Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This group really helps me hold myself accountable, plus everyone is absolutely great. My monthly goal is 16-19 AF days (3A days max weekly) for weight loss and overall health. I post in the mornings about the previous day.

12/7: Drinks (2) - I had two glasses of wine during DH's birthday meal. MFP has a new intermittent fasting tool, which I found helpful. It helped me skip the urge later at home for that additional drink and the late night snacking.

Rolling Total: 4 AF Days out of 7
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @mfowler883 Lagunitas has the best NA IPA that I've found so far. I find it satisfying, although I agree with you that it's missing key flavor elements. Let me know if you find one that's better.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    bover145 wrote: »
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    3) Walk outside and pull weeds for 15 minutes until the urge passes.
    4) ...
    Of course Lilylady adds gardening to the unwind list!

@bover145 - Weeds grow year around in Houston Texas!!! LOL
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    December accountability: 5 days AF
    Alcohol: 3 days (7 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

12/1 - 2 wine @ restaurant
    12/2 - 1 bourbon & Diet Coke
    12/3 - 4 wine ; overdid it at a wedding
    12/4 - AF, DH too
    12/5 - AF, DH too
    12/6 - AF, DH too
    12/7 - AF, DH too
    12/8 - AF, DH too; son in law has COVID so my daughter and granddaughter (both tested negative) are now staying with us and the babysitting went out the window since they can’t go to the parties. Babysitting the other granddaughter tomorrow night also changed since they don't want to be exposed so the other grandmother living in Baton Rouge is driving over to do the honors so my son & his wife can go to his company dinner. More testing tomorrow night to verify that it is not spreading!

Another couple asked DH and I out for a wine dinner 12/21... we accepted. So I know that this AF trend will break but maybe it will last a little longer with all that is going on.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Dec 1- 2- 3 A
    Dec 4 - AF
    Dec 5-6 -A
    Dec 7- AF
    Dec 8-9 -A
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker How many years ago was it? Did you have to do radiation? Did you do genetic testing? (Feel free to tell me to bug off!)

@SunnyDays930 How are you doing?
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @joans1976 - What are you planning to watch on Netflix? What do you like? Are you looking for holiday, suspense, comedy and/or horror movies?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @sunnydays930
    We are here to help you get over that 10 day AF struggle you have.

NOTHING is worth taking that cork or screw top out of that bottle. I recall your anxieties from waking up the next day knowing the night /day went badly.

Remember back to those months and months of not a drop of alcohol and how much energy and life you shined.

This is a bump.....only a bump.....JUMP OVER IT. ❤
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k

Much easier for you when DH is also abstaining.
    Could this be the new normal?
    How are you both feeling physically and emotionally (and mentally) with so many AF days in a row?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @joans1976

Really sorry that you are experiencing so much pain, but glad that you are in your own home. May the healing begin, the bad stuff is cut out of you now.

Netflix and chill....um...lol, is a phrase that I understood means something else.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My primary motivation for drinking less is weight loss.
    I throw up if I have more than 3 drinks, so moderation on drink days is rarely an issue for me lol.
    My recurring goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I squeaked to 16 last month.

I like to do this diary style to keep track.

Saturday December 03 - 2 drinks
    Sunday December 04 - AF
    Monday December 05 - AF, planning AF until Friday. Just catching up with forums this morning
    Tuesday December 06 - 2 1/2 drinks, 1/2 too many apparently, I thought that I was going to throw up. I am okay with having a drinks day midweek, just not having a stretch of them every single day like I did in September and October.
    Wednesday December 07 - AF - Planning AF for tonight. I felt like I needed a "wow" button for some of your posts this morning : - )
    Thursday December 08 - AF - Having midweek drinks psychologically made it easier for me to be AF on a Thursday. Not sure yet about having drinks on Friday and or Saturday, lets just say that they are planned drinks days.

Rolling total - 5AF day out of 8 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos family photos ladies!!!

Good and bad news-
    Husband landed a job (good)
    It is for a high end liquor Co. (bad)

Maybe him being around booze all day will be like working at a bakery, you don't want a donut after being around them all day.

@lmlmrn the smoken possibilities are endless for you. Did you smoke the kernels first, then pop it??

@joans1976 thoughts your way during another recent procedure you had.

Having to pick up husband from work in the evenings is definitely keeping me AF. It might only be 2.5 miles/10 minutes away but the drivers around here SUCK.

Last Friday when I had the BOGO margherita I skirted home the back secondary roads, breaking a rule I always reinforced before moving to Fort Walton Beach. I gotta get the slip up under control.

DECEMBER accountability so far
    8 AF (includes today)
    1 A (one drink)
    🌴❄⛱⛄