LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn ...I've made biscuits in my electric skillet using regular recipe. Preheat the skillet at 450 with lid on, put biscuits in a pan on a bake rack in the skillet, [quickly !] add the lid & bake 15 - 20 minutes, til done. Don't know if electric skillet is among your travel equipment.
    Have a safe & fun cross country adventure.
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: »

Now my skillet meals, well I have experimenting I think I can pull them off. We just need to plan small trips to local grocery stores to pick up the protein of choice and fresh veggies. Very doable.

This web site has great, easy skillet meals: https://downshiftology.com/

I promise I have no connection to this site other than discovering some good recipes.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy your comment is spot on. That is me, in my +60's in a two-piece making fun of the thirtysome year olds on the beach with band aides for bathing suits. It is entertaining. Feel better soon.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    February accountability: 14 days AF
    Alcohol: 14 days (26 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 2
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

2/1 - AF; Orange La Croix Sparkling Water; DH had bourbon & coke but I passed
    2/2 - AF; DH too
    2/3 - 2 drinks; bourbon & Diet Coke
    2/4 - 2 wine; small glasses DH & I got 6 glasses out of the bottle
    2/5 - 1 wine; 1 bottle 4 people :)

2/6 - 1 wine; gumbo & wine dinner with our daughter’s while her husband was out of town
    2/7 - 2 wine; Central Market Cooking School Sauteing and French Pan Sauces with 1 glass of white and red wine each.
    2/8 - AF; DH wanted to go out and buy wine for dinner. I asked that we not and hold off on buying wine until Friday so I could have another couple of AF evenings. So he had bourbon & sprite while I drank Betty Buzz Sparkling Grapefruit
    2/9 - 2 wine
    2/10 - 1 drink; Blackberry Creme de Mure Liqueur with club soda
    2/11 - 1 wine; hard to pass up an open bottle of wine at my daughter’s
    2/12 - AF; Super Bowl and the wine, beer & mixed drinks were flowing at my house. I enjoyed Fever Tree Blood Orange Ginger Beer with a lime slice in a pretty glass and skipped the vodka.

2/13 - 2 wine
    2/14 - AF; DH too. I relied on my Betty Buzz with a squeeze of lime.
    2/15 - AF @ 📚; DH too
    2/16 - AF; DH too
    2/17 - AF; long 5 hr drive at night to my mom’s
    2/18 - 2 Gin & Tonic; poured 11 bottles of old bad wine down the drain and ditched the bottles without 1 glass of wine.
    2/19 - 3 drinks ; 2 Gin & Tonic + 1 wine

2/20 - AF @ 📚
    2/21 - AF; DH too; Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday
    2/22 - AF; Fever Tree Lime & Yuzu. DH AF too. Ash Wednesday
    2/23 - 2 wine; Dining out with DH & friends
    2/24 - AF; DH too;
    2/25 - 2 drinks; 1 mimosa + 1 wine … both small. Granddaughter’s baptism reception brunch. Skipped drinks in the evening.
    2/26 - 3 wine ; dinner at my sister’s home

2/27 - AF
    2/28 - AF

Didn't join DH in the bourbon & coke and instead opted for Betty Buzz again both Monday & Tuesday night to help my overall totals!
    Now on to March ... and lots of distractions that could be challenging but I've got my plan.

Ya'll are all doing GREAT in my book!

@Stockholm_Andy ... it is not a bad month if you record even a few days of less alcohol!

Hope everyone will check in with us again in March!!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @MissMay Great job on your AF days that includes the Vegas trip! And oh yeah! Tortilla chips ....