Over 200 New Year New Me Part 29

Options

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I saw a 195.6 on the scale this morning thats already a 6lbs loss from my after vacation week binge. I'll take it! My goal for the week was to be back to 195 anyway so Im super happy with that. Then my goal next week is to get back to my lowest of 192.2.

I feel sore and tired...my son has refused to sleep in his crib ever since we got back from vacation and its been a nightly battle with him. He ends up throwing up from crying so much and then he HAS to sleep in our bed. When he sleeps with us he insists on laying right up against me or on TOP of me so I end up sleeping very little and in weird positions. My body had enough, my back was in so much pain and I was tired from lack of sleep..just not good. Last night after much crying and screaming (both me and the baby, haha!) he went down in his crib. I started crying out of relief and happiness that I would finally get a good night's sleep. I hope hope hope that this continues, I was about to have a mental break down if I didnt get to sleep!

Today's plan for the gym is just a light work out- few mins on elliptical, few mins on the bike, may try a 10 min run just to get back into the running mode...will re-attempt d2 on Friday

Blue- THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! I GOT BUTTERFLIES READING YOUR POST!!! You must be so relieved...oh Im so happy!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Lauren- I think its amazing that you excercised during your vacation, I hope to one day have that same frame of mind..right now Im still struggling to make this a permanent change. As for your late night snack..yea thats a sign from the big man upstairs saying "you dont need that" :laugh:

Jess- You have been so supportive throughout my c25k journey and I could even begin to thank you enough. Im going to try again on Friday night...you are totally right that its mental. With the hole ordeal with my son and just getting back into excercising after a week or so off, my body was not happy to oblige and I was mentally too tired to tell it "yes you can!" I'll get this week done I promise, we WILL graduate!

Pos_ me- Cleaning is a great source of working out, especially the kind that involves moving furniture and packing up bags!! Dont tell yourself you didnt excercise because you did! I dont really consider cleaning a "work out" if Im vacumming or wiping stuff down but moving and packing stuff is def a great source!

Julie- I missed your posts, glad you are back. I have been maintaining the stupid 195 too, I am so ready to see the 180's!

bbl

Cris
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Julie-Hope you get to feeling better. I think you have a good plan of attack in mind!

Cris-I will be waiting to hear how Friday goes! I can only imagine how stressed and tired you have been with the baby sleeping with you. Hopefully he continues to sleep in his crib. That's AWESOME that you are back to 195!! :flowerforyou:

elmox-Ouch!! Hope your hand is feeling better today! I must say that I am in awe as well with your dedication to workout out on vacation. I hope to have that dedication one day. I have a hard enough time doing it during the week, forget about the weekends, vacation, no way! And awesome job not overdoing it at the airpor!

Laila-With all the cleaning, organizing and moving of furniture you have been doing you deserved that ice cream cone. And don't think that it's not exercise. Espeically since you have been spending your days that way! You're doing awesome. You will get back to your old routine in no time. We miss seeing you around!

I know there was more but I forgot already. Oops. Sorry. :grumble:

This morning was day 3 of getting up at the crack of dawn to drive my 45 minutes to the gym. I'm loving it. Not loving having to get ready at the gym. I'm naturally a warm natured person so getting ready in the locker room sucks. All the blow dryers, curling irons and flat irons make it HOT! I'm usually sweating by the time I'm ready to put my makeup and clothes on. I gave up on the eye makeup today and put it on at work.

I haven't seen much movement on the scale this week. I got really upset this morning. Then I had to step back and remind myself this is only my 3rd day of really be back on track and I may not see a loss this week. It takes time for my hard work to pay off.

Still haven't finisehd unpacking. I'll get there. I got off work early yesterday and had a case of the lazies. So I laid around all night on the couch and watched TV like a BUM! Pretty excited for tonight. I'm going to have mexican food with my sister tonight. Oh I hope I can be good. I know I can! I CAN I CAN I CAN! We never get just sister time anymore and she needs sister time. She has waaaaayyy too much going on! She's planning a wedding, sold her house, moved in with her fiancee, now their trying to sell HIS house, in the process of building their own house, working full time, and merging families, and dealing with his CRAZY ex wife. I don't know how she does it. She's my hero! Anyways. Enough of my rambling Be back later! :drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Quiet morning around here. Where is everybody?

I'm so totally excited! I'm taking my FIRST beach vacation in Jan or Feb of 2011 with my cousin. She goes on one every year with all her friends and there is talks of going to Aruba!! AHH! :bigsmile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Jess: Your 2011 beach vacation sounds fabulous. Another reason to stay on track..you'll need to wear a bikini!!

Cris: Nice job getting back to 195. Keep it up and you'll see 192 next week (or sooner)!

Nancy: Congrats on being cancer free! I'm so excited and relieved to hear that.

myworld: Isn't it amazing to think how many calories we were eating every day when we weren't paying attention?

tstout: Yay for the jeans falling down! Sounds like you need to go jean shopping.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 464
    Sodium: Over by 935
    Water: 48 oz.
    Exercise: Bed pilates
    Proud: Scale is still saying 190.2 even though the eating hasn't been stellar. I'm very good at maintaining 190 now it seems...time to get to 185!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Yea- super quiet...I'm missing a lot of the people that were here when I first started...Momma, Cogirl, Istapul, Mstahl...nd Awestfall! Where is Ann?! :sad:

Heather- seems like that bed pilates is working for you! I'd die to see a 185, but right now aiming for 190! I know I can hit it this month..the wedding my august is the only thing that could potentially throw me off track, otherwise Im not caving in! It seems like 195 is where I am right now (a solid 195) its easy to get back to even after bad eating. So my goal and focus right now is to get to a solid 190 that will stick around and be easy to return to...

Jess- ARUBA!!! That sounds like so much fun! I can NOT believe you have never been to a beack, thats so crazy to me! Happy planning! Maybe you sohuld go get a cute new bikin or tankini..whatever and buy it in a size youd want to be by then and hang it up as motivation after the wedding...it could help you keep going!

lunch time! Hooray!

Cris
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Cris-That's actually a really good idea! They are starting to go on sale now so I wouldn't mind spending some money on a cute one. OH!! I could buy the camo swimsuit I want! :tongue: But yes I have never been on a beach. Nuts huh? My family didn't have money growing up so our money was spent going home every summer to Wisconsin. I've taken trips as an adult but never enough money to splurge on a beach. So I'm REALLY excited! I don't think I'll be at my goal by then but it's my reward to myself for all my hard work. I know we seem to of lost a lot of people! :frown: :sad: Come back friends!!

Heather-I don't know about a bikini! I've never worn one in my life, ever! :embarassed: Scary sight right there! But you never know, anything is possible! I am loving your bed pilates! None of that living at home for me. :laugh:

Edit: I messaged Ann on MFP earlier today. She's been on Facebook so we know she's alive. Might have to hit her up on there next.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    You're right, cris. I, too, really miss our original peeps. Where are they? :cry:

You guys, getting the news yesterday about no cancer has lifted a huge weight off of me. I slept for the first time since the D and C. I mean I really slept - I got 8 hours of NO waking up style sleep! I feel like I am getting a hundredth chance to get this right, girls. I am NOT blowing this. I know here lately the weight has sort of stalled, and that is OK, really. I know it will kick up again soon! I just have that cliched "today is the first day of the rest of my life" sort of feeling, and I am running with it!

Had a GREAT PT appt. Life is good! Off to go play in the water! Today is my last day of vacation! AH!

Lauren, definitely next time, OK? I was running sort of crazy this past week - sorry!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Jess: I haven't worn a bikini since I was about 6 years old, but I may buy one on clearance this year and use Cris' suggestion of hanging it in my room as motivation. As far as the bed pilates go, you'll just have to find some hottie to date who has his own place!

Nancy: My boyfriend had me excited talking about a possible trip to MO, where we'd have to drive right through St. Louis but then found out the stuff he was going to pick up isn't the stuff he needs (building materials) so it's a no go for now. I thought of you as soon as he said Missouri!

Cris: More be pilates is what you need, woman! Get that baby sleeping in his own bed and have some fun. It's great stress relief, which you need with the wedding planning AND it will help you sleep better. Go with it!

Last night when my boyfriend was changing the Hepa filter in my car and I was cleaning out the garbage in my car, he said I'm looking "really skinny on the side." Later, he told me to stand sideways in the mirror and look at my profile because that's what he meant by "skinny on the side." I also showed him that parts of my stomach actually indent when I suck in now...it's like having fake abs.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Jess: I haven't worn a bikini since I was about 6 years old, but I may buy one on clearance this year and use Cris' suggestion of hanging it in my room as motivation. As far as the bed pilates go, you'll just have to find some hottie to date who has his own place!

Last night when my boyfriend was changing the Hepa filter in my car and I was cleaning out the garbage in my car, he said I'm looking "really skinny on the side." Later, he told me to stand sideways in the mirror and look at my profile because that's what he meant by "skinny on the side." I also showed him that parts of my stomach actually indent when I suck in now...it's like having fake abs.

Shoot, we know with the awesomely crappy guys I find that's hard to do! :laugh: It's laughable the guys I find. Oh well. I know he's out there, somewhere! That's awesome on the fake abs! You will soon have real abs! Before you know it. The thought of me in that naked in public frightens me. Maybe cause it's with my 110 pound cousin who HAS abs..:grumble:

So I must share my happy lunch experience. I went to meet a friend at Olive Garden today. I am very proud of myself. Didn't eat one single bread stick. I got my salad with no dressing, no crutons...and only ate half my lunch portion of my pasta. Lets hope I have the same control at dinner with my sister. I've got beach vacay on the brain!:drinker:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Jess: Great job on the restraint at Olive Garden! I'm not that strong... As far as the naked stomach in public, I'm hoping I can do that next summer, but I've got a lot of work to do to get to that point! I've always said if I hit my goal weight, I'd buy leather pants and a cute midriff top...Coyote Ugly style.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Jess and her amazing willpower!! So proud of you for not using this morning's workout as an excuse/rationalization for munching on breadsticks (that's what I would have probably done!). Yeah you!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Hooray for Jess and her amazing willpower!! So proud of you for not using this morning's workout as an excuse/rationalization for munching on breadsticks (that's what I would have probably done!). Yeah you!!

I probably would of too...but I am also going out for dinner with my sister..I want to have fajitas with no tortillas or with corn tortillas..as low cal as possible. I have about 900 left with my exercise calories if I don't snack.

Heather-Have you ever been to a Coyote Ugly!? They use to have one in Dallas but I never went. There was one in Vegas when we went...I wanted to dance on the bar so bad but I'm too shy and didn't have enough to drink. My best friend went up there alone! You will rock that look when you get to your goal weight!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    My visit to VA has finally lit a fire under my *kitten* to get the ball rolling on my grad school testing/application/referrals.
    I fell in love with Charlottesville. Like, I want to move there love. And I'm never going to be able to move anywhere at all if I don't get my sh** together. Being there really reiterated to me how much I hate my current job and how much I don't like this city. Hey, guess what, Jules: You don't have to hate your life. Novel concept, eh?

Anyway, that's what I've been doing today -- getting those ducks in a row. I've decided I am going to ask my supervisor & coworker for a reference. Screw it. I really don't have anyone else to give me one because the school only accepts academic or professional references. I'm not letting something like worrying about her knowing this isn't my dream job stand in the way of going to school to do what I actually want to do!

So, yeah, first is the referring and testing and applying. Then is the getting accepted (Wow, I'm totally just assuming here). THEN the figuring out how to pay for it part. I hate that it has to be in that order since the testing and the applying are pretty pricey alone but that's just the way it is.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Julie: With your motivation, I'm sure you'll figure everything out just fine when it comes to it. I also don't think your current boss should care that you aren't in your dream job; she's probably not in hers either!

Jess: I got to see the Coyote Ugly in Vegas but not during their business hours because my family is lame. I would totally dance on the bar, probably even without any adult beverages! So, when we hit our goal weights, we should meet up in Vegas to dance on the bar at Coyote Ugly (if it's still there)!
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    OMG! I'd LOVE to go to Coyote Ugly!! But I could never dance on the bar, unless I was under the influence!! That's such a cool idea for you guys to go.

blue-congrats on being Cancer free!!

littlespy-good luck on grad school. I'm contemplating on going back to school for my Master's in Nursing to become a Nurse Practitioner. It's been my dream since I graduated with my ADN then I put it off and put it off. Now I'm newly married with a baby so finances are tight.

Jess-good job at Olive Garden.

So my check in for yesterday

Calories: UNDER!!! by 64, but under :bigsmile:
    Water: 72 oz, not great, but better!
    Excercise: none
    Proud: that I logged everything and came in under my calorie goal.

I haven't started back with excercising yet. I'm kind of in limbo right now. We are trying to move back to the town we (my husband and I) grew up in. I am trying to get a job up there, it's about 100 miles north. I have interviewed for 1 position and am waiting to hear back and am being considered for a position in the hospital I used to work in. But they can't make a decision for a week, possibly 2. I should probably give up for this summer. We don't want to move in the middle of the school year, and school starts September 7th. SO I'm not sure we could be moved by then. *sigh* Life is never dull, around me!
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention that I weighed myself today. I didn't want to but wanted to weigh the baby and all we've got is our Wii so I had to to get an accurate weight for him. Anyway, I'm down 3.7lbs! I'm not gonna count it because I have decided I am only going to count my weigh in weights, and that's not til Friday. Hopefully I can take off the rest of my 6lb gain by friday. I'm not expecting a loss for the week, but I'll be happy with a "break even" Especially since I didn't get back to it until Tuesday.
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone remember me? I am dropping back in.... at least to say hi. I restarted my weight loss goals a couple of months ago and have been counting calories and trying to exercise daily. I don't make everyday, but by trying to make every day i make more days than not.

I also do not weigh in weekly because i realized it was that which was driving me up the wall. Really badly. I still will weigh in at my doctors probably every two months, but no more than one time a month. This last time, I found myself having trouble exercising after my weigh in and wanting to overeat. It took me about 3 days to struggle with the emotions; hope this will be less the next time. I know I need to weigh in for occasional check ins. If for no other reason, when my weight goes down my daily minimum calories will go down.

I am doing belly dance again and loving it. I am taking 3 classes a week. When this class session ends at the end of August, I don't know whether I will still take 3 classes of Belly a week, or cut down and do more yoga, hiking, or other form of dance. When I am not in class my usual form of daily exercise has become strength training or exercise bike or both at the gym. Elsewise, I walk in my neighborhood or go swimming in my friend's pool. If all else fails, I have a home work out I can do or use a belly dance or yoga DVR or dance DVD.

It is super hot here in Phoenix Arizona region and that is why I am not hiking.

Calories have been very good lately. Occasionally I go over or under and so I watch that... try not to let either over or under be a trend but be within the range of 1200-1500 a day, which at my current weight, I should still be losing about a pound a week. I am finding I need to check my portions occasionally and weigh and measure.

If time allows, I'll come back and read and post a bit. I loved this group, it's just been hard to get back here timewise. You are a great group of wonderful people and I miss the group a lot!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Danielle - did I miss you changing your login name? LOL
    Julie - Congrats on doing some legwork for school! I hope everything works out financially for you! I am sure it will! What degree are you seeking?
    Jess - I can NEVER resist the bread sticks at OG! Congrats!

Today is my last day of vacation. No fair! :grumble:
  • Danielle_81
    Options
    Danielle - did I miss you changing your login name? LOL
    Julie - Congrats on doing some legwork for school! I hope everything works out financially for you! I am sure it will! What degree are you seeking?
    Jess - I can NEVER resist the bread sticks at OG! Congrats!

Today is my last day of vacation. No fair! :grumble:

Nah I just did it after my last post. I was finding that I was missing stuff when people replied to me! :laugh: so I figured if I had my name I'd look for that and be able to spot those replies easier.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Dinner didn't go as planned. I guess it could of been worse. I went to go meet my sister and our fav mexican place. Since it was happy hour they have free chips, queso, beans, meat, salsa, and tons of other bad for you stuff. So I shared a small bowl of chips and queso. Had two margaritas. I had about 800 calories so depending on the margaritas I think I'm okay. Guess we will see with Friday's weigh in. This place doesn't have nutrition but someone had input the chips so I took that and just entered it. Hope everybody had a fab night!

Heather-That would rock to meet in Vegas! I'm all for dancing on the bar when I get to my goal weight! :drinker:

Calories: 1642 (guessing)
    Water: Lots!
    Exercise: 45 minutes of the elliptical machine
    Calories Burned: 513
    Proud: That I resisted the breadsticks and I am proud that I didn't eat a meal AND chips and queso like I previously would of. I know I still didn't do great but an improvement...at least I think.