December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    For the tdee tracker link you do have to download it and then open it in excel.

Whoa! I like this sheet! At first I could not get it because it wanted me to buy the subscription to use excel. I was able to copy it and open on Google sheets!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    This is calories in and weight. It takes about 6 weeks of data to come up with your est tdee. The only thing is that you have to be pretty consistent in your workouts over the week because it doesn’t take activity into account.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier I counted all of my miles, walking, running and steps for 2021 and 2022. Ir is still a challenge for me. Last year I made it a little past 2021 and so far thus year I am at 1947. I should be able to reach 2022. For me trying to get that much mileage solely running would be over-reaching and I am afraid I would end up injured ir burned out. This way it us challenging but still fun.

Beautiful photos @shanaber !
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo your morning eating schedule sounds valid. That is pretty much what I am going to do.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @SummerSkier I counted all of my miles, walking, running and steps for 2021 and 2022. Ir is still a challenge for me. Last year I made it a little past 2021 and so far thus year I am at 1947. I should be able to reach 2022. For me trying to get that much mileage solely running would be over-reaching and I am afraid I would end up injured ir burned out. This way it us challenging but still fun.

I have done the same in past years, walking, running and steps, and found it plenty. This year I left steps off and am around 1435 miles atm. Also @SummerSkier we usually have teams! I read next year they're doing both team and individual counters so I'll be seeing if it'll let me just put running miles towards a team count but everything towards my individual one, if that works it will be cool.

@quilteryoyo sounds a solid plan. A handful of chews or jelly babies in a pocket just in case you need a little extra oomph for the end. I also really hate the way they do the awards before those of us at the back are finished! After spending all summer thinking about ringing the bell at the finish line of my big race in October while I was training, they were handing out trophies when I finished so the photographer was covering that, so I didn't get a finish line/bell picture. That was disappointing.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! 😊

@SummerSkier awww thanks for checking-in.
    I had an enforced slob day yesterday. Ravenously hungry, ate cr*p but unable to do any meaningful exercise save for a walk!
    There has been a lot of lying in bed and watching The Office re-runs and World cup⚽ over the last 48 hours! Lol

Back on it today. Still pretty stiff though!

Today's 4. (29 done; 123 to go... )
    xjw864328i5t.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo That’s what I do. Breakfast 1.5-2 hrs before then something small like a banana or granola bar beforehand. I usually try to plan my in race fueling around where the aid stations are so I don’t have to carry water.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 . That makes me feel better.

Thanks @eleanorhawkins . I remembered you saying that about not getting the finish line picture when I read that they were starting the awards at 9. I hope they will have the photographer there at least. I guess we'll see.

Great recovery run @tarun_yadavA ! Hopefully the legs will feel better tomorrow.

Thanks @martaindale .

Beautiful @Laurz9191 ! Wonderful run too. I remember my best run I think I ever had was in the snow many many years ago. So much fun if it isn't too cold.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    I woke up this morning and it was snowing! We don’t have snow all too often so I wanted to enjoy it for as long as I could and went on a nice 16 km run :), as it wasn’t falling down too hard. I only slipped and fell once ;) when I was at my turn around point (I cut the corner) and I also took a moment to snap a picture. It was a great morning!

s9ol3p73vrzj.jpeg

So that leaves me with 120 km to go.
    @Laurz9191 Hello!
    Wow. That's so picturesque... Where are you from?

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    For those of us back of the pack people who miss the awards and photo ops you might consider if you have your phone with you asking someone to snap a picture with your phone. No not a professional picture at least it is something to have to look at later.

@quilteryoyo - I responded on your newsfeed post that your fueling plan definitely sounds reasonable and I have done something similar. As an option if you wanted to eat a bit later you could take the oatmeal with you and eat it once you get there (disposable container). Also is it possible there is a shuttle to take people into the race so you don't have to drive? Or are you close enough that you could walk there as a warmup? Then you could leave a bit later.

Great picture of the snow @Laurz9191. Looks like you got quite a lot more than I did yesterday. Same question as @tarun_yadavA, where are you located?

No run for me today we are heading off on our first leg home...
  • Scott6255
    Options
    Really beautiful picture @Laurz9191! Nice to look at, but I wouldn't run in that. You are tougher than me!
    Way to get back out there @tarun_yadavA! I'm sure it was tough to get off the couch!

Rest day for me today, but wanted to wish my birthday twin @shanaber a Happy Birthday! 🎂 Safe travels!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255! Happy Birthday to you (and your brother!) too. Guess that makes us birthday triplets! 😁
    I will have to get my birthday miles in later this week though since we are driving home for a couple of days.
  • Scott6255
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber! Actually it is quintuplets (at least). Two of my nieces (in-law) have birthdays today too! 😳