WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Kim – WLS – Weight Loss Surgery. <laughing>

katie – the gal who is going to have Weight Loss Surgery was the one who was walking around eating a doughnut! Should be interesting after she has the surgery. I remember a friend of mine, we went out to dinner one time and she had this tuna (with mayo) melt (cheese!) and fries on the side. Then, after the surgery we went out to eat again. This time it was “I gotta have the salmon because I need the protein”. Really, she wasn’t THAT overweight. I remember all the supplements she had to take! Probably not everyone needs all those supplements, but she did.

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Feb 8: Consider and celebrate diversity today. The diverse blessings of man and woman. Don’t understand men (and some women :> ), but grateful for their different gifts. Running out of steam on this month’s list. Not resonating or inspiring that Aha! Is it more challenging, making me think? Am I just getting lazy? ;)

Jam packed day today, line dance class, movies with T, then last minute prep for fire district board meeting. Love movie theatre popcorn but will be too embarrassed to eat it sitting next to T who is eating healthily. Thankful for (but a little resentful of) her good example. ;}
    Welcome @pmileader2 and well done on the daily hikes! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Welcome @NewGrl64 Roselyn in NV. I’m sniggering too.
    Vicki :{ When one of my clerks came to me complaining of the other’s body odor, I knew that supervising was not for me, but was stuck until another position opened up. Fortunately it relied more on my computing than people gifts :laugh:
    Wow, Annie that is a protein packed 1100 C!
    Lisa great flip to gratitude for the gray, rainy, chilly day accomplishment. What you said about the conversations on this thread and their positive impact on my thinking and life, and how valuable this space is for much needed venting.
    Mary I’m sure it wasn’t fun but the picture you paint of the mailman on the trashcan hauling the ladder over the courtyard wall is priceless! Gad your DH rescued you at last. Did you get to buy what you were so excited about?
    Beth, what you said about beams and splinters, but most especially that this thread is a safe venting place. :heart:
    Lanette avocados were up to $3/ea here last fall. Now back down to $3/2.
    Machka :heartbreak: I can never thank you enough for sharing your hard journey with your DH’s tbi. You have taught me so much. BTW if my husband looked like a cat, that would be him ;)
    Rebecca is your landlord doing the repairs himself? Please tell me he’s doing mold remediation…
    Michele, there were two zippers on the pack, and she replaced the one that wasn’t broken? SMH! Sounds funny but congratulations on your turkey ;}
    Heather French Circle AND beer with new acquaintances? Bravissima!
    Kim that WLS was a real tea-snorter.
    Kay bet you’re right ;)

Rude and crude:
    This bumper sticker stuck with me “Phase aphuxia!”

That’s enough, Barbara! Time to get up off your butt and take those poor pooches down to the powerline before the rest of the day overtakes you.
    02/7: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dancing. active mins:259 steps:7773
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+6+4+4+3+2+4 =31! Not even counting sugar or cocoa! ;) apple, artichoke, arugula, basil, beans-kidney, beets, carrots, celery, chickpea hummus, corn chips, cranberries, cucumber, jalapenos, Kashi, lettuce-iceberg, mint-tea+jelly, olives-green, peanut butter, peppers-sweet orange and red, potato chips, potatoes-russet, radishes, rice-brown, romaine, scallions, snap peas, tangerines, tea, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat-English muffin/cracked wheat sourdough. CI<CO=609
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, filing, meeting prep, check misprint call, over an hour holding to get wonderful Latrice at Social Security Wt:135.6
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I love reading all the comments from all of you ladies and am so glad to be a part of this chat! :)

My son finally got a day off and was able to visit this morning. He asked for breakfast so I made fried eggs, ham, sausage, cheese grits, and biscuits. He really enjoyed the food and we enjoyed his company.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Debbie - no crab on the Safeway ad this morning, but they do have previously frozen lobster tails $3.99 for 3 - 4 oz. Think I'll skip.

Vicki - How did your talk go with that employee? Such a tough part of the job! The manager before me had an employee (and a good one at that) who had problems with smelly "toots" and had complaints. I recall she called him in, and they went over different things he could use - Gas-X, etc. She was very kind and diplomatic, and the problem got solved.

Carla - I had to chuckle when you said you "squarshed" bananas. That's a familiar midwestern term. :D I love reading about dialects and figures of speech, pronunciation, etc. My dad always said "You'uns" when speaking about us kids, it must have been a contraction of "Young'uns". I never heard anyone else use that term.

Mary - what an adventure. Glad you were able to spend the time wisely and get a pizza! I had to stop a minute and recall where all I've hidden keys around here. Some of them require jiggling but I can get them all to work if I hold my mouth right. (Figure of speech right there!)

Michele - WLS is a Chicago radio station in my book, lol. My fave when I was a kid! :p Weight loss surgery makes sense.

I'm sprouting broccoli seeds, hope they do OK in my chilly house. I have them in the dark laundry room with no windows and it has a heater vent so should be warm enough.

Make it a super day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Just like complaining can be a more familiar default than gratitude or appreciation, it is often more familiar to make the case for the shortcomings of others rather than their strengths

This is so true. I’m working on my compassion, and seeing things from the other’s point of view. I used to be good at that, but have lost my edge due to life experiences. Talked about this with my Therapist last visit. Good habit to bring back!

RVRita

I totally understand. I used to be total optimist but after being married to a total pessimist for over 30 yrs, sadly I see some of that rubbing off on me BUT I am working on it. I don't like the person I have become because of it.
    He has lots of compassion for cats but none for humans
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Went and got my permanent crowns put in and the other broken tooth finished. When I was about to leave she was scheduling me for a cleaning and my hygentist is booked up for the next six months and I am over do for a cleaning. She asked what I was doing right then, the other one had a cancelation and could get me right then. Wasn't sure about having the new one but she was great. Now I am done.

Pick up Ezie in just over an hour. Need to figure out a project to work on- think I will have her try "needlepoint on canvas"- I have heart shaped plastic canvas and lots of yarn. Should keep her busy for a while. She did ok last year with them, should do better now that she is older. Will wait and see.

Picked up a 3lb bag of chopped salad on my way home from the dentist- $4. I will be eating some great salads the next few days. Crab salad tonight with added boiled egg, sweet orange pepper, tomato, ??
    Need to figure what else to make. Just a salad won't be enough for the guys.

Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I ate 1052 calories today! Yay! 85 g of protein and 18 g of fiber. When I eat by my plan, I'm not really hungry at night. At least once I got past the bad habits like eating cookies every time I put the dog out. But I do tend to eat the same things a lot. As far as plants in my daily diet, there's oregano, olive oil, green tea, oats, cinnamon, peas, almonds, blueberries, spinach, mango, banana, and then maybe basil or garlic. If all of that counts.

And I did take Teddy for a gentle walk. Yay!

My parents are having pork chops for dinner, but I'm done eating for today. Besides if I eat the pork chops, I won't do my yoga and aerobic walking exercise.

Hope you all enjoyed this beautiful day!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Debbie))) Lots of hugs for you and your family!

Carla & Beth ~ Sorry to hear about both your mom's.

Beging Talked Over ~ That is such a thing around my home. Both DH and Son do that to me. We both have to yell at son in order to get a word in. DH does it because he doesn't want to hear any suggestions.

Carol in GA

sounds like my dh- no suggestions at all. If I don't agree with him, I am wrong.
    If I try and talk, he doesn't listen and changes the subject to something revolving around him.
    He even says when I say, I told you that, oh, I wasn't listening.

Aren’t all men like that??

Thankfully ... no.

I was just speaking my perspective. I know there are a few good men out there, like my 2 son-in-laws, but I’ve never been lucky in that respect. Mostly just a joke. Sorry if anyone took offense. Pip and Heather have AWESOME men in their lives. I’m sure there are more out there.

RVRita

Don't worry, no one took offence. :)

I also have a great man in my life ... I wouldn't have married him otherwise. He has changed since his accident, and some things are more challenging, but he treats me well.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    1948CWB wrote: »
    (((Debbie))) Lots of hugs for you and your family!

Carla & Beth ~ Sorry to hear about both your mom's.

Beging Talked Over ~ That is such a thing around my home. Both DH and Son do that to me. We both have to yell at son in order to get a word in. DH does it because he doesn't want to hear any suggestions.

Carol in GA

sounds like my dh- no suggestions at all. If I don't agree with him, I am wrong.
    If I try and talk, he doesn't listen and changes the subject to something revolving around him.
    He even says when I say, I told you that, oh, I wasn't listening.

Aren’t all men like that??

Thankfully ... no.

I was just speaking my perspective. I know there are a few good men out there, like my 2 son-in-laws, but I’ve never been lucky in that respect. Mostly just a joke. Sorry if anyone took offense. Pip and Heather have AWESOME men in their lives. I’m sure there are more out there.

RVRita

Don't worry, no one took offence. :)

I also have a great man in my life ... I wouldn't have married him otherwise. He has changed since his accident, and some things are more challenging, but he treats me well.

M in Oz

Ditto, I didn’t take offense either
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 11min 10sec, 89elev, 2.87ap, 94ahr, 118mhr, 6.38mi= 642c
    Strava app= 781c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 18.23min, 220elev, 101aw, 16.5amph, 124ahr, 152mhr, 5.04mi= 106c
    Zwift stats- 18.23min, 221elev, 100aw, 63arpm, 16.45amph, 5.04mi= 107c
    Other- 19.33min, pressure wash back patio and wipe down table and chairs = 90c

Total cal 871
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I didn't find anyone to go for a beer with, but I enjoyed my solo coffee, catching up with the reading . DH and I had a large glass of wine with our fish and chips! Red wine was available at the French Circle, where we chatted to a very nice woman who was educated in French. The lecture was lively with lots of helpful slides. :p So a successful night out! It was very cold out, which made getting home even more wonderful.
    I always think we should go out more often, but we have managed it two weeks running, so not bad. On the way home I went in and pre-ordered pizzas for tomorrow evening with the kids. Just need to get some toppings for them to add.

All good. Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feb 8: Consider and celebrate diversity today. The diverse blessings of man and woman. Don’t understand men (and some women :> ), but grateful for their different gifts. Running out of steam on this month’s list. Not resonating or inspiring that Aha! Is it more challenging, making me think? Am I just getting lazy? ;)

Jam packed day today, line dance class, movies with T, then last minute prep for fire district board meeting. Love movie theatre popcorn but will be too embarrassed to eat it sitting next to T who is eating healthily. Thankful for (but a little resentful of) her good example. ;}
    Welcome @pmileader2 and well done on the daily hikes! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Welcome @NewGrl64 Roselyn in NV. I’m sniggering too.
    Vicki :{ When one of my clerks came to me complaining of the other’s body odor, I knew that supervising was not for me, but was stuck until another position opened up. Fortunately it relied more on my computing than people gifts :laugh:
    Wow, Annie that is a protein packed 1100 C!
    Lisa great flip to gratitude for the gray, rainy, chilly day accomplishment. What you said about the conversations on this thread and their positive impact on my thinking and life, and how valuable this space is for much needed venting.
    Mary I’m sure it wasn’t fun but the picture you paint of the mailman on the trashcan hauling the ladder over the courtyard wall is priceless! Gad your DH rescued you at last. Did you get to buy what you were so excited about?
    Beth, what you said about beams and splinters, but most especially that this thread is a safe venting place. :heart:
    Lanette avocados were up to $3/ea here last fall. Now back down to $3/2.
    Machka :heartbreak: I can never thank you enough for sharing your hard journey with your DH’s tbi. You have taught me so much. BTW if my husband looked like a cat, that would be him ;)
    Rebecca is your landlord doing the repairs himself? Please tell me he’s doing mold remediation…
    Michele, there were two zippers on the pack, and she replaced the one that wasn’t broken? SMH! Sounds funny but congratulations on your turkey ;}
    Heather French Circle AND beer with new acquaintances? Bravissima!
    Kim that WLS was a real tea-snorter.
    Kay bet you’re right ;)

Rude and crude:
    This bumper sticker stuck with me “Phase aphuxia!”

That’s enough, Barbara! Time to get up off your butt and take those poor pooches down to the powerline before the rest of the day overtakes you.
    02/7: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dancing. active mins:259 steps:7773
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+6+4+4+3+2+4 =31! Not even counting sugar or cocoa! ;) apple, artichoke, arugula, basil, beans-kidney, beets, carrots, celery, chickpea hummus, corn chips, cranberries, cucumber, jalapenos, Kashi, lettuce-iceberg, mint-tea+jelly, olives-green, peanut butter, peppers-sweet orange and red, potato chips, potatoes-russet, radishes, rice-brown, romaine, scallions, snap peas, tangerines, tea, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat-English muffin/cracked wheat sourdough. CI<CO=609
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, filing, meeting prep, check misprint call, over an hour holding to get wonderful Latrice at Social Security Wt:135.6
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

The management company is paying for everything. I will make sure they do some sort of barrier for that. The time frame is tomorrow is getting the tub out, and maybe start on the ceiling of the kitchen. This slow leak has been going on for some time I imagine. So lots of mold inside.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    Options