WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Picked up Bea from school. Oh my, what a power she is! So much energy, creativity, invention, etc.
    She was trying to work DH'S computer art thing. Made a good start, though she shouted for DH a few times. It has been such a good lesson for me, seeing how children approach learning new things. I am encouraged to make messes! :p
    My son came to pick her up for swimming. He seemed knackered! We are having all of them on Thursday as the parents have to go to a parents evening for the girls. My DDIL asked if we could keep them until 8 pm so they could go out for a quick meal together. They hardly see each other as life is so busy. I said yes, of course.
    I'm going to buy some gluten free pasta for Edie for Thursday. She loves making salad dressing for a salad! :p

Going to watch our recorded Vera tonight. Then I will retire upstairs to watch a decluttering programme.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Miles slept from 8:15 until 11:30 poor little guy.. all stuffed up and miserable and all he wants is mommy.
    Grandma's a good substitute..
    Got Homer outside,came home and I had ordered Tracy a new pair of sneakers for her Birthday and they came ,so I popped back down and brought them to her..
    Her favorite color is lavender, so got her lavender colored sneakers..dont know if you have ever heard of the brand Kizik,but they are step in sneakers and super comfortable.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Just like complaining can be a more familiar default than gratitude or appreciation, it is often more familiar to make the case for the shortcomings of others rather than their strengths
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Debbie ~ I'm sure you have thought of this, but, could all those cats be contributing to your asthma?

Carol in GA

I have certain triggers with my asthma- cold(cold air or when I get a cold), stress and smoke.
    The cats are around me year round and for the most part, winter is the only time I have a real problem with my asthma. This is the third winter in a row where I got sick and the asthma kicked in and I couldn't get it under control for too long.

Lisa and Vicki- I hope those work for you. It took a couple tries to get it right and I did have to trim a bit of the edge the first time but now it works great. One pack will last a long time. I just use 6 times around for my pinky ring.

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I am so jealous! That's a great price on Dungeness, my favorite crab. <3 Are you just going to serve the meat? Make crab Louis? Salad? Crab cakes? Our Safeway ad comes out tomorrow. If I see them I'll have to make a run to town and splurge.

Lanette
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I ate 1106 calories today, with 85 grams of protein. Yay!

Well I am eating back six calories of my exercise calories, but that's no big deal. Next time I will add flavor to my chicken with spices instead of the smidgen of barbecue sauce. That had more calories than I expected.

Dumbbells tonight!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Debbie - I am so jealous! That's a great price on Dungeness, my favorite crab. <3 Are you just going to serve the meat? Make crab Louis? Salad? Crab cakes? Our Safeway ad comes out tomorrow. If I see them I'll have to make a run to town and splurge.

Lanette

I don't know if you have the same ad as we do. This one ends today. I was going to get them earlier but was at my mom's. Check and see if it is the same up there. Worth a run over to get them.
    I will make some cocktail sauce and also having dh pick up a salad. May make pasta with butter/garlic and add crab to it.
    5 people will be eating it, I think(sadly, only one person cleaning/cracking/shelling though )
    This is my favorite and never seen it this low. Was happy when we got it at Costco a few weeks ago for $5.99 a pound.

If it is your ad today, be sure to download the digital coupon. Just using your card isn't enough.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Debbie))) Lots of hugs for you and your family!

Carla & Beth ~ Sorry to hear about both your mom's.

Beging Talked Over ~ That is such a thing around my home. Both DH and Son do that to me. We both have to yell at son in order to get a word in. DH does it because he doesn't want to hear any suggestions.

Carol in GA

sounds like my dh- no suggestions at all. If I don't agree with him, I am wrong.
    If I try and talk, he doesn't listen and changes the subject to something revolving around him.
    He even says when I say, I told you that, oh, I wasn't listening.

Aren’t all men like that??

Nope, they’re not
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 2hrs 3min, 54elev, 2.92ap, 99ahr, 119mhr, 6.14mi= 600c
    Strava app= 752c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 33.44min, 98aw, 174elev, 17.9amph, 127ahr, 158mhr, 10.06mi= 333c
    Strava app= 188c
    Zwift stats- 33.45min, 177elev, 94aw, 60arpm, 17.96amph, 10.1mi= 188c

Total cal 933

* Lucy walked all 6 miles, no boots, didn’t take stroller, no bleeding.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Debbie do you remember the story of Henny Penny?
    I say if they want crab ,they can help crack crab... lol
    Kylia- your story and Kellys were both a hoot,when my daughter was born ,the covering Dr graduated high school with my husband.. here i am in pain and there chatting away lol..
    Found out years later he packed up all his files and dropped them off at another Drs practice and that was that.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Lord,that was hilarious.

KJ - Your high school QB, too! B) Sorry about the man cold, it's much harder than having one ourselves.

Machka
    - You look serene and relaxed in the sunshine... Your dry stream is really looking good.

Rori -
    Mars also looks serene and relaxed in the sunshine.

Allie - Glad you're feeling better, dear heart.

Annie - Thank you, what a nice thing to say.

Jewelry - Had to take my wedding ring off, as well as my ruby ring, because my fingers have skinnied down to the point where I'm afraid I'll lose them. Tried ring sizers, but they are uncomfortable and weird feeling. I don't ever wear necklaces, as they make me feel as if I'm choking. I did wear ear studs, but between having to wear a mask and glasses, as well as a phone earpiece most of the time, I kept yanking them around, so I quit wearing those, too. Now that I don't have to wear a mask, I will wear earrings occasionally when I leave the house, but I seldom remember to go find a pair before I'm out the door.

I have to admit - I do love being past 60 and not giving a flip what people think of me, whether it's jewelry, makeup (I don't wear any), or perfume (don't wear that anymore, either). What's funny of course, is that others never really did care about me. Most are too worried about what people are thinking about them to think of me.

Humans are weird.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Does anyone wear perfume anymore?

It's banned in most workplaces, I think, and strongly discouraged in public transportation.

It's so rare that I smell it on anyone.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I don't wear jewelry except for holidays and dates. I never wear perfume because I went through a time when I was allergic.

Mary hope you get back in okay!

Pip Yay for Lucy not bleeding!

Annie in Delaware