WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hi Vit F people! The last week was torture! The workers came a week ago Monday and left this Monday at 8 pm. We had to move everything out of the bathroom (we were told we wouldn't have to) so it was a huge mess. I've spent the last two days putting things back in place. Did provide me a perfect opportunity to go through everything and get rid of a lot of "stuff"
    Tonight I'm no hog duty. The feral hogs have torn up our front side yard . We've been dealing with them since July and can't seem to be up when they come. We have a gun but they are really smart. When we stay up with a large flood light on the back yard, they don't come.
    I've been able to read the last three days of posts.
    Grandmallie - enjoy your trip to FL. I hope you have good weather.
    Joyce - you have had a lot on your plate this month. Prayers for you and your family.
    Jen - Hi neighbor! We live sw of Ft Worth but moved here from Duncanville. I think I remember that you're applying for a job. I hope it works out for you.
    Heather and Robin -congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughters. They are so much fun.
    Katia - safe travels. It sounds like a perfect trade to me. Are you pulling the boat home on a trailer?
    Meg - sounds like you're still working too hard.
    My shift doesn't end until 1 am but I'm getting tired. My 4 DGKs are coming for the weekend so I really need to get everything finished up tomorrow. I'd like to get my fall decorations out so the house will look festive for them.
    I haven't gotten to weigh in this week as I didn't know where my scale was hiding. I feel like I've gained but whatever it is, that will be what it is. There's nothing else I could do this week.
    Take care everyone and remember tomorrow is another day.
    Sue in TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,788 Member
    Options
    morning all,
    Joyce sorry that you have had a very tiring few days, so glad now that your MIL is at peace.. will be praying for you and your family in this transition time :heart:
    Sandy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou:
    im up had my warm lemon water,a kind bar and now having some tea, and then off to the gym....today is my day off from work and I go in early tomorrow because the other assistant took the day off.
    going to mow he back lawn, and then make some homemade mac and cheese, that is a weakness of mine,but I will be good....
    My brother and SIL will be coming over tonight to go over instructions while we are gone...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    No time this am, but congratulations to Robin. Aren't we lucky!

Joyce - the next few days will be super busy. Look after yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    :flowerforyou: Joyce sorry about your MIL. You n your family are in my prayers. You did so much for hubby and her, God bless u my dear friend.

Robin and Heather congratulations on the arrival of your grand daughters! great times ahead :heart:

Meg we want u around....... take care..... dont work yourself to the bone :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barbie thanks for the right questions and the support
    Best wishes to everyone
    Am enjoying the grind at the gym and the yoga on alternate days
    Have also added protein shakes to my diet after workouts in the evening. The chocolate in my fridge succeeded in tempting me, but like someone said why did I have it there in the first place........
    Greed I guess and overconfident.....
    Anamika
  • suehoward7
    suehoward7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am just starting out on this journey and am struggling at the moment.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am just starting out on this journey and am struggling at the moment.

You've come to a great place for support!
    Renny
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :heart: Joyce, I am sending hugs to you......you have the done the best for your MIL and were there for her when she needed you
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :heart: Joyce: Thoughts and Prayers going out to you and your Family

:flowerforyou: Heather and Robin congradulations on your new grandbabies

Seems live has gone a full circle in our mfp family this week

Well wishes too all

Juanita in sudbury
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    *** Robin- congrats on being gramma again,looking forward to the picture...Take Care!!!

*** Sandy- I used to hate the winter months because I worked outside in it and I do not like the cold temps..but now that I do not work the winter isn't so bad...but I still don't like the cold brrrr...Take Care!!

*** Jean- Welcome to the group!!! Take Care!

*** Vicki- I also remember having just the 3 channels...simpler times then...Take Care!!!

*** Rori- My scales stay within the same numbers..up a number then down a number..I do not bother with changing the numbers here on MFP..it would make one dizzy..:tongue: ..Take Care!!!

*** Joyce- My heart hurts for you..my deepest deepest sympathy for you and your family..bless you for being with her and doing all you could for her..I am sure she felt your love....there will be some hard times ahead...... just remember that she was loved and went knowing that.....my thoughts and prayers are with you...cry...cry..don't hold it back...I did... but it only hurts more for doing it ...also remember to take care of you..hugs to you.. (if you don't mind) :cry:

*** Sue- sounds like it has been a hectic time while the work is being done with the bathroom....I remember because we had the heating changed from electric.. to Natural Gas...not sure of the heat we will get but too late now...Take Care!!

*** Anamika - Having something we really enjoy like the chocolate...can be helpful..because just a bite of it can keep you on the right track...or even knowing you have it will help...unless you are like me and cannot stop at one bite..in that case better to not have it...Take Care!!

*** Suehoward7- Welcome to the group!!!...Take Care!!

There is not much going on my way...except I cannot let myself go outside for a short walk...I am still struggling..also I am so tired..must be a flare up of the Fibro...I get dizzy a lot...but I still try to do my Leslie Sansone exercise..I stand up ...wait a bit till the world stops spinning.....do some exercises....stops the tape.....rest..then try again...I will beat this :grumble: might be a good time to do some exercises lying down....ahhh...unless I fall asleep while lying there.....my life is so interesting...zzzzzz

Hugs to All :flowerforyou:
    Liz.. fr Halifax, NS
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to feel good enough to start walking and playing outside. It is such beautiful weather. I'm going to head out to the cottage and sit out on the deck and watch the lake. It doesn't something like me right now. Hardly moving but moving more.

For those of you in Facebook there's a nice recipe for Pumpkin spice latte. Went out and got a bag of pureed pumpkin out of the freezer. Going to make it for sure. Makes 3 servings but guess I have to put in recipes here to find the calorie content.

I had a good day yesterday and wii told me so. With a nice loss. Now to keep it smiling if wii is smiling so am I. LOL

See you all lighter

Juanita I'm In Cochrane not to far from Sudbury.
    Linda
    Northern Ontario
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Linda, haven't been up your way for years. You are right we are having beautiful weather sun is so bright shining on the bright yellow trees here that they look like they are on fire, justlove the fall and all the colours, enjoy your time by the lake its so peaceful I'm sure.
    Juanita in sudbury
  • grandmallie
    Options
    ok so I took a lil nap, then went to the dump and they to the vets for food and meds for the boys, cooked the pasta for the mac and cheese, just trying to figure out how to make it creamy and crunchy on the top, so in between that , I am going to go out and mow the back lawns...
    then maybe finish packing...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Olive and her baby sister Ande meeting at the hospital.

OliveandAnde_zps0baf6f97.jpg

Robin
  • grandmallie
    Options
    to adorable there Robin, just want to kiss those cheeks!!!!:heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have a blustery day here today and will be going to the department of motor vehicles to get the boat trailer licensed for the trip home. It hasn’t been out on the road in some time, and the license has expired. I think we’ll leave for home as soon as we get a break in the weather. I had a chat with SIL last night and explained why we wanted the boat and I think she’s feeling better about the trade. I’m happy about that.

Heather: Congratulations on your new granddaughter. Eliza Daisy is a really cute name.:flowerforyou:

Robin: Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter, Andelane Bailey Roberts. :flowerforyou:

JenninTX: Good luck with the potential job.:flowerforyou:

Poerava: I’ve been missing you. I’m so glad you posted. :bigsmile:

Joyce: Your mother in law is now with the Lord. She was so lucky to have had you in her life. I’m glad the some of the family was able to be there at the end, for her sake and also to reconnect with each other. Hugs to you.:heart::flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

September goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Had a good night's sleep last night. Thank you Ambien! Will be a busy day. I live in jeans so I need to go shopping for some regular pants for the next few days. Also I live in tennis shoes. I have an old pair of SASs that I guess I can wear but I need some hose to! Also the cat chewed through my ipad charger last night. I wish she weren't so cute so I could be more mad at her. So I need to get that.

One other thing I need to do is to call Karen again and see if she wants to come over and look through her Moms things and see if there is anything she wants. Maybe it will help her calm down so she can behave herself at he funeral home.

I was surprised I was over my calories yesterday. I guess it was the mashed potatoes at Dennys. I thought it would be the least dangerous side to pick, but I guess not. Plus it had a lot of sodium in it. But it was easy to eat and my body was to exhausted and that's what I wanted. Did you notice that ticker strip shows down 1 pound? That's the only thing I bothered to do, no measurements or blood sugar.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy thurs.
    Robin.love the pic.Adorable.
    Have a good day ,all
    hugs
    jane
  • grandmallie
    Options
    have taken the boys for 3 walks around the block, made mac and cheese, a homemade banana bread for my dad,now think I will finish packing for the trip:wink:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Joyce,sorry about your MIL.Know you were a great DIL to her.
    Please,take care of yourself these next few days.
    Sending hugs and prayers.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    hugs jane
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Back home. Really tired, but DGD is gorgeous. It is always a treat to see the wonderful relationship between DH and DGS. It was lovely for DGS to have someone's full attention today. We went to the playground and had a great time.Gave DDIL a chance to sleep.
    So happy that the pills are working and DH is back to his old self.
    I will put a pic of DGD, Edie, on my profile.
    Night night my dear friends. Kept to my calorie allowance as I did a lot of walking.
    Heather UK