Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie - I am so jealous! That's a great price on Dungeness, my favorite crab. <3 Are you just going to serve the meat? Make crab Louis? Salad? Crab cakes? Our Safeway ad comes out tomorrow. If I see them I'll have to make a run to town and splurge.

Lanette

I just got the ad that starts tomorrow- the digital coupons for this coming week are $1.88 for ground beef and buy 1 get 2 free avocado
    A few other good deals. Will be putting them in my "cart"/on my card in the morning(can't do it until after midnight as they start tomorrow)

Debbie - the online Safeway ad comes out for me after midnight tonight. Will be interesting to see what the specials are. I always go through the online coupons and click on those, then go through the printed ad circular to see what else is out there. I'm still getting a good deal on avocadoes at Walmart, 78 cents each. They were up to $1.08 each last fall so I'm glad to see at least one item reducing in price.

Hope your DH's car tires situation got fixed and there's no more damage. Boy, stolen truck and DH's car. The vehicle gods were having a hissy fit with your household!

Are you all done with tooth repair and skin cancer surgery?

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Was the crab in your ad(the one that ends tonight?)

Go tomorrow for I think my last dental appointment to get the permanent crowns put in and finish patching the other tooth.

No more appointments for the melanoma- will go for six month body scan(for the next five years)

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Debbie – I love getting a good bargain. A while back Food Lion had lump crab on sale BOGO, so each container, instead of costing like $16, cost only $8. That was a price I could live with. What a great price you got!

Michele NC

Depending on the size of the container, that would be a good price. For it already cleaned/cracked and shelled. How does that taste compared to the Dungenous though??

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.
    I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

Put myself in someone else's shoes --- I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Watch a movie that reminds me of kindness --- probably not tonight!

C is for Climbing and walking on Collins St!

Take a picture of three things that make you happy --

aocs3725u6ly.png
    42vpz698ig8s.png
    qaqbrf33a1dz.png

D is for exercising Downstairs!
    Rowing - 16 minutes
    Walking - 38 minutes
    Weights - 10 minutes

Be kind to yourself -- Sleep, gardening and cycling! :)

E is for Exercising!
    Plus we cycled on Endeavour Ave and the Esplanade. :)

Start a conversation with someone new --- I'm not the sort to strike up random conversations, or conversations at all. But I did chat with a person I met recently and one I haven't seen in a few months today.

And ... F!
    mcuvbtguykqt.png

Consider a current struggle. Write down two thoughts that bring you comfort.

Hmmm ... A current struggle, like only one? Let's go with waiting. I feel like I spend most of my life waiting.

wrt353eh66bk.png
    x3f3p2wdopwq.png
    9g49r21ubbnn.png

And a walk to the botanical Gardens through the rose Garden!
    jrhi6g59mua4.png

Consider and celebrate diversity! Does that include people who look at things completely differently than you do? If so ... woohoo! I've had that opportunity today!

H is for Hobart - walking around. And Hanging clothes outside.

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Unusually busy day today! Actually going out and mixing with the world! :o:p
    I have an MDMD meeting this afternoon in the Friends Meeting House in The Lanes. I've not been inside before, but it is a lovely old Georgian building with a garden in front. After the Meeting, I will have a little free time to wander , or have a coffee. Maybe some of the others, of whom I have only met a few, will want to go for a beer. No idea, as it's my first full meeting. I need to allow about 15 minutes to stroll along to the fish restaurant on the seafront, where DH is meeting me for early dinner. <3:D
    After that we are going to make our first joint visit to the French Circle since the pandemic! I've been to a couple of get-togethers in the park, but not DH. The lecture is on France in the last 15 years of the 19th century. La Belle Epoque. :D
    They usually have handouts and slides to help with comprehension. DH can understand written French, but is not as good at listening, and he is nervous of speaking.
    Looking forward to it.

I'm very slowly writing a poem about my ex's intervention. Also I keep adding to the notes for my next book. Also still working on publicity for MEMORY BOXES. I try to do something every day.
    If those of you who have read it (and liked it!!!! :p ) could do me a review on Amazon, I would be eternally grateful. Ratings and reviews are vital to the algorithms! :p;)

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

I know Beth... that's why we probably won't do a thing about it. It's just so frustrating that they didn't find it right away.

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry that you had to sit outside for FOUR HOURS! Glad you have a heating pad and blankie.

OMGosh Michele! I watched him on Sunday with my Mom! She likes watching sports on TV. ANY kind of sports and we happened to have bowling on TV. She bowled in leagues when I was a kid too.

8-Consider and celebrate diversity today... we do every day at school
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Barbara I think I missed answering your question - can I just leave the table when I am done eating? No, in my family, with our tradition of formal Sunday dinner, it would feel rude. Thanks for thinking of me, though.

Today is yoga and aerobic marching, and a trip to the bank. And some delicate laundry. And I should probably put away the normal laundry. Maybe wash my sheets.

Have a great day, and make excellent choices on behalf of future you!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate my neighbor.
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more compassionate when talking to him about the dogs.

#3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done!
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important. Will do today.
    #6 Start a conversation with someone new. I do this every day with the campers!
    #7 Consider a current struggle. Write down 2 thoughts that give you comfort. My dog Brownie’s heart trouble. Her spells are getting worse and there is nothing the vet can do. Comforting thoughts—She lived a good life with us. She brought us many days of comfort and enjoyment with her loving attitude.
    #8. Consider and celebrate diversity today. I am a white girl living among darker Mexicans and native Americans. Campers come from around the world and love to hear the accents and learn about the different cultures i come into contact with. Do this every day!
    #9. Identify a role model who embodies perseverance. Can you find two ways to emulate them?
    #10. Check an item off your to-do list this weekend.
    #11. Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver the meal to a friend.
    #12. Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused.
    #13. Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness?
    #14. Express creativity by making art or cooking a new meal.
    #15. If you are waiting in line today, let someone get in front of you.
    #16. The next time someone does something you appreciate, be sure to let them know.
    #17. Offer a helping hand to someone, such as holding a door for a stranger.
    #18. Share about a recent book you read and what you learned.
    #19. Show sincere appreciation when someone serves you food or drink.
    #20. Complement someone today. Ideas include recognizing a great smile or earrings.
    #21. When you recognize someone is struggling, offer words of support.
    #22. Ask for help. That’s a simple way to express bravery.
    #23. Encourage your teammates to utilize their unique strengths.
    #24. Reflect on the steps you have taken to achieve your past goals.
    #25. Express gratitude today by thanking someone.
    #26. Think about the upcoming work week. How can you apply teamwork?
    #27. Send or leave a handwritten thank you note to someone.
    #28. Giving constructive feedback is one way to ignite honesty. {/spoiler]

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Just like complaining can be a more familiar default than gratitude or appreciation, it is often more familiar to make the case for the shortcomings of others rather than their strengths

This is so true. I’m working on my compassion, and seeing things from the other’s point of view. I used to be good at that, but have lost my edge due to life experiences. Talked about this with my Therapist last visit. Good habit to bring back!

RVRita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Just work then went to see about getting Vince’s pack that we had fixed so we can take it to Daytona. She had it ready. Why she didn’t call is beyond me. My phone number was right there. Well, this is the same lady who replaced a zipper that wasn’t broken. She may not be the brightest, but she does good work. Then went to Aldi. Now home and will probably take a walk in a few.

Does anyone use Ibotta? If so, how do you scan in the receipt?

Debbie – regarding the crab, I thought the taste was fine.

At BK today this one gal who I know is going to go for WLS was walking around eating a doughnut. I just shook my head.

Off to get dinner ready then take my walk.

Michele NC
  • NewGrl64
    NewGrl64 Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I look up stuff we write about and I am not familiar with all the time.

Michele your wrote WLS I had no idea! so googled it and what came up was the call letters for a chicago radio station and Warm-Laptop-Syndrome: An erection caused by an inanimate warm object. Commonly a laptop but WLS can also be caused by other objects eg. teacups. I don't think either of those are what you were thinking but I did get a giggle.... So Michele in your world what is WLS?

Kim giggling in CA

Kim, now I'm giggling in Nevada! :D P.S. Roselynn
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I look up stuff we write about and I am not familiar with all the time.

Michele your wrote WLS I had no idea! so googled it and what came up was the call letters for a chicago radio station and Warm-Laptop-Syndrome: An erection caused by an inanimate warm object. Commonly a laptop but WLS can also be caused by other objects eg. teacups. I don't think either of those are what you were thinking but I did get a giggle.... So Michele in your world what is WLS?

Kim giggling in CA

This is hilarious. I am always looking things up, too. The urban dictionary is quite enlightening.

In my diet culture mind, WLS is weight loss surgery. I would have to go back and read Michele's post again to see if that made sense in the context of what she wrote.