January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    @martaindale thanks Sarah. Yup, hard reset! Full detox! No beer or wing shall pass these lips in the month of January! Haha.

Anyways. How are you feeling about your races?! Nervous? Excited???

Everything crossed🤞 for you!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,805 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA cleverly does not mention mince pies of course.... wait until he gets invited to a night out with the guys....

@Scott6255 your numbers are really FREAKING me out today too So ended up with 8.36 miles....at 8:36 pace....and finished at 8:36am!!! 😳 😱🙃8️⃣.3️⃣6️⃣

@martaindale I am so excited for your races and trip! I feel like I am going to be doing the Dopey also alongside you. So fun packing and of course better to have TOO many options than not enough. You are going to do so well. 👏🎉👏🎉👏

I would be PROUD to have you join my RTY team @kgirlhart !! The more the merrier it seems this year which is fine by me. I enjoy the camaraderie of it esp since I am no longer stressing about trying to run the whole way anymore. Sometimes you just have to let things go. Team name is bONs2023RTY if you search.... all other already doing RTY are welcome as well.

@quilteryoyo I love your goals for the year and am excited again to watch you train for your Dec 10 miler! You are definitely on the team too.

Welcome to all the new members and may the gods be ever with you as we venture into 2023 (can you tell I have been rewatching the hunger game series?)

I completed my 10 sandwich today (10km/10m/10km) this morning. Totally unplanned of course like everything about my running . 😁😁😁🤣 16 out of 120 goal. It was humid and almost 70 this morning but luckily a nice southern breeze. The weatherman had predicted a very rainy day but when I walked out to check I could see blue sky so I decided to run before it changed its mind. Of course I figured it would start to pour on me when I hit the furthest point but surprisingly altho it was a sweaty clammy type run no rain. I also was surprised yesterday that the trash was not too bad and no loose dogs. I did step on a cap in the street I think which made me jump but other than that both runs were surprisingly uneventful.

MILE month ytdate
    1-Jan-23 10.06 10.06 10.06
    2-Jan-23 6.25 16.31 16.31
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier - hahaha, no Guys' nights till Feb!
    @martaindale - truly amazing. A marathon on day 4. Inspiring 🙌. And then some!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,975 Member
    Options
    Welcome @JennieMaeK ! It's a great group. Great job on completing your first week of the training program. Which program are you using?

Welcome @ptabibian ! Is that 500 miles on your ticker your goal for the year? You may already know this, since I don't know how much you are currently running, but don't increase your mileage too fast or you'll risk injury. Are you using a training plan to get ready for your half? Will this be your first? @Alphahowls gets up at 4 am, I think. Me? Nope. I am not a morning person.

@penguinmama87 Great job on getting a walk in on such a busy day.

Nice 10.5 miles yesterday @kgirlhart . Glad there weren't a lot of loose dogs and that you got to see Sunny. Good job on your "rest day" exercises. Hope you managed to get your Christmas decorations down.

@tarun_yadavA Nice run. Good luck with your teetotal and vegan-ish January. It would be really hard for me to give up eggs and cheese.

@martaindale I sure don't blame you for wearing a mask on the plane. I think I would too. You do have to pack a lot, but sounds like you will be ready for all the contingencies. Exciting.

WOW @Scott6255 . Maybe you should play the lottery.

Thanks @SummerSkier ! Great job on your 10 sandwich!

Glad to see you back @marisap2010 ! We can do the mile streak together. I'll be starting year 3 in 10 days. You can do it! Congrats on 750 miles in 2022 too! Amazing!

Nice run @Avidkeo ! Glad it felt easier for you.

@Fit2btied You'll figure it out eventually. How did the new pup do on it's walk? Great job getting in as much running as you can. Also glad that you are feeling so much relief.

I did a treadmill session this afternoon, after taking mom for her eye doctor appointment. I had to cut it a bit short due to an unscheduled visit with my cousin and his wife. They stopped at mom's. She called when I was in the middle of my run. I finished up 2 miles and cut my cool down walk to 0.25 miles so that I could go down to see them. He was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer 2 or 3 years ago. Mom and I had just talked about needing to go see him soon. He is doing great and looks really good.

exercise.png

I have a question about the ticker. I haven't used it in a while until this month. When I used it before, I thought there was a way to save it and just add your miles. I don't see how to do that now and had to totally redo it today from yesterday. Am I missing something?

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    The run on my plan for today had me doing speed work. Because I have been slack for several months, I did not maintain the desired pace on all of the speed parts, but I did my best and ended up with 4 miles.

January running: 4 miles
    Walking and running total: 5.6 miles