WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Going to Walmart today. I have a long list. Alondrate is at the top of the list. Bone density meds are important for those of us who need it. Vitamins are right up there, too. 😊.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im here with Miles,he isn't 100% but no fever...he is napping.
    Will go get Homer out afterwards..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    💐💙🥀🌺💜💞

Carol in Georgia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Kylia, too funny! I hope your colonoscopy goes smoothly and without much fuss. I fasted the day before, so I wouldn't have much (stuff) to deal with. The main thing I always have is that green tin "bag balm" to apply as you are dealing. It is a skin saver. I apply as a "barrier". The only issue I had was " starting" my plumbing. It was 4 days, and I was panicked! Next time I will take something to ease into things!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Lord,that was hilarious.

KJ - Your high school QB, too! B) Sorry about the man cold, it's much harder than having one ourselves.

Machka
    - You look serene and relaxed in the sunshine... Your dry stream is really looking good.

Rori -
    Mars also looks serene and relaxed in the sunshine.

Allie - Glad you're feeling better, dear heart.

Annie - Thank you, what a nice thing to say.

Jewelry - Had to take my wedding ring off, as well as my ruby ring, because my fingers have skinnied down to the point where I'm afraid I'll lose them. Tried ring sizers, but they are uncomfortable and weird feeling. I don't ever wear necklaces, as they make me feel as if I'm choking. I did wear ear studs, but between having to wear a mask and glasses, as well as a phone earpiece most of the time, I kept yanking them around, so I quit wearing those, too. Now that I don't have to wear a mask, I will wear earrings occasionally when I leave the house, but I seldom remember to go find a pair before I'm out the door.

I have to admit - I do love being past 60 and not giving a flip what people think of me, whether it's jewelry, makeup (I don't wear any), or perfume (don't wear that anymore, either). What's funny of course, is that others never really did care about me. Most are too worried about what people are thinking about them to think of me.

Humans are weird.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I am like you with makeup. When I was in my twenties I used to combine Oil of Olay with my shade of makeup and it seemed easier to stand. It still made me feel claustrophobic though. It wasn't really makeup it was just lotion, I kept thinking. Then I just thought, why am I doing this? Lee asks why I have makeup on when I put Clap stick on my lips, so that's funny. I do wear earrings but they are a light gold small hoop that snaps closed in the back (my eldest sister gave me them) and I will never take them off. Sometimes I switch into another set, but only for special occasions. My ring fits because I was slim when I got married. Its been only since 2018 that I wear it again after many years not fitting on my finger.👍🏻💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Need help with my "Listening..." homework. Would anyone share an example of when they really just needed to be heard, but others talked over them or snowed them with advice.?

Thanks!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Just live a day with me! I am constantly being talked over. It's one of the main reasons I like communicating through the written word rather than talking and will often send an email first before attempting to speak to someone.

If I really want to say something, I will just keep talking even though I am being talked over and I will do it slightly louder.

Otherwise I will stop talking and roll my eyes and the moment they take a breath, I'll say, "As I was saying ..."

M in Oz

Machka I am like you with talking. I prefer email or text, or writing rather than talking. It seems I can get my point across better. DH is a talker (part of his dementia) and I have to yell to get a word in, or when talking to a couple, I will approach and talk to the non-speaking spouse.

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

I will have to catch up with everyone else a bit later. Kiddos arriving. DH is sick now with the crud that I had a couple of weeks ago. I am keeping him at arms length (further if I can). It is funny how, my life went on through the crud; but his life stops completely when he has it and he expects mine to, as well. The man-cold. :|

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Same thing going on here, except mine is a little worse because of my asthma so have to do the nebulizer treatments to try to keep it from getting worse. Not once has he asked how I am feeling, just walks in complaining about his mom, work, and this morning, the neighbor because we are having issues with parking(if they pulled up just another foot, which they do have the room, we can both park there but yesterday they parked in the middle again so he parked and blocked our driveway where the other car was parked). We have left nice notes and they moved before, I put a nice note last night after he demanded I do and the wife came at him as soon as he was getting out of the car after working all night- they got into a yelling match or something. Saying something about we can only park to our property line. It is just a common courtesy we are asking for. Not telling them they cant park in front of their house. NOT the way I wanted to start my day after waking up coughing like crazy and wheezing an hour and a half before I wanted to wake up.

Need to get dressed so I can pick him up from the tire repair place- getting his car fixed after hitting the huge pothole. Hopefully there isn't too much damage to anything other than the tire. But, he said he can't replace just that tire, has to do both front ones, even though the other one is not damaged and not that old.

Not walking today I don't think. Not feeling it. Will do a nebulizer treatment and take more meds before getting Ezie from school.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Kylia - Lord,that was hilarious.

[

Jewelry - Had to take my wedding ring off, as well as my ruby ring, because my fingers have skinnied down to the point where I'm afraid I'll lose them. Tried ring sizers, but they are uncomfortable and weird feeling. I don't ever wear necklaces, as they make me feel as if I'm choking. I did wear ear studs, but between having to wear a mask and glasses, as well as a phone earpiece most of the time, I kept yanking them around, so I quit wearing those, too. Now that I don't have to wear a mask, I will wear earrings occasionally when I leave the house, but I seldom remember to go find a pair before I'm out the door.

I have to admit - I do love being past 60 and not giving a flip what people think of me, whether it's jewelry, makeup (I don't wear any), or perfume (don't wear that anymore, either). What's funny of course, is that others never really did care about me. Most are too worried about what people are thinking about them to think of me.

Humans are weird.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I use the plastic ring sizer on my first wedding ring so it fits my pinky. The ring is a size 4 I think, maybe 3 1/2 so was close to pinky size already(sure doesn't fit my ring finger anymore). It took a little getting used to but now works great.
    I use this one.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Invisible-Adjuster-Sizes-Packs-Silicone/dp/B08YK7VRYS/ref=sr_1_13?crid=204ILCLKN4FKA&keywords=ring+sizer+adjuster+for+loose+rings&qid=1675791900&refinements=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sprefix=ring+sizer,aps,270&sr=8-13

It is easy to put on, you just cut a piece and wrap it around. I need to redo mine again as it has discolored

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Debbie ~ I'm sure you have thought of this, but, could all those cats be contributing to your asthma?

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    For those who question my ‘haunted radio’, (Barbie), the radio would change radio stations randomly, go to scan and not stop, change screen display randomly (it is a touch screen) and if my phone was attached would randomly dial people and call. Called my daughter 6 times one day! Turns out it is a known problem with 2018 Subaru Outback’s with the type of radio I have, so the company extended the warranty on them instead of recall. I need to drive the 150 miles back to get it replaced, but other than gas and what we spend on lunch, it won’t cost us anything.

RVRita
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Thank you, I'll add those to my next Amazon order. The last ones I bought are plastic and sharp around the edges, so I had to file that part, and they still were uncomfortable. As silicone, your suggestion should be softer, as well as more adjustable. I miss wearing my rings!
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Debbie))) Lots of hugs for you and your family!

Carla & Beth ~ Sorry to hear about both your mom's.

Beging Talked Over ~ That is such a thing around my home. Both DH and Son do that to me. We both have to yell at son in order to get a word in. DH does it because he doesn't want to hear any suggestions.

Carol in GA

sounds like my dh- no suggestions at all. If I don't agree with him, I am wrong.
    If I try and talk, he doesn't listen and changes the subject to something revolving around him.
    He even says when I say, I told you that, oh, I wasn't listening.

Aren’t all men like that??

I don't know if mine is just getting a lot worse or if after all these years, I am just seeing it more.
    All I know is it getting more irritating to me. One of these days I won't hold my tongue and boy will he get an ear full.