Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 210

Options

Replies

• kristawatkins52
    kristawatkins52 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @kristawatkins52 Wow, you’re handling so much! GREAT job on the not smoking. I think quitting smoking was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Are you using an app or anything for support?

Thank you! Quitting smoking has been quite a challenge, though by not drinking as well I have found not smoking a lot easier. I don't think I could do it if I was drinking at all, as I started smoking by only doing it when I was drinking, and it had become a worse habit from there.

I am not using an app. I am just facing it as I do my eating challenges right now. I try to keep myself busy, distract myself with something else if I feel a craving coming on, and just remind myself every time I think about smoking why I am quitting in the first place. I am doing well so far, but if I find myself struggling later, may have to change my approach.

• kristawatkins52
    kristawatkins52 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

meagop wrote: »
    Hi all!

I used to poach pear halves (even canned) in the microwave and melt dark chocolate into some of the juice as a chocolate sauce to pour over them. It really does feel decadent, especially with a little bit of brandy or brandy flavour in the sauce. This works with fried bananas, too (tiny skiff of butter in a non-stick pan.) My birthday is coming up, so this may be my solution!

This sounds like a fantastic idea. I may have to try this with some pineapple or strawberries if I am really craving some ´dessert´. Thanks for the idea @meagop !