WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    edited January 2023

[/quote]

Melatonin doesn't make me drowsy. In fact, I'm debating if it is worth continuing because it doesn't seem to do much at all. Although, I just read I am actually supposed to take it 1-2 hours before bed, so maybe I'll try that this week.

What's in your biochemic phosphates - the ingredients or active ingredients? Is it magnesium?

My grandmother always had a big garden but my mother didn't and I followed in my mother's footsteps. Now I feel like various portions of my garden might be similar to my grandmother's. :)

Machka in Oz

[/quote]

Vendor: Hyland's Homeopathic

Fundamental support for cases of fatigue or nervous disturbances.

The five phosphate cell salt remedies are, according to Scheussler's Biochemic Theory, recommended for functional nervous disturbances and brain fatigue due to overwork and worry. While each phosphate cell salt remedy has its own role in our cells, this combination of all five offers fundamental support when nerves are weary or out of sync due to stress or illness.

Uses: Relief of symptoms of nervous exhaustion, irritability and occasional sleeplessness.

Active Ingredients: Calc phos 3X HPUS - Aids normal growth and development, restores tone and strength, aids digestion, and aids with bone and teeth formation. Ferrum phos 3X HPUS - Eases inflammation, acute fevers, weakness. Kali Phos 3X HPUS - Helps to restore health to the nerves of the body, combating the results of excitement, overwork and worry. Mag phos 3X HPUS - Anti-spasmodic, benefits the nervous system, helps ensure rythmic movement of muscular tissue. Natrum phos 3X HPUS - Acid neutralizer, aids in the assimilation of fats and other nutrients.

Inactive Ingredients: Acacia Gum, Lactose N.F.

Warnings: If symptoms persist for more than 7 days or worsen, contact a licensed health care provider. If you are pregnant or nursing, seek the advice of a licensed health care provider before using this product. Keep all medications out of the reach of children.

Directions: Adults & Children Ages 7-12 years: 4 tablets Children Ages 2-6 years: 2 tablets Dissolve under tongue 3 times a day. Use more frequently (every 15 minutes up to 8 doses) with acute conditions.

looks like most places have it listed as out of stock or discontinued. :(

I found with the melatonin, back when I was taking it all the time,after a while, it didn't do much for me. I stopped and when I did try again a few months later, it really worked.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Pork a sauerkraut for New Years and good luck is a Germanic tradition that goes back generations. In my part of US (Ohio) and nearby Pennsylvania there were a lot of German emigrants so the tradition is pretty widespread here. They say that it was thought pigs were good luck because they root forward and turkeys and chickens scratch backward. In any case-sauerkraut is good for the digestive system (those tricky biomes) and I like the taste. It has been part of my New Years day for 68 years so I will continue with my tradition. I am certain other groups/cultures have their own!

Ginny in Ohio

Ah ... my great grandmother may have been aware of this tradition then. However, she didn't pass it on.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,441 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Kristin Dowell Dressed Up Drills DVD. Work tomorrow and then bowling.

M – the reason you never eat fowl on New Years is because if you watch a pig, they always have their nose snorting forward and you want to go forward into the new year. A chicken scratches backwards and you don’t want to go back in the new year.

Karen – that movie “Monuments” sounds like a good movie. Which channel is it on? Have I told you what a wonderful sister you are?

Think I’ll go for a walk right now while a load of laundry is in the wash. When I get back I’ll put it in the dryer and then make myself breakfast. After working out, I very seldom feel hungry at first.

Ginny – I didn’t realize that having pork on New Year’s was a German tradition. But that’s OK, I still have my pork. I like sauerkraut, as you can guess Vince doesn’t. The only thing I think about is the amount of sodium in it. That’s one of the reasons I like to make my own when cabbage is on sale.

All the ladies here – I remember someone saying “a problem shared is a problem halved”, and that’s what we do.

Viv – glad you’re better and back here!

Slept in a bit today, but still got up around my usual time. I have to say, I’m not used to staying up so late and I was very tired during the day. I think I sat down to read and fell asleep for a bit

Debbie – if they want to clear out the church in record time, just have me sing. Actually, I have a hard time wearing a mask in church. I can’t even say prayers out loud. For the longest time, tho, I haven’t worn one in church

Rebecca – did you make up that word search list or did you buy it? I think it’s so cool. Hopefully, you got it online and I can get one, too

Lisa – sure hope Bella comes back. What a horrible way to start the new year. How does Cory feel about all this?

Debbie – my heart breaks for Destiny

Gonna go read a bit more, then bed. Work tomorrow.

Michele NC

I bought it at a Hobby Lobby store.😁💖👍🏻
    Rebecca
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,601 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    I really, REALLY like this gratitude thing, so I grabbed a boatload of these lists and I tweaked it big time! So I'm going to keep it going... myself. One day you're doing, or NOT doing... like the 1st, the next day you're thinking/reflecting.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count?

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

• Machka9
    edited January 2023
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Melatonin doesn't make me drowsy. In fact, I'm debating if it is worth continuing because it doesn't seem to do much at all. Although, I just read I am actually supposed to take it 1-2 hours before bed, so maybe I'll try that this week.

What's in your biochemic phosphates - the ingredients or active ingredients? Is it magnesium?

My grandmother always had a big garden but my mother didn't and I followed in my mother's footsteps. Now I feel like various portions of my garden might be similar to my grandmother's. :)

Machka in Oz

Vendor: Hyland's Homeopathic

Fundamental support for cases of fatigue or nervous disturbances.

The five phosphate cell salt remedies are, according to Scheussler's Biochemic Theory, recommended for functional nervous disturbances and brain fatigue due to overwork and worry. While each phosphate cell salt remedy has its own role in our cells, this combination of all five offers fundamental support when nerves are weary or out of sync due to stress or illness.

Uses: Relief of symptoms of nervous exhaustion, irritability and occasional sleeplessness.

Active Ingredients: Calc phos 3X HPUS - Aids normal growth and development, restores tone and strength, aids digestion, and aids with bone and teeth formation. Ferrum phos 3X HPUS - Eases inflammation, acute fevers, weakness. Kali Phos 3X HPUS - Helps to restore health to the nerves of the body, combating the results of excitement, overwork and worry. Mag phos 3X HPUS - Anti-spasmodic, benefits the nervous system, helps ensure rythmic movement of muscular tissue. Natrum phos 3X HPUS - Acid neutralizer, aids in the assimilation of fats and other nutrients.

Inactive Ingredients: Acacia Gum, Lactose N.F.

Warnings: If symptoms persist for more than 7 days or worsen, contact a licensed health care provider. If you are pregnant or nursing, seek the advice of a licensed health care provider before using this product. Keep all medications out of the reach of children.

Directions: Adults & Children Ages 7-12 years: 4 tablets Children Ages 2-6 years: 2 tablets Dissolve under tongue 3 times a day. Use more frequently (every 15 minutes up to 8 doses) with acute conditions.

looks like most places have it listed as out of stock or discontinued. :(

I found with the melatonin, back when I was taking it all the time,after a while, it didn't do much for me. I stopped and when I did try again a few months later, it really worked.

Like this: https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/62750/tissue-salts-comb-5-nerve-tonic-125-tablets

I'll have to see if my Chemist Warehouse has it.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    igvaqlax0ko2.png
    497aiv5ty34u.png
    cihsfrj38c70.png

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    My heart is hurting about Bella and Chappie. Animal deaths and disappearances are excruciating for me; always have been, since I was a little girl.

Tracey, Thank you for the kind words about my posts. I read your posts with great interest as well!

Kim, OMG. No words.

Karen in VIrginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2023
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Lisa - hope Bella finds her way back.

Kim - good job with the chickens. We had a chicken ranch when I was in Jr. High. I had more than enough of the critters. People ask since we have 10 acres why we don't have chickens, no thanks.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    I find getting through January and February so difficult. The darkness really bothers me. I put some fairy lights on a plant I have, I bought a new scent warmer and the lamps, that should all help.

The last week went too fast and I’m still tired.
    Tracey in Edmonton

That's one of the reasons I got in the habit of leaving my Christmas decorations up till February! I don't do well with the dark part of the year which was, fortunately, around Christmas in Canada.

I also had a fake ficus tree (which a lot of people thought looked real) in my apartment in Winnipeg which I draped with white twinkle lights. That helped too.

Here, the dark part of the year is at a time when there's nothing going on. It's just dark.

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    edited January 2023
    bxj2bt8onrgb.jpeg
  • KetoneKaren
    edited January 2023
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Kristin Dowell Dressed Up Drills DVD. Work tomorrow and then bowling.

M – the reason you never eat fowl on New Years is because if you watch a pig, they always have their nose snorting forward and you want to go forward into the new year. A chicken scratches backwards and you don’t want to go back in the new year.

Karen – that movie “Monuments” sounds like a good movie. Which channel is it on? Have I told you what a wonderful sister you are?

Think I’ll go for a walk right now while a load of laundry is in the wash. When I get back I’ll put it in the dryer and then make myself breakfast. After working out, I very seldom feel hungry at first.

Ginny – I didn’t realize that having pork on New Year’s was a German tradition. But that’s OK, I still have my pork. I like sauerkraut, as you can guess Vince doesn’t. The only thing I think about is the amount of sodium in it. That’s one of the reasons I like to make my own when cabbage is on sale.

All the ladies here – I remember someone saying “a problem shared is a problem halved”, and that’s what we do.

Viv – glad you’re better and back here!

Slept in a bit today, but still got up around my usual time. I have to say, I’m not used to staying up so late and I was very tired during the day. I think I sat down to read and fell asleep for a bit

Debbie – if they want to clear out the church in record time, just have me sing. Actually, I have a hard time wearing a mask in church. I can’t even say prayers out loud. For the longest time, tho, I haven’t worn one in church

Rebecca – did you make up that word search list or did you buy it? I think it’s so cool. Hopefully, you got it online and I can get one, too

Lisa – sure hope Bella comes back. What a horrible way to start the new year. How does Cory feel about all this?

Debbie – my heart breaks for Destiny

Gonna go read a bit more, then bed. Work tomorrow.

Michele NC

We watched it on a streaming app (Tubi).
  • KetoneKaren
    Hello ladies!

Suebdew welcome back!

I've been thinking more about goals for 2023, and being true to my intentions. I have a fitness program and a diet program and a meditation habit, but I get sidetracked. My word is diligence, and to me it means that I will follow my programs and not fall off the wagon. That doesn't mean zero skips, but it means not saying one thing and doing another. Not keeping my word is corrosive to me, and I have to work on that. Especially when I say I am done eating for the day, or that I will have a small portion of red meat.

Today was not the best start. I was up late, so I slept in instead of walking. Then I had a second helping of meat. I ended up four hundred calories over. There's work to be done.

Annie in Delaware

Me too. I remember Heather rejoicing a few years back when she realized she is someone who keeps her word. It resonated with me then, and it resonates with me now.

Karen in Virginia