WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Allie-Adult RSV is also going around. A friend was pretty sick with it for 2-3 weeks. I think with all of the different ailments we are better served to check with doctor-especially if we have other issues. And Bethis correct-results change quickly.

Kylia-that sounds like a good deal on jewelry.

Kim-I agree your weekend sounds exhausting. I think it was very nice of you to take your mom to see friend. I believe my mom held on at the end until she heard from certain people. Even though she was getting non-responsive, there was a change in her demeanor when her longest term friend called her on the phone and when her sister arrived.

Scales-I weigh most everything in grams. It really made a difference for me. Of course, just starting on using any sort of actual measurement was good.

Noticed this am I am down about 5 lbs from New Year's. Think smoking gain is coming off-maybe metabolism readjusting? Whatever the reason-I will take it. I am at healthy BMI etc (the new method you all were talking about likes where I am. Think it was 25.2 this am. I think when it moves closer to 23 I may be a bit too lean.

Spent most of weekend doing stuff for work-figuring out/cleaning up other people's messes. I was able to get walk in each day and talk with a couple of family members.

Off to get stretches in. Very busy day today.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Welcome LaLa - I think most of us have found that actually measuring our food (weighing seems the most true) logging it adding exercise - both formally and just adding walking/moving into our days is what helps the most to getting weight to go down.

Kim in N. California
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    lalapitts wrote: »
    Hello! This is my first time visiting the site, and posting. In other words, I'm just getting started. My oldest son is getting married in May and I need to drop a few (okay SEVERAL) pounds before then (cliché, I know, but here we are). My current weight struggles started with menopause, so if anyone has any tips on how to tackle things post-menopause, I am all ears as nothing that used to work seems to work now. I did start a Pilates journey three months ago which has helped tremendously with my overall health and well-being (stiffness, sleep issues, even hot flashes-yay!). It's just not helping much with the weight loss. Hope that's not too much to share :)

Starting goals:

1000-1,200 calories/day (40% protein, 25% carbs, 35% fat)
    Pilates 4/week
    Steps 8,000-10,000/day (walk, row or elliptical)
    Water 10 8 oz. glasses/day

Have a great day!!

LaLa in Texas

Welcome. This is exactly my problem. Just cannot drop an ounce. I have the same macro goals too. Good luck and please share if anything works. I've exhausted my list of ideas.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Pg. 13 read. Going to Lubbock today for my haunted radio, 2.5 hr. Drive. Catch up later.

Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate My Fitness Pal
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more compassionate when talking to him about the dogs.

#3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done!
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important. Will do today.
    #6 Start a conversation with someone new. I do this every day with the campers!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Well my Sunday eating was about 300 calories over. Eating a steak dinner at lunch with my parents just doesn't work for me. I eat my portion too fast and end up staring at the leftovers for thirty minutes while my parents finish, during which my mother pushes meat and potatoes at me repeatedly. Then we all have ice cream, although mine is non-dairy. That uses up my calories and more, but then I get hungry again at night.

Maybe I should plan something else for me to chew on. Lettuce is problematic because my dad
    wants to eat it and can't. Celery or carrot sticks are classics. Broccoli might be filling enough. Or maybe cabbage. Hmm.

I also have a plan to cook less meat and freeze some of it. It seems to come packaged in four portions, and I usually eat two, plus half of my mom's. But I could freeze some of it before it even gets to the table.

I think that my body's mechanism for feeling full is just broken.

Well, we shall see if I remember to do this next weekend.

Annie in Delaware

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed All Creatures Great and Small last night. Love the way they are flushing out the nuisances of the characters.

I also enjoyed watching Sammy Davis Jr.'s biography. Besides being such an amazing talent I learned how much he influenced the Civil Rights movement.

The book I am enjoying now is The Road to Character by David Brooks. The first person he goes into depth was a woman by the name of Francis Perkins. A model of a woman who had an extremely difficult private life yet was able to illicit so much change by living a life working towards the greater good. The theme of the book is not what life gives to us rather what we give to life sometimes at great personal cost to ourselves. One of the many things I found interesting was how she used silence as a way to help her find and keep her center.

:heart: Margaret

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Awww Debbie- negative energy doesn't help with any of that.. im so sorry..
    Feel better
    Im feeling much better.. my voice is just a few octaves lower than normal.