WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    We are watching the old series, Wonder woman. Husband is yelling funny comments to the actors. I am rolling my eyes...🙄😂.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Well it has been a lollygagging afternoon for me,but im guessing my body needs it..going to watch a little T.V. then probably go back to sleep.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    I ate 1094 calories today with 83g of protein. Yay! I had more tea with honey than yesterday and I counted the honey in my oatmeal.

Quiet day here. I read one of my mom's books by Susan Wiggs. Very sad and sentimental, but with the requisite romantic happy ending.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    No work tomorrow so the plan is to do Jari Love Get Ripped to the Core DVD.

I’ve been coughing – a dry cough. When I brought up the Christmas items from downstairs, I was literally wheezing. I’m wondering if it’s exercise induced asthma or perhaps cold-related. It’s supposed to get warmer next week so I’m going to see what happens. Also, when we go to FL that’ll be a good test (just hope it’s not cold down there)

Kylia – sounds like you had a wonderful birthday dinner. So happy for you

Heather – Edie and BOYS???? When did this happen? I remember when she was born. And I’m not that old…..yet

Anne DE – what kind of protein powder do you use? Use Nature’s Plus Spiru-Tein

How I wish Vince would eat even something a little different. He wants things PLAIN, no spices at all. And I want things with a little bit of flavor. He likes the same thing over and over. I want variety

Just finished putting the last of the Christmas decorations in the garage.

Rita – the only thing I don’t like about buying at Sam’s is that you need to buy such BIG packages. They do have good meat, tho.

Carla – I’m so sorry for you mom and you

Allie – sending virtual chicken soup

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Annie I used to measure by volume, until I got my food scale. The first time I compared the volume of a tablespoon with its weight, I was shocked. A tablespoon of hummus is supposed to weigh 14 g, it tipped the scale at almost 30g.
    Machka “It's also a bit disheartening when we realise just how small portions really are once they are weighed.” So very very true.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Breakfast cereal is another one. When I think of a serving of breakfast cereal, I think that it will mostly fill our small bowls at least.

Nope ... 45 grams of breakfast cereal (1 serving), is a small and disappointing dusting of cereal at the bottom of the bowl.

Here's a visual on 100 calories of nuts.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/a-visual-guide-to-100-calories-of-nuts-snack-tips-from-the-kitchn-201778

Here's another one ... what 100 calories of various fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, meat, cheese, bread, etc. looks like.
    https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1987

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Slept some more,and will go back to sleep..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    I did thirty reps of my dumbbells! Yay!

I was surprised at how small a 100 calorie serving of chicken breast is. I much prefer the 100 calories of tilapia, but the general advice is to only eat tilapia twice a week because of mercury.

My oatmeal and mango smoothie recipes I measure with a measuring cup every time. Except for the blueberries, now that I think about it. Hmmm. There's always some little way that extra calories creep in.

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Vince talked about breaking down these boxes for recycling, but I asked him not to since when we got back from FL I wanted to sell his mother’s china. Well, he isn’t happy about selling her china, but I told him that this may be a start to getting my pandemic money and he just didn’t say anything. I suspect he knows I’m owed it.

Night everyone.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Vince talked about breaking down these boxes for recycling, but I asked him not to since when we got back from FL I wanted to sell his mother’s china. Well, he isn’t happy about selling her china, but I told him that this may be a start to getting my pandemic money and he just didn’t say anything. I suspect he knows I’m owed it.

Night everyone.

Michele NC

While I would never sell my husband's things in general, I really don't think I'd bother with china. China prices and china desirability have dropped off so much that it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to sell it.

My mother offered me her china ... but I've already got my set and my grandmother's set which I never use and have thought about selling. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    I've always been quite good at portion sizes, having belonged to a 'Slimming World' club for years and being put forward for Slimmer of the Year! Macadamia nuts are a bit of a surprise! I used to weigh everything; volumes are very deceptive. The US cup system is often way off. I have a scale out on the counter. I still think in ounces, though our official system is grams. We mostly think in both. :D

Kim - Hooray for 'scratch' baking! :D I don't know anyone in the UK who makes stuff from packets. It's so easy to make your own. You can find mixes on the shelves, but I can’t imagine why. :D

Thinking of a run thus morning. The palm tree fronds are gently wiggling, but I think it's OK. Blue sky!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx