November 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA It was a pretty exciting game for no score. We have never watched a lot of soccer, but we do like to watch the World Cup.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,849 Member
    Options
    they have costco in England?! who knew?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,010 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Oh no! So sorry to hear about your injury. I'm glad you could get in to see the sports doctor on Tuesday. I hope they have good news for you and you are able to continue with your training for the Dopey Challenge.

@eleanorhawkins Glad you had an awesome run and that you were able to borrow some trail poles so you know if you like them or not. Funny that your subconscious wants to run the hills. :lol:

Great run @tarun_yadavA . Fantastic consistency. Looks like you are ready for the party! I hope you all enjoy!

@kgirlhart Nice job on the Thanksgiving day 10K.

Happy Happy Late Birthday @AlphaHowls ! Looks like a nice run.

Nice running @yirara . Can't help you on your question about HR though. I've not noticed that either.

@SummerSkier Congrats on meeting your months goal already! Love the picture of your brother eating the leftovers on the pan. Love me some cheesecake! Lovely tree too. I thought I heard on the news this morning that TX is getting snow. Does that include you?

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - thank you! 😊
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,849 Member
    Options

We do indeed Ma'am 😊

I have mayonnaise and ketchup to last through to 2024! 😊

If it is not Hellman's mayonnaise you might as well throw it away..... :#
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options

We do indeed Ma'am 😊

I have mayonnaise and ketchup to last through to 2024! 😊

If it is not Hellman's mayonnaise you might as well throw it away..... :#

@SummerSkier Do I dare ask what your views on 'Light Mayo' are?!? Lol πŸ˜‚
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. (I'm not really back, just had a question for y'all and then saw @eleanorhawkins talking about poles, which I do have an opinion on that might be helpful...)

Trekking poles are great in the mountains. In my experience they're great for going uphill, and it gives your arms something productive to do. You can stow them going downhill, carry at your side, or hold them ready to assist with balance (hands OUT of straps going downhill, so a fall doesn't result in a broken wrist). Definitely get ones that fold up small enough to attach to your pack though. The cheap Decathlon "collapsible" set I got first really only collapse in half, so they're still way too long and are annoying to deal with even when it's my kid that is using them. I've tried so many different ways of attaching them to a pack. It's useless. You need poles to fold up at least into three sections. Also there's a difference between "nordic walking" poles and trail running "trekking" poles, so get ones marketed for trail running.

I love these - Viking Kettera Pro poles
    c8qg0et8nt3g.jpg
    d8ml0jcvqfwf.jpg
    I know, it's hard to see them in these pictures. They collapse, then fold into 3 sections, and fit nicely on the outside of my pack. They also come with a carrying bag.

My question: for those of you with strap HR monitors, can you use them for 24-hr monitoring? And does it record everything so that you could go back and see all of your stats? I've heard good things about the accuracy of the Polar H10 but am not sure if all these strap-sensors are geared more towards just workouts, or if a person trying to recover from a chronic-fatigue-like illness could use it to monitor all the time. I get annoyed having a watch on my wrist, and optical sensors aren't as accurate, so I'm looking for something a little better.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,010 Member
    Options
    56.60/70 mile goal

Cleaned house this morning, waiting for the temp to warm up so I would run outside. I really had hoped to run out the road today, where it is relatively flatter, but since Tippy hasn't had much chance to run around the last two days, I opted to run on the driveway so she could run around too. (If I ran out the road, I would tie her out so she wouldn't follow me. If I run on the driveway, I just let her loose and she runs some on the driveway, into the neighbor's field, and who knows where else before she decides to lay in front of the garage door and watch me with a judgmental eye as I make my rounds. LOL) It was 57Β°F to 61Β°F while I was out. Had gotten cloudy, but not bad.

I ran/walked 5.0 miles in 1h8m38s for an average pace of 13:44 min/mile. My best mile was the first one at 13:25 min and the slowest was the 4th at 14:12 minutes. Avg HR was 141 bpm. Max was 152 bpm at the end when I kicked the finish. Otherwise it was at or below 149 the entire time.

When I finished, I rested a few minutes and then mom and I took our neighbor's dog for another walk since it was so warm.
    as3rem4xxzns.jpg
    Waiting patiently for a treat.

alkgxpp96qhx.jpg
    Watching the water go by.
    When I came home, I cleaned out the gutters and blew/swept off the porches again. I didn't turn my Garmin on for that, because I really had not intended to do as much as I did. Now.....I'm beat.

Glad to know you are at least checking in every once in a while @polskagirl01 ! Sorry I can't help with your question. I had a check strap when I got my first Garmin, but only used it when running. I hope it will do what you want it to.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,999 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Tippy is so cute!

@martaindale I'm glad the swelling is down and there is no pain. Good job on being strong and waiting until after Tuesday to run.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Good morning all.

This was a struggle!

Feel like that Danny Glover character from Lethal Weapon "I'm getting too old for this *kitten*".
    1prml2xe5b5s.png

@shanaber not a huge Avo fan. I like it in Guac/Tex MEX, and thinly sliced over a salad... But not in my burgers, and definitely not as a substitute for mayo!

Have a nice Sunday everyone!