WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Karen - I am definitely interested in some unframed art, I would frame it here to save on shipping….

Macha – there is food delivery here, but it is very expensive unless your order is larger. And that’s tough for me even in the best of times. I love to cook, and appreciate the health benefits and the money savings so I would need to spend $150 on grocery for free delivery and if I spend less the delivery fee is $35. Sometimes there are deals for a first time use, and I am watching for those now. As everything I have read indicates that even with the anti viral I should isolate for 7-14 days. There is also shopping where you drive up and they put it in your car, still a fee but not so pricey and I think I could do that fully masked after a few days and not feel I was putting anyone in danger. I do have a couple of friends I could ask to do my shopping…. I’ll figure it out. Right now I am not very hungry so don’t need much.

I did get on the scale this morning and am down 4 lbs…. not the best or recommended way to lose weight but at least a little smile in an otherwise tough spot.

Katla – I am sending you, DH, and family healing thoughts!

Favorite Halloween costume - as a little kid my mom made all our clothes, and costumes and I was a grey kitty cat, I have not seen a picture in years, but I was able to wear it for a couple of years and loved it. As an adult I have made an assortment of costumes – a Christmas elf, an M&M, Mickey Mouse as the wizard in Fantasia… Most often they were for work as having worked in the Tech field in Silicon Valley all day Halloween parties were part of the work culture, including costumes, so I was always needing a costume I could work in… As there were all day parties, and costume judging but you were expected to get at least some work accomplished.

Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Thanks, Machka will try your tips next time! Hoping the surgeon is a gifted nose landscape preservation artist.
    Kay ((hugs)) whooshing loving energy your way.
    Lisa that’s Mama and Papa when they moved to Napa. A friend visiting their new digs asked Papa, “Aren’t you going to carry her over the threshold?” As Papa was backing away from that suggestion, Mama tried to fireman’s carry Papa over. Gosh I miss them.
    Debbie fingers Xd for favorable appointment.
    Kim hope you can rest rest rest.
    Welcome @iamimagine Cathy! Many of us here don’t do the friend thing but share and encourage on this thread. Come back often and let us get to know you!
    Karen, whew, that’s a lot to do!
    Rori :love: the Vday pic, and especially the vacation plans.
    Rebecca (and Lisa) Joe loves beef noodle Hamburger Helper and always adds more noodles. It’s too salty and processed for my taste and he’d shoot me if I added sour cream ;)
    Katla prayers continue for your DH, today’s procedure and that you may both soon be healthier and together.
    Michele hope the toothache is totally gone. Sometimes a good flossing and brushing flushes out the culprit and eases the pain, way better than an extraction :naughty:
    Heather bon voyage!
    7hjxy7wmwlwx.jpg

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    October: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I once made homemade, using egg noodles and made my own beef broth with Better Than Bouillon, Lee said he liked the Hamburger Helper mix better! I never add sour cream to the whole mixture, just to my serving. I too find it too salty. I haven't had it in about a year, because the odds of me having sour cream and corn on the days he wishes it are slim to none.
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    My favorite costume was when I wore my dads Navy uniform in high school. My friend wore a Santa suit. So we would knock on doors and I would say "Happy Halloween sir", (or ma'am), and salute, then my friend would say "Merry Christmas"! We also went to a manufactured home park, so we averaged 2 homes every 5 min. We scored!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    iamimagine wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I’m new to this group. I restarted my weight loss in August and I’m hoping to add some friends to get that extra support as I reach for the goal. Please send me an invite if you are interested. As of today I’m down 20 lbs this fall, and down 40 from my highest ever.

Best wishes to all of you on your journey!!
    Cathy

Congrats! That's impressive loss. Welcome!

Tina in CA
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3Kayla

Betsy visiting in Charlottesville VA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »

Okay, time to get busy. I am going to celebrate Dia de los Muertos tomorrow, so need to assemble the ofrenda (altar). (does anyone else do this? )https://9news.com/article/life/holidays/halloween/how-to-make-an-altar-for-dia-de-los-muertos/73-f5706370-b346-437b-9dad-5e56f7d0332c

Happy fall. Happy Halloween. Happy everyday! Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

I don't specifically do it, but I make sure pics of my loved ones who have passed are displayed in my home so they are never forgotten. I do love the meaning behind that holiday, however.

I don't get into any holidays. They just aren't as special without kids around. Not worth the trouble of cleaning up after. The plus side of that is that I don't feel the need to participate and therefore gain the weight that typically comes with them.

Tina in CA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

I really have been reading right along, just not talking. Last week was rough-work was crazy (even working part-time), my brother had his delayed surgery. Details below.
    It went well, he is still in hospital, still has pain, but he is up and walking. Hoping he moves to intensive rehab unit at hospital. While the surgery was for upper back, his walking had deteriorated horrible. Too early to tell if any other neuro problems, and how memory, etc, will be (still too medicated). But, one step at a time. His children have been absolutely terrific-especially his oldest son. I mainly just chat with him, help feed him when I am there. Been very careful to do no lifting!

My recovery going well. Yesterday and today I was able to walk 2 miles. Today I think I actually got my eating back on track. Between my surgery, family in from out of town, brother's surgery my food choices went down the tubes! Not too worried though-I am still a healthy weight, just more than feels comfortable. Took a break and back at what works best for me.

Kim-So sorry to hear Covid caught you. Hope for quick healing.

Rebecca-sounds like you are showing some improvement. Hope they come up with a definite plan.

Heather-enjoy that cruise!

Karen-I would have an interest in one of your brother's paintings (and I don't typically hang things on walls!). I also could frame it myself.

Katla-I do hope the doctors have discernment to know the correct course of action for DH.

Lisa-rooting for the iron to do its thing!

New ladies-welcome! Jump in-we all seem to fit in in our own way.

Sorry for those I missed. Still a bit worn out from stuff, but getting back on track. Going to make lunch to take to hospital with me after I get my short shift in at work.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • jodymaro1
    jodymaro1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Age 53 woman from NY. Please add me if you like ! I could use the support myself !
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/all 3 kids- 55.54min, longest distance yet, 29elev, 2.33ap, 85ahr, 117mhr, 2.34mi= 278c
    Strava app = 287c
    Walk/jog w/yogi- 53.42min, 23elev, 4.45ap, 119ahr, 156mhr, 4.02mi= 403c
    Strava app = 492c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 28.05min, 217elev, 164aw, 21.5amph, 127ahr, 158mhr, 10.07mi= 241c
    Strava app = 264c
    Zwift stats- 28.07min, 219elev, 163aw, 56arpm, 21.55amph, 10.1mi=264c
    Other- clean out Bette- 1hr 17min 33sec= 367c

Total cal 1289