• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    💕
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

How wonderful that you got to chat with your son, Rebecca. And yeah... you're beautiful. Oh my, Rebecca! Well, well, well, a new grandbaby... WOOHOO! Is Athena excited?

Annie, I think that's the way with most of the people closest to those with dementia/Alzheimer's. This miss the decline until it's almost too late. They make adjustments in their day or their lives and they almost don't even notice that they're doing it. Freddy's dad did that for his mom. I think some he knew he was doing, but some he just did.

Awe, Tracey, that evening together sounds just lovely. I'm glad you had the time together.

12-Make a list for the week ahead so you can stay focused... a real list, that I have to stick to?!? Oh geez. Okay, I'll try! LOL
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,832 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate heat.
    #2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: I did this with a camper who I received complaints about. I put myself in his shoes when speaking with him. He was a very lonely man who only had his dogs (one barking, one loose) and the people he meets at campgrounds. Made me more compassionate when talking to him about the dogs.

#3 Watch a movie that reminds you of kindness. I watched the Adam Project.
    #4 Take a picture of 3 things that make you happy. Send them to a friend. Done!
    #5 Be kind to yourself. Self-compassion is equally important. Will do today.
    #6 Start a conversation with someone new. I do this every day with the campers!
    #7 Consider a current struggle. Write down 2 thoughts that give you comfort. My dog Brownie’s heart trouble. Her spells are getting worse and there is nothing the vet can do. Comforting thoughts—She lived a good life with us. She brought us many days of comfort and enjoyment with her loving attitude.
    #8. Consider and celebrate diversity today. I am a white girl living among darker Mexicans and native Americans. Campers come from around the world and love to hear the accents and learn about the different cultures i come into contact with. Do this every day!
    #9. Identify a role model who embodies perseverance. Can you find two ways to emulate them? My 30 year old autistic nephew. He never gives up no matter what health challenge he faces. I can emulate him by not complaining about every little ache and pain, and by doing what needs to be done to get through any health issues that may come up.
    #10. Check an item off your to-do list this weekend. Working on my taxes.
    #11. Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver the meal to a friend. We give food to people all the time. My DH cooks and we give food to different campers and workers here at the park almost every day!
    #12. Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused. In process!
    #13. Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness?
    #14. Express creativity by making art or cooking a new meal.
    #15. If you are waiting in line today, let someone get in front of you.
    #16. The next time someone does something you appreciate, be sure to let them know.
    #17. Offer a helping hand to someone, such as holding a door for a stranger.
    #18. Share about a recent book you read and what you learned.
    #19. Show sincere appreciation when someone serves you food or drink.
    #20. Complement someone today. Ideas include recognizing a great smile or earrings.
    #21. When you recognize someone is struggling, offer words of support.
    #22. Ask for help. That’s a simple way to express bravery.
    #23. Encourage your teammates to utilize their unique strengths.
    #24. Reflect on the steps you have taken to achieve your past goals.
    #25. Express gratitude today by thanking someone.
    #26. Think about the upcoming work week. How can you apply teamwork?
    #27. Send or leave a handwritten thank you note to someone.
    #28. Giving constructive feedback is one way to ignite honesty.

Rita
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ That app did a fantastic job of fixing the photo. Your father in law was a handsome man. :)

We will not be watching the Super Bowl game. So, I will be looking for movies to watch.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD by Michelle Dozois today. This is a new one for me (yes, Barbara, they do exist...lol). Just work tomorrow then senior bowling. Then we’ll probably pack the car

Katie – same weather here. Did a Leslie Sansone DVD today instead of taking my walk. I really prefer to walk outside, but weather didn’t permit it today.

I think I’m going to try ONCE AGAIN to give up eating after dinner for Lent. I’m actually trying it right now to see how hard it will be for me. I seem to be doing OK, so maybe I’ll succeed this year. The one thing is that at home I usually go to bed earlier since I get up early for work. Not sure if I’ll be getting to bed early in FL

Anne DE – what a great idea to have tea! Many times I do that when we’re in a restaurant. I may take a bite of Vince’s dessert (if it’s something I like) and have a cup of tea. A lot of restaurants (believe it or not) down here have only sweet tea. Yuk! So I keep some tea bags in my pocketbook.

Vince sent a box to Jess. In it he put all the birthday presents I had bought for her. I was going to wrap them, but didn’t have time. She called to say that they got the box and Colby was especially happy to see the potato masher….lol Well, he’s from Idaho. The only thing I need to do is buy her birthday card.

West Side Story is one of the few musicals Vince went to go see. I’m not crazy about musicals, either but enjoyed this one.

Vince found a box of photographs. The writing on the box is in his father’s so they’re probably all of his family. Next job is to convince Vince that we should get rid of any pictures that we have no idea who is in them and write on the back who is in them if we know. He likes to keep EVERYTHING and I’m someone who will get rid of things we don’t use or will never use. If I don’t know who someone is, will Jess? I doubt it

katla – I remember a while ago the Clydesdales were at Disney World and the kids saw them. The highlight of the trip was when the horse peed!

Carol – well, it’s good to know that we won’t be the only household not glued to the TV!

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I resisted the first of the Valentine's chocolate Yay!

Annie in Delaware

I have resisted too, but I am known to grab a Cadbury egg every now and then!😜💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Well, making tea worked wonders! (To help me avoid eating too much meat.) That and having a plan for the leftovers: served tomorrow with egg noodles and gravy (for my parents, not me). I told my mom ahead of time that I was going to drink tea instead of eating so much meat, so she only asked me twice if I wanted more. The time waiting for my parents to finish eating passed very quickly. I will be eating back my exercise calories, so that's enough for a light dinner, and that makes a neutral deficit day. That's 300 calories better than last week! Yay!

I have mixed feelings about watching the Superbowl. I love seeing the long passes or the clever twisting runs. But I hate the violence of the short running plays. I can't follow the ball in the mess. I always feel like someone is going to get hurt. And the penalties are a mystery. So I watch a little then leave the room. And I will look up the commercials online after the game.

Yay Clydesdales! Go team!

Annie in Delaware

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Rebecca if your son gets out with 18 years is there any pension? That time would count towards seniority ( vacation and pension) if he then went to work for the federal government. Hope he lands in a great career step.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Katla - we don’t get to see the wonderful commercials in the Super Bowl that you do in the States. I wish we did.

Tracey in Edmonton

You can usually find them on YouTube after the game. Sometimes before. Just search for "2023 Super Bowl Commercials." I'm assuming they won't be blocked. That's what I do.

Tina in CA