LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @itladyee I like the Reframe app, I like the countdown and the daily insights but I’m not sure I’m willing to pay for it. I have a decent amount of paid monthly subscriptions and a lot of what the Reframe app has, I can find right here. I’m just not sure yet 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @ahoy_m8
    I admire the way that you stay AF M-Th ... always!
    Lol, chipping ice off of pavement relieves all of my stress. Perhaps I have a better specific shovel for just that.
    Glad that you got to have a nice massage on a heated table. I have never had a heated table, but it sounds like they all should be.

@RockinRobyn672
    Jerk chicken sliders? Yum!!

@joans1976
    9 degrees F = -12C. That is colder than here!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - Very good point! "I am mindful that February is a short month." Thanks for the reminder.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I’m Amanda. I live in Michigan and it is freezing and gray here but at least it’s staying light out past 5 pm now. ☀️
    I joined this lovely thread in the summer of 2022 and it has made a huge difference in my life! I’ve gone from being 25% AF to 98% AF. My last A day was Christmas Eve and my last A day before that was 10/28/22.

The people here are kind and real and smart and fun! Welcome to all newcomers!

2/1: AF
    I can’t even post here what has happened with work, for one it is too long and for another it’s too infuriating. I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

I downloaded one of the apps @missmay has in her recommendations at the beginning of the month. It’s called “Reframe.” So far it’s telling me about the psychology of alcohol but letting me put in my “why” and AF streak. There is a forum too. I tread lightly there as I have pretty high standards for my LA friends 🙃 I’m using a 7 day free trial now.
    39 days AF

2/2: A 2
    Ugh. Such bad decisions last night! I had 2 vodka drinks but they were pretty stiff and I feel like total garbage this morning. I am so, so, so disappointed in myself but I also know that this doesn’t mean I will start drinking daily again. This hangover is too atrocious. Yuck. I’m off to hydrate and find something for my rolling stomach.

2/3: AF
    Feeling bad I will have to start my AF streak over but I can otherwise look at it as only having 3 A days in a 4 month period, which is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. And oh how I paid for that short lived little buzz yesterday! I got my Covid vaccine and went to the doctor with a very sick stomach and the sweats. No bueno. It was a balmy 9 degrees F here yesterday so errands were fun.

Hopefully a quiet weekend inside with some self care!

2/4: AF
    It’s amazing to me how long it takes to feel better after drinking when you do it after not doing it for awhile. My weight was up, I felt bloated and just…No. Besides the psychological effects.
    It’s a balmy 34 degrees F here today so I think I’ll go jump in the lake…