WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Allie take care of yourself! Hope you feel healthy soon.

Machka I measure by volume almost everything I eat. But I can pay more attention to accuracy. I think I've been putting a bigger spoonful of honey in my tea, drinking more tea, and then getting sugar cravings and going after chocolate. I will have to watch that. Thanks!

Michele and Lanette for protein I eat eggs and lactose-free yogurt and tilapia and chicken breast, and I put protein powder in my oatmeal. I eat beef on Sunday, but lately I had leftover beef into the week.

The protein powder is technically ultra processed, extracted from peas. But I eat it anyway. I think the additives are worse than the processing, and this doesn't have many additives.

It's a cold sunny day here. Laundry is today's chore, entirely indoors. Then dumbbells tonight.

Have a great day ladies!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Allie take care of yourself! Hope you feel healthy soon.

Machka I measure by volume almost everything I eat. But I can pay more attention to accuracy. I think I've been putting a bigger spoonful of honey in my tea, drinking more tea, and then getting sugar cravings and going after chocolate. I will have to watch that. Thanks!

Michele and Lanette for protein I eat eggs and lactose-free yogurt and tilapia and chicken breast, and I put protein powder in my oatmeal. I eat beef on Sunday, but lately I had leftover beef into the week.

The protein powder is technically ultra processed, extracted from peas. But I eat it anyway. I think the additives are worse than the processing, and this doesn't have many additives.

It's a cold sunny day here. Laundry is today's chore, entirely indoors. Then dumbbells tonight.

Have a great day ladies!

Annie in Delaware

Do you have a food scale?

It's quite enlightening!

It's also a bit disheartening when we realise just how small portions really are once they are weighed.

And yes, chocolate calories add up very quickly!

M in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    🌺💙😍🌈♥
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) On the topic of a small moment that can change your life. In 2004 when we moved to Washington we stayed with friends for awhile until our house was ready. My friend and I got up every morning and drank coffee and ate breakfast and read the paper at the dining room table. We were very sedentary. One morning I saw a small article in the paper about a beginning line dance class and asked my friend if she would like to go. She wasn't interested so I went without her. I loved it so much that I decided to go every week and I practiced steps at home to music on the radio. That grew into weekly, then twice weekly, then thrice weekly, then performances, and ultimately teaching. Even now when Jake and I have restricted ourselves to staying out of groups, I dance with my dog walking friend for over an hour every Friday in our "hobby room".

Heather, that photo of your family's remodeling project makes me grateful once again that we don't have the money to make changes to our house.

:) I am also grateful for the simplicity of our meals that make cooking, shopping, clean-up, and planning easy and fast.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate the morning sun.
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more compassionate when talking to him about the dogs.
    `
    #3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done! My pups, my coffee cup, and our alien poster!
    w519oub42cjm.jpeg
    y9ncpu3ybewy.jpeg
    r2vgknf3g2mp.jpeg
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important.

Walked 2.5 miles then went to PO, dropped papers off at Therapist, went to shops looking for pipe filters for DH (he was with me this time and driving), stopped and looked around at several places with this. One smoke shop was in a little mall we didn’t know was there with some really cool little shops. Next went to Sam’s, had lunch, then Walmart, and finally to Walgreens to pick some meds. All told walked 11,264 steps yesterday! One good thing about Sam’s and Walmart: they are huge and lots of walking to get what we need. We usually shop for a month on our payday, that is what we were doing. Too much money at once, but we won’t starve!

RVRita in sunny NM
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, Allie, I remember all the grands used to LOVE helping me "clean". They all had their own supplies.

Prayers for Destiny.

Kylia, you make me yearn for the girls dancing days. I really miss going to recitals. Those bears are DARLING! Happy Birthday!

Pip, I love the new slipcovers! Perfect choice. New booties and jacket are darling. Glad she's tolerating them well.

OMG Tracey... I'm so sorry. Does this daughter and granddaugher really not realize that Mom can't afford to continue to pay for this house? Are they really that blind and selfish? I'm truly sorry to be that blunt.

Tough week for Mom this week. She fell three times and been transported to the hospital all three times. Cat and MRI all clean, but she's weak and hallucinating and falling deeper into demenia. She still knows who we are, but she needs a lot more help. We're meeting with her care team next week to start more palliative care to get medicare involved and just more people on her team. She's not at end-of-life, by any means. She's "healthy as a horse", so to speak. Her mom lived until she was 99 and Mom is 93.

3-Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness... didn't have time as I was at the hospital (will have to make up for it this weekend)
    4-Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy and share with a friend... will try to do this today
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well slept some more.. and I can breath,I don't have the hacky cough..but there is some junk down in the lungs..
    Im going to see if I can hold off and just go see my regular Dr monday instead of urgent care.. have a headache too.took some tylenol for that.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: 😂🤣😂🤣😂 You gave me such a laugh this morning with your 2 personas.

Intentions for tomorrow:
    ♦️Local shops am
    ♦️outing with DYD after lunch to replace ancient iPad.
    ♦️Set up new iPad
    ♦️general chores
    ♦️solid habits

Taking care of yourself
    does not mean ‘Me first’
    It means
    ME TOO!!!

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them, especially those in unsatisfying relationships. It can be so wearing.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Yay! I love to make people laugh and smile.😁🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Noted two things. 2am cocoa and cookies with Joe=wt gain. BP before tea=lower BP.
    Thought I was caught up with filing. PO Box was FULL and found another pile of papers. :P Done but not dusted ;)
    Feb 4 take pics of 3 happy making things and send to a friend. These aren’t new but make me happy.
    g2zcfnizvgig.jpeg
    g569ucoo1gqj.jpg
    3h0qxj6rucmj.jpg

Heather ((hugs)) to Johnny, held extra long. Would you tell us more about Edie’s card with cellophane pocket for glitter? Can’t wait to see you up on the paddleboard.
    Pip :love: the slip covers!
    Rebecca you looked way glam in the first pic, but the second pic made me choke on my tea.
    Welcome @dmdeubel24. Everyone is motivated by different events. IMHO the best choice is to start now, wherever you are, and when you slip, start again NOW.
    Rosemarie thanks for checking in. My thoughts are with you.
    Tracey what a mess. Sounds like your FIL got scammed by some reverse-mortgage heist and now your MIL is stuck with the bills. Sorry there seems to be no legal recourse to recoup the $$. Would a sit down with a neutral party help MIL, her daughter and grand see reality? Are there free or low cost credit counseling organizations nearby? The sooner she sees the truth, the better. Good for you for finding the highlights in this sad and difficult journey.
    Lisa what you said about that first sip of tea in the morning.
    Annie I used to measure by volume, until I got my food scale. The first time I compared the volume of a tablespoon with its weight, I was shocked. A tablespoon of hummus is supposed to weigh 14 g, it tipped the scale at almost 30g.
    Machka “It's also a bit disheartening when we realise just how small portions really are once they are weighed.” So very very true.
    Barbie loved hearing the story of you’re your line dancing began. :love:
    Carla so sorry to hear it. Trust she’s been checked for UTI?
    Where does the time go? Whoosh!
    02/3: Move: 2 sets PT, Jeopardy walking. active mins:407 steps:7686
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+6+4 =arugula, beans-kidney, beets, carrots, celery, cranberries, cucumber, jalapenos, olives-green, potato chips, potatoes-russet, radishes, romaine, scallions, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat (English muffin). CI<CO=255
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ‘nother load laundry, post office, gas, Freddie’s. Wt: 135.8
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

No choking on tea now!!! Bwahaha!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Yes, Carla, I was going to say the same as Barbara. Important to check for UTI. My mother was having the most extraordinary hallucinations. I only clocked it because I had seen it on the TV show ER. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Edie made this picture of DH with my photo app, Polish. :p<3:p
    eqol1v5nmswg.jpg

Bwahaha, too cute! He looks like a sad clown with a pot belly!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa