WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    ]]
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Karen – you SHOULD be proud of your brother, I know I am

Debbs – welcome! Thank you for sharing your story, it was great. I know you will do this, keep coming back

pip – you’re awesome (and Kirby ain’t bad either)

Kim – honey, what happened to you all at one time was awful

Just found out that Jess’ friend, her 3 children and her hubby along with Jess and Colby will be here for the entire weekend. I thought they were just coming for a visit. Now to think about food. See, we’re really not into going out to eat. Since her children are preteens, one meal I was thinking of was spaghetti, maybe Fri night if they’re going to be here then. Sunday before they leave, if it’s in the afternoon, I’m thinking maybe a pizza just so they have something on their stomach. Sandwiches for lunch Saturday, But what to have for dinner Saturday that Vince will eat? Jess will have to take care of breakfast Saturday since I’ll be at work. I’m thinking we’ll go out for breakfast on Sunday.

Went to ceramics tonight. They’re not pouring anything and they’re giving away a lot of things (like stamps). Well, it’s that much less that they have to move. Getting rid of some molds, too.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Debbs – welcome! Thank you for sharing your story, it was great. I know you will do this, keep coming back

Just found out that Jess’ friend, her 3 children and her hubby along with Jess and Colby will be here for the entire weekend. I thought they were just coming for a visit. Now to think about food. See, we’re really not into going out to eat. Since her children are preteens, one meal I was thinking of was spaghetti, maybe Fri night if they’re going to be here then. Sunday before they leave, if it’s in the afternoon, I’m thinking maybe a pizza just so they have something on their stomach. Sandwiches for lunch Saturday, But what to have for dinner Saturday that Vince will eat? Jess will have to take care of breakfast Saturday since I’ll be at work. I’m thinking we’ll go out for breakfast on Sunday.

Went to ceramics tonight. They’re not pouring anything and they’re giving away a lot of things (like stamps). Well, it’s that much less that they have to move. Getting rid of some molds, too.

Michele NC

What about tacos for Saturday night- make a taco bar so everyone makes their own.

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    I love the taco bar idea, but you can do a similar thing with baked potatoes - cheese/bacon/broccoli/chili.... With picky eaters and mixed ages and types of eaters (veggie/gluten free...) a "bar" with what ever theme makes it easier on the hostess and everyone can find something they will eat.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    I did my dumbbell routine - twenty reps. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH is happy in his current place. I am considering joining him. I need to think about it.

These are tough decisions, Katla, but being together would be very nice.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Welcome @DebbsSeattle Deborah in Seattle! Congratulations on your commitment to healthy eating with your DH. Bravissima!
    Kim Robert Service poems, love ‘em!
    Rosemarie glad your son is coming at Thanksgiving. Hope his visit gives you respite and not heaps more work ;)
    Vicki I could not stay awake, or even polite, for a 3 or 4 hour meeting, regardless of the time change :naughty:
    Heather, champagne and curried lentils, hmm, now that sounds delicious!
    Karen what a blessing you have been to your brother, and what a blessing his paintings are to all of us!
    Rita beautiful pic, beautiful smiles!
    Pip you and Kirby ROCK!
    Kim ((hugs)) what a rotten series of events.
    Lisa “Stranger in a Strange Land” was and remains one of my top 3 favorite SF novels, along with “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress” and whichever other one I like best at the moment. ;)

Why is it that the oranges in the stores are all green, ugly and treble priced??? Have there been crop failures?

Done:
    11/8: Move: 2 sets pt, line dance class. steps: 8941
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: apple, artichoke, beans-cannellini, celery (in tuna salad) beets, bell peppers-orange, bell peppers-red, broccoli stalk, carrots, cauliflower, celery, corn on the cob, cucumber, garlic, grapefruit, maraschino cherry, orange, peanuts (in peanut butter), pecans, radish, romaine, snap peas, tomato-sauce, wheat-pasta/bread CI<CO=Y
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, vote, 20 mins grooming Tumble, dog training games, massage, post office, Bi-Mart, Grocery Outlet, recycling. Wt: 138.9

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    November: Move more (7515 steps), fuel better (protein + vegs), live NOW (time with Joe, Tumble and Shadow).

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    💕
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited November 2022
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »

Michele NC

What about tacos for Saturday night- make a taco bar so everyone makes their own.

That's what I would do!

Or the suggested potato bar.

I'm all about letting people make their own thing.
  • Machka9

I have not read much Nora Roberts but will look into reading a book by her.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA

I read Nora Roberts ... but in some ways I prefer her JD Robb mysteries.

• Machka9
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    I have a 3-4 hour monthly management meeting this afternoon. I just hope I can stay awake. It is cooler today and trying to rain.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

How on earth do they justify a meeting that long?!?

• Machka9
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Well finally yesterday I tested negative for Covid, so 2 more days of full masking in and outside per doctors orders and then just at my discretion - Having had Covid, I don’t know if I will ever take my mask off indoors with bigger groups of people, especially those I do not know. I wanted to believe it was a “bad cold” or minor flu, but for me it was not. I was miserable.

One of the things I had not shared as I really did not want to think about it is that in the week I got covid my house turned 62 and celebrated by breaking down…. REALLY I would have rather done a party. But the plumbing system under the house sprung a leak, the heater stopped working (granted it is a crappy wall unit that heats mostly a bathroom) the fireplace insert blower stopped working and I used a space heater and melted an electrical connection. So as I called around for different professionals to fix the issues, no one will come into a home with Covid. So I waited, and managed. But yesterday ½ of the plumbing under my home was fully replaced, today the wall unit has been repaired. So I have water and some heat. Thursday the electrician comes over and I have a call in about the fireplace. Gratitude to the repair professionals, gratitude to indoor plumbing, a heater, and electrical is immense.
    And while nothing has been cheap, both of the professionals have been helpful on how to shave dollars off the total, and to make this work the best for me. Again grateful!!!

Kim in N. California

Really sorry!

Regarding COVID, there is another wave coming through. I still wear a mask if there's a group of people, and generally speaking I try to avoid groups of people.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    I have been Christmas shopping and didn’t have a clue where I stood so tonight I sorted and made some lists. Turns out I’m almost done. I have some things to purchase, but I have the ideas and that is always the most difficult.

Tracey in Edmonton

I am almost finished my Christmas shopping and I haven't spent a cent! :grin:

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Grateful for...
    9-*place-the lake ;-(
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Tracey, Thanks for telling me about heated jackets. I looked on Amazon and there are lots of choices.

<3 Barbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Katla ,how wonderful you got to have dinner with your hubby,so glad your daughter is getting you back and forth...are there activities at your place that you could get involved in?
    Miles is snoozing, but is cranky.. this time change isn't working well..he is awake at 4 am every morning..