WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2013

Options
1434445464749»

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well I think I am up for good now. A bit woozy and dizzy but that's how a person feels when they have slept for 36 hours straight. I have lost a couple of pounds but since they weren't lost the right way they may come back. There is so much to catch up on and that will keep my mind off the bad things and help me focus on the good only. Thanks for all the kind remarks and all your thoughts and prayers.

Joyce
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Phew! Walked my feet off today so I'm counting 600 calories. We had an absolute thunder storm when we were sheltering in a cafe and it rained for about two hours solid, but eventually the sun came out again. Knocked two sights off my bucket list - the Pantheon and Keat's house by the Spanish Steps. Other than that we did the Trevi Fountain and some churches with important art.
    I was just about past it when we decided to make for home. On my feet for about 7 hours. But I do love walking through the back streets and seeing parts not thronged with tourists. We decided to cut some of the journey back with a tram. Much thanks for that. It dropped us off at the station with the supermarket so we bought dinner to cook and wine. Delicious figs for desert. At least I have lots of calories to play with. I'm glad we are eating in so we can relax.
    Tomorrow we are doing the Vatican Museum which we have prebooked. We will do some research this evening on what to concentrate on as it is huge. Really I most want to see the Sistine Chapel, which comes last I think.
    This flat is beginning to feel like home now. It's great to come back and relax. I slept well last night, with the help of pills, and was woken up at 7am by the sound of sirens. Not bad at all. The bed is comfortable and big enough, but I put out a quilt on the sofa in case one of us was restless. Not needed.
    So the Rome adventure goes on. Our meal last night was delicious and very reasonable, with extremely friendly hosts, but I had trouble choosing food that wasn't wildly fattening. In the end I had a small, less fattening pasta, and grilled veg. I had a tiny bit of DH'S liver. They brought extra, free, food for us, ( I didn't eat any of it), free aperitif and couldn't do enough for us, but I persevered and managed to end the day, with a lot of self denial, under my TDEE, but over my own calorie goal, so no real damage done. On track today with all the walking!
    Soon to get going on tonight's delights.
    Love to all, Heather in Rome
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies,

janemartin...........Love the new pic!!!

Heather...........Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip. Enjoy!!

Sandy.........So glad ds's girl went to your b-day celebration and all went well.

Kevrit.......feel better; you are on your way!

Joyce..........I think you probably needed all that rest.

Dee Dee.........sorry about the wrist, good to see you.

Meg.......glad you held your ground with the idiots!

Sylvia........hope all is well with the older dog; the puppy certainly does sound like fun!

Suzy.......YAY for the Bath being done!

DD did a 10 mile race last weekend and managed to average 9:39 per mile which is not half bad. Has a sore knee now; had to get a massage and get it wrapped after the race. I'm thinking about hopping in the car and running out to her college as she has a long weekend and wants to do some shopping etc; still no firm plans there, but got coverage for myself for the high school cross country events in case I do decide to go.

DH off today; had lunch at a NY style deli; huge portions, brought 2/3 home but it was good, expensive , but good.........not wasting these left-overs!!!

Volunteered at an elementary school PTA fundraiser race yesterday........cute, cute kids!!!

Take care all,
    yanniejannie
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I haven't posted or checked in for a few weeks. I had totally stopped logging my food, and pretty much stopped caring about it. We lost our wonderful dog, Ryder, two weeks ago. He had been sick for a while, and we had to let him go onto his next journey. I have been VERY depressed. I am starting back up today with journaling my food. Baby steps. Trying not to beat myself up.
    I struggle with making connections with people since I work with animals. Really hard for me to admit my feelings, but I'm forcing myself. Need to get out of this dark hole...
    Critter Sue
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Sue- virtual hugs from here, I am a dog lover myself, and letting our babies go over the rainbow bridge is just heartbreaking, we have done it way to many times, sending you love and dont you worry we do not judge,do what you need to do and we will be here for you when you need us xoxoxoxoxo:wink:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Phew! Walked my feet off today so I'm counting 600 calories.
    Love to all, Heather in Rome

:flowerforyou: I love vacations. Always have more activities than in my office job and typically do not gain. Enjoy every minute of it Heather.

:flowerforyou: Tomorrow is October, and time to set our goals and report on how we did for September. I can report that I don't know about September, but since Aug 12th (when I started over) I officially lost 11 lbs. It was bloody hard work (No sugarcoating, folks) So I really want October and November to get me some good results too.

Who's on?

:heart: Renny
    Tons and tons of rain on Vancouver Island, BC

P.S. the red dress in my profile picture, Michele, is too small on me unfortunately. Wish it were as you said. It sure looked good at the time, and I want to get back to it.
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. So much going on over the weekend that I hardly had any "me" time.

Jane- I totally agree that time flies way too fast. Where did Sept go? Love the cute new pic.

Heather - so jealous. Wish I could be with you. Oh how I love Rome.

Meg- Good for you. Have to stand up for what is right. Sometimes others just need to be reminded.

Suzy in DE- Yipee on the near completion of your bathroom. I know you are more than ready to have it back.

Rita - Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Sylvia - Wooo Hooo! Congrats on the loss. Keep it up! Hope all turns out well for your older dog. I have a 12 1/2 yr old German Shepherd that suffers from hip issues, but is still a trouper at heart. His hardest days is when I take him to the groomer. He can hardly move the rest of the day.

Dee Dee- Take care of that wrist. Hope you feel better soon.

Lee- Welcome- Hope you enjoy this group as much as I have in such a short period of time.

Sandy. No matter how difficult this is, you are doing what's best for you and your family. Put yourself and your family first. I understand it's difficult. You and your family are in my prayers.

Barbie - Love what you wrote. Agree that choices are easier when the options are reduced.

Meg - Don't you hate those service providers. I once got an invoice 4 years after selling my home and moving. The invoice was for service while I didn't own the property. Thank goodness I had their "final bill" that was sent to me and my cancelled check showing payment. What a mess. Glad you stood your ground.

I've been struggling in getting in all my calories. Talked to a friend of mine and she had some good suggestions that I've put into play. I was within 50 calories yesterday. Much better than 200-300 calories a day. I tried a few new recipes over the weekend that helped. If anyone loves eggplant, let me know and I'll share with you.

I'm still at my husband's office and need to get back to my work here, but wanted to say hello. Hello to everyone else I missed.

Have a good evening!

Jenn
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Critter Sue:flowerforyou: :heart: Is that a picture of your Dog. He looks like a wonderful dog. We had to do the same thing with our dog Buddy when he had tumors and just couldn't eat/drink/go outside on his own. It is a big loss to lose your favorite companion. That's why they are called 'man's best friend'. When you can, adopt a rescue dog. They deserve it so much.

Joyce
  • CritterSue
    Options
    Grandmallie,
    Thank you for your kind and supportive words. It really touched me that you reached out to me. I haven't been so down in quite a while. I know I need to make the effort to reach out, eat right, and get back to burning some calories-even with my bad knee.
    I'm going to try and pop in more often.
    Hoping to catch back up with you all...
    Critter Sue
  • CritterSue
    Options
    Oops, Joyce-we posted at same time! Thank you for your kind words. I am sorry about your beloved Buddy. So hard...
    We actually have three more dogs that were rescues-and six cats!
    Yes, Ryder in my picture. He was the Alpha, but also the comedian...
    S.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Critter sue,sorry for your loss.Please,take care of yourself.We`re here for u.
    HUGS
    jane
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Critter Sue,
    I'm so terribly sorry for the loss of your sweet hound. Is he a greyhound or a whippet? Once you have loved a hound you can never be the same again. I'd love to see more pictures, or message me privately if you just need somebody to talk to.

We lost our rescued male whippet, Cutty, back in May, and he was MY dog, and I loved him with every fiber of my being, so I truly understand the feelings you are having. My heart breaks for you. Cutty even looks like your Ryder! I miss him every day, but the feelings of desolate loss have faded a little and been replaced with sweet memories. I hope you can allow yourself some time to grieve and then try to focus on the good stuff. Also, just a month ago I felt ready to get another dog and we wound up with a hilarious puppy who fills my heart every day. I think Cutty would have loved him. Maybe soon you can find a new friend too.

Take care of yourself.

Sylvia
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Critter Sue.........Please add my condolences also. The hardest thing I've ever had to do was to take my 2 dogs to the vet for that final trip and hold them in my arms as they slipped away. They were both hounds (basenjis), one a girl and one a boy and I loved them both dearly. May your pain ease and your depression lift as the days pass.

yanniejannie
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    CritterSue- so sad to lose your dear friend and companion, Ryder. I lost my two sweethearts within 4 months and it really knocked me down. I still have heartache because I loved them so much. Their sweet faces I always will remember and the smell of their ears.:brokenheart:
    Sylvia- what did you do that made you lose 8 lbs? wow, that is great! I am lucky to lose a fraction. did you change your diet around or were you alot more active?
    Played bridge today and then went for a pedi. sounds like the lap of luxury but I am getting ready for my trip to see my daughters. will be with them this weekend and am excited...have not seen them since July. Better have pretty toes because they will say something knowing those two!
    Have been trying to eat under 1200 kcals a day.
    did not do well on my pedometer 3600...boo. should have walked those toes instead of polishing them.
    Susan in the mightY midwest
    oh, I forgot...
    mICHELE & Heather- have to say, I think I am a feeder, too. I enjoy watching people eat my food, there's some sort of satisfaction in watching them?! sounds kooky, but true for me. Yesterday I baked a banana nut bread and muffins...was telling everyone in the house to eat some...and I would watch!!! YIKES!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    CritterSue - I'm so sorry for your loss. Our furbabies are family and we grieve the same way. Take care of yourself, give yourself time to grieve

I'm tired :yawn: It's been a long day. I did not go to the funeral.

Sorry, short on words tonight.

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Critter Sue, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Give yourself time to grieve. They are just as much family (and many times more so) as our blood relatives. Always loving and loyal. You are in my prayers.

Jenn
  • CritterSue
    Options
    Wow, I feel like you all reached out and hugged me. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much your kind words have lifted my spirits. I am thinking tomorrow will be a much better day. Again, thank you all so much!!!
    Critter Sue ♥
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Critter Sue, my dogs, Brandy and Sasha, and I are sending you hugs :heart: :heart: we know how sad you are :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: It's time for me to watch Dancing With the Stars so I have posted the new thread for October

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1108593-women-ages-50-for-october-2013
  • villagran1999
    Options
    Good job looks like your getting closer to your goal everyday