• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    ildebbie .................-1.6.........0.61%
    tstout......................-1.8...........0.79%
    pos_me...................+0.5........0.0%
    littlespy.....................+0.4.......0.0%
    Jess...........................0............0%
    Cris..........................+10............0.0% (no, that is not a typo...) eh...kind of over it. I'll make up for it next week
    Heather...................+0.4...........0%
    Kerri..........................-3.0.........1.01% (not sure if I did the math correct?)
    meokk.......................-0.8.........0.45
    elmox.......................+0.5.........0.0%

Meokk - Love The National. We saw them at Radio City Music Hall earlier this summer. Great band!
    Cris - Love that you're "over it". Moving on to a new week!

I should probably clear up that they are not REAL skinny jeans, but are straight leg. On my body with my massive calfs (my daddy was a football player and I inherited those muscular legs!), straight leg = skinny!

I went to hot yoga class this morning. I sweated like crazy and the class was a little harder than what I'm used to in NYC. But a good workout! This also means that I have exercised every day since I got to STL. YEAH ME!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    lildebbie ..................-1.6 = 0.61%
    tstout.........................-1.8 = 0.79%
    pos_me...................+0.5 = 0.0%
    littlespy....................+0.4 = 0.0%
    Jess...............................0 = 0%
    Cris............................+10 = 0.0% (no, that is not a typo...) eh...kind of over it. I'll make up for it next week
    Heather....................+0.4 = 0%
    Kerri...........................-3.0 = 1.01% (not sure if I did the math correct?)
    meokk........................-0.8 = 0.45%
    elmox........................+0.5 = 0.0%
    bluesy.......................-0.5 = 0.12%

Look I am desperate so I will take the damn half of a pound and be proud of it! :laugh:
  • bluenote
    Options
    Lauren, maybe Monday we can find some time to meet?
    Deb - let us know how the surgery goes. I am praying for your baby girl.

Kerri - I can never do the math for the percentage, even though these kind ladies always post it and say it is easy. So I go to a website that I forget who recommended to us that does all the work for you:

http://menshealth.about.com/library/blpercentage.htm

Just bookmark this next to your MFP bookmark so you will always have it handy. Use the second option on there: ______ is what percent of _____? Answer: _________ % [calculate]

Type in the amount you lost in the first blank, the amount you weighed before the loss in the second blank. Then hit [calculate] and voila! your answer.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello gals!!!

congrats on all the winnders, those that didn't you will next week...August is a new month !!!!

We are home, we got home about 10 , she wouldn't drink anything at the hospital so we had to stay for a while. I went back there she was crying made me soo sad :sad: She finally drank a little tand they let her go home. She slept this morning then i had to wake her up for meds and then she watched a movie and was drinking some more...she is downstairs now cause she said she was bored.

Dr said the most imporant thing is to drink , drink and drink.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,

not time to chat, but got on to inform you that Boscov's has a sale

Juniors Denim bootcut jeans "blue fire" brand for $3.99, sizes 0 - 13..got 2 pairs ( limit 1 per customer)

and

"the original always fresh" 10-piece container set $1.99..it's the "as seen on tv for $9.99. it keeps the food lasting longer. (limit 2 per custumer) I bought 2...

The sale runs through tomorrow. 7/31/10

happy shopping gals!

be back later :)
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hello to Mekhala,
    I was off the boards when you joined us so welcome !!!!!
    Noticed that you are a fellow Brit - the chip buttie gave it away :bigsmile:
    I'm in NY now but grew up in Norfolk.

Jess - how exciting, new job prospect is always a good thing, hope the move is going smoothly :heart: :heart:

OK so I'm going to start C25K TODAY !!!!!!! I'm actually quite anxious about the whole thing because it's been so many years since I have run more than 20 feet but I decided that the worst case scenario is I get exhausted and walk home.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good luck Meokk! I'm REALLY going to start on Monday.
  • meokk
    Options
    just made myself a nice little snack........

tuna topped cucumber rounds

take 1 can (4oz drained) tuna in water and mix with a tablespoon of greek yogurt (instead of mayo), little salt & pepper
    slice up some cucumber rounds and put the tuna on top.

calories - 130
    carbs - 2
    protein - 28
    fat - 2

yummy !!!!!!!
    Next time I might put an olive on top of each little portion.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Nancy: Own that half pound and be proud, woman! Woo hoo!

Meokk: Good luck on your C25k today...I know you can do it!
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am back, up 6lbs, which isn't bad because I am SOOO bloated. Had to take off my wedding ring cuz my fingers are so fat. My feet and ankles are HUGE! Happens a lot when I'm swimming frequently. I had a WONDERFUL time, I am happy to be home and am trying to get back on track with my eating. I REALLY need to go grocery shopping. Maybe tomorrow, as I'm at work now. I'm working on getting caught up on the posts, so I'll respond more later!
  • meokk
    Options
    I did it, I really freakin' did the week one day one of the C25K :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It was NOT easy. I'll tell you that I have a whole new level of respect for all for you who have done this and gotten to the end or past half way or even past the first week :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

So all in all it was not As bad as I had expected. I have to run outside on a pathway next to a road so the 2nd to worst part for me was the embarrassment of all those drivers seeing me run. I'll get over that though, I don't really care too much but feel self conscious as I just don't run around in tight running leggings normally :happy:
    The real worst part was that due to the nature of my course, the last THREE runs of the session were uphill. Mamma Mia !!!!!

Feels good to accomplish this though so I might as well check in now

calories - under exercise, not sure by how much 'cos estimating running/walking cals
    water - 90 ish
    exercise - C25K day 1 week 1
    proud - three guesses !

edit typos galore, must have sore fingers as well as quads !
  • bluenote
    Options
    meokk - CONGRATS!!!!! I am so proud of you for making it through day one of the program! :flowerforyou: Look how far you've come and how great you feel! I admire anyone doing that thing! And the hills! Ah! Double congrats! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Must run - am babysitting my nephew dog. Not my nephew's dog, but a dog who is my nephew! :laugh: My brother's dog, Sparky - he's a maltese fire cracker! Gotta go walk him or he'll leave me a "present" in the dining room! :wink:

check in:
    calories - great calorie day! Best one all week!
    water: over 100!
    exercise: well.....swimming was out due to the rain, so I did my PT exercises and I am about to go walk the dog.
    proud: I had a good eating day!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Have not read up on all the posts...looks like we had a few losses this week. YAY!!

Moving has ended for the night. We moved for about 12 hours. We moved about 5 truck loads of stuff. We're talking the bed of the truck, the cab the passenger seat were STACKED. Got all the big furniture move. I feel pretty good!! I'm very proud of myself. I plugged into how many hours I think we actually were "moving" stuff and then cut the calories in half from what they guessed I should of burned. I got lots of water and got one of those gatorade drinks. I don't know if they are any good for you but I felt like I needed something. We went and spent some time in the hot tub at the gym to relax sore muscles. Now we should rest and go to bed but are we going to do that? Nope. We're about to shower and head to the bar and have a drink or two. I'm guessing I burned a good 2000 calories. I deserve a cold beer damnit! :tongue: I made pretty good food choices all day as well. Hope everybody has a good weekend.

Lildebbie-Glad to hear Seren's surgery went well! :flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    TIRED AS HE** SO I WILL BE SHORT. i HAVE NOT READ ANY POST YET, BUT WILL DO FIRST THING IN THE MORNING WHEN I DRINK MY CUP OF JOE..

I DID READ THAT JESS( AKA RED) BURNED LOTS OF CALORIES MOVING...AWESOME JOB SISTA!!!

CHECK IN

CALORIES, WAY UNDER..BY 250 CALORIES

WATER, ABOUT 8 CUPS..NEED MORE

EXERCISE, NADA...BUT I DID WALK FROM STORE TO STORE (SCHOOL SHOPPING)...REMEMBER I HAVE A HIGHSCHOOLER, MIDDLE SCHOOLER, AND PRESCHOOLER

PROUD, THAT I STAY ON TRACK..KIDS BEGGED FOR CHICK-FIL-A, BUT I PUT MY FOOT DOWN AND SAID NO, "WE WILL BE HOME IN A HALF HOURS AND YOU CAN EAT THEN"...AM I A MEAN MOTHER? ( NO FEELING WERE HURT BY MY ACTION) THEY UNDERSTOOD AND WAITED UNTIL WE GOT HOME..THANK GOD!

NIGHTY NITE,

LAILA
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Won't be on for the next 3 days, congrats moek you have done great. Have a good weekend everyone be good! X x
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hello from southwest Missouri! It's great to be with all my extended family. I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving, so this is a real treat.

Jess, I'm glad moving is OVER! Now comes the unpacking - that's almost worse than moving in my book,
    Blue, have fun with your nephew dog. Hope we can get together on Monday or Tuesday.
    Meokk, CONGRATS on Day 1 of C25K. I can't wait to give big congrats to our other gals doing that.

Went to the ballgame last night. Had a burger and a hot dog. Wish I could take back the hot dog - it wasn't worth the calories at all! I wanted to throw it out after the first bite, but couldn't find a trash can. As I type this, I realize that it's totally lame that I ate a hot dog that wasn't very good because I couldn't find a trash can close to me. LAME LAUREN!

Yesterday's check-in:
    Cals - OVER - 2049
    Water - 72 oz
    Exercise - 75 min of hot yoga = 473 cals
    Proud - I'm having a great time with my family. Getting in at least 30 min of exercise everyday!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im so glad the surgery went well Deb!!! Thanks for letting us know!

So Im heading out to dinner with mom SIL and sister. We are going to Carraba's! I love love love their steak marsala! I will not be eating that though......:sad:
    I will be having a salad or something like that. I haven't eaten bad today but I just dont have any calories in a large enough quantity to justify it. I will just enjoy the company and be good.

Mom and sis will be there to keep me accountable too so I know I will not go crazy.. I have not had any exercise yet so I will really have to be good.

Well Im off to dinner. Everyone have a great night~
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm in VA. It took me 7.5 flipping hours to get here because apparently Richmond, VA sucks out people's brains as they drive through. It took over 2 hours to drive the 60 interstate miles from Richmond to Fredericksburg because we would go 60-70mph for a mile and then 0-20mph for a couple miles, and then repeat. For 60 miles. I was ready to die by the time I got to my exit. :noway:

Hope everyone has a super weekend! I won't be on to read posts and stuff, just to log in to keep my streak going. :wink:
  • bluenote
    Options
    Jess - glad the move went well. Drink a lager for me!
    Lauren - I do hope we can meet up Mon. or Tues.! How fun will that be??? Too much, I say! Glad you are getting exercise in.

I am not doing so well with that this weekend. No excuses, really - just been very busy between the nephew dog and my four "special" cats! I take in cats with medical needs and then fall in love with them and don't give them back. Yeah, I'm weird like that. Captain Jenks of the Horse Marines is a maine coon who has a cleft palate, so when he eats, the food goes up the hole in his soft palate and sprays out his nose like a whale; Charlie is just a plain old fat grey and white cat who has diabetes. He looks like a hershey's kiss if you see him from behind when he is sitting; and well, you all know that Colonel Mustard, aka Mojo the Terrible, my newest member, the kitten from h-e-l-l, has serious aggression issues. The only normal one is my calico, Chloe - and well, if you know anything about calicos you know calling a calico "normal" is a serious understatement! LOL Attitude!

I tried to do a DVD at Sparky's house, but he went berserk and barked and chased me the entire time! I am determined to fit in something tonight that is aerobic! Wish me luck!

check in:
    cals: um.....poor choices for breakfast & lunch makes Nancy a bad girl....but I could have done worse!
    water: 90
    exercise: walking dog, PT exercises, maybe a DVD if the dog will let go of my leg!
    proud: I think I did well on a test I took today to get certified to represent older, aging-out youth in the city foster care system. I am already a volunteer child advocate for the city, but I thought this training would be good for me since I mainly work with older kids in the system.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Haven't caught up on the posts yet...just finished doing my unpacking for the night. We got about 90% of everything moved..and I've only got about 4 or 5 boxes to unpack at my parents house. I got the important stuff unpacked. :tongue: I'm beyond exhausted..tomorow my motto is going to be "do less" hope you are all having a great weekend. Miss you guys! Hope to catch up tomorrow when I do less! :laugh: