much progress.

@marisap2010 - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending you hugs!

@polskagirl01 - I was so excited to see the run club group selfie on Strava! Yay for persistence paying off!!

@tarun_yadavA - enjoy your evening out! Just think of that IPA as carb loading for your next run 😬

Welcome @lou2you2! Hangout here too much and we, and the running, can be addicting, in a good way!

@yirara - OUCH! I hope your ankle is ok!

No run for me today. I took the pups out for a walk and we were all just out of sorts. Beaux wanting to go one way Hobbes another and me in the middle... Beaux would go fast and Hobbes would stop to sniff. Didn't help that it was warming up and I was already dripping a half block from home. not that hot - only 80F with 70% humidity, dew point 68%. It felt better than it has been but I guess I am just over the heat. It is going to keep getting hotter until Saturday and then amazingly we 'might' get some rain. I am trying not to get my hopes up but it would be so nice! Still going to be warm (mid to high 80'sF) but so much better than it has been.
  • lou2you2
    lou2you2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    rps67 wrote: »
    @rps67, you re doing awesome on your goal.

My last race I was supposed to run in was back in 2020, it was cancelled due to everything shutting down. I never ran the race but I have the metal from it, it's still in the bag and it won't come out until I can successfully complete the mileage, 13.1 miles. I am hoping to get back to that.

It really is a great place to check for inspiration.

You can totally get back to that!! I'm planning to move to training for a half that I want to do in the spring and I'm so excited because it's my favorite distance. I just hate the phase between sitting on my butt (which I did successfully during the whole pandemic) and being able to run long distances.

Right?! I don't know what happened but this is exactly what I did. I am so ready to get back to the active me! I hate this feeling like I'm going to fall over because my legs are so week.

It's baby steps though!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @martaindale what app do you use to fun on the treadmill for?

My treadmill uses ifit for guided runs. I just got it earlier this summer and have really liked them. Treadmill runs can be such a grind but I have found the guided runs really enjoyable.

@kgirlhart - Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss! Such an amazing transformation!!

@marisap2010 - I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

@polskagirl01 I hope track Tuesdays continue to be successful! And I'm glad to hear you have been feeling better.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I'm glad a few people showed up for the track workouts. Hopefully, it will continue and grow.

Welcome @lou2you2!

@martaindale Chania is so beautiful. Hubby went there a few times while in the military, and then we had a stop there on a cruise about 10 years ago. The water so beautiful and clear.

@kgirlhart Awesome job maintaining your progress!

I didn't run yesterday since I swapped the race for yesterday's tempo run. It probably wouldn't have worked out anyway because my friend who has been in ICU for the last month passed yesterday morning, so it was a very emotional day.

@marisap2010 sorry for your loss
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Welcome @lou2you2
    Another idea is to just set up your phone or tv where you can watch videos while treadmill running. Mine has a little "shelf" for a tablet or phone (and a tablet also covers the display, which I like when I'm running for time).
    Youtube even has videos of people running trails or other fun locations. We even had someone here who was "running" different countries via those types of videos.

Rest day for me today. I need it!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Welcome @lou2you2
    Another idea is to just set up your phone or tv where you can watch videos while treadmill running. Mine has a little "shelf" for a tablet or phone (and a tablet also covers the display, which I like when I'm running for time).
    Youtube even has videos of people running trails or other fun locations. We even had someone here who was "running" different countries via those types of videos.

Yes, this is what I have done. It makes a HUGE difference. Almost make the treadmill half-way enjoyable.

6.25 miles this morning. Got up late so it was already quite hot, and the bright shiny sun didn't help. Was supposed to be a threshold run, but I could only manage a negative split run, finishing the last mile at race pace.

exercise.png