WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,369 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Tracey welcome home! That was quite a trip.

I did my yoga and my aerobic walking Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Had Newcomer bowling tonight. No more Newcomer bowling until the last session.

The plan for tomorrow is to do the new Sara Kooperman Retro Low to Go DVD. We shall see. Then I go to BK for a bit. Hopefully, when I get home I can go for my walk. In the afternoon we have to prebowl for the last week we're gone. Vince has this train thing to go to. Evidently, this lady's husband (or son) passed away and he had a lot of trains. Vince is going to look at them and give her some direction on how to sell them.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    (((Tracey)))—Glad to see that you’re safely home. I hope you are getting some needed rest & “me time.” 😊
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Tracey: Glad you are home!
    Katla: I hope you are feeling better

I caught a sore throat and a cold but tested negative for COVID. It really exhausted me but I feel loads better now.
    I did go to the doctor and still need to pick up the antibiotic which I hope to do tomorrow!

Tonight I heated up some veggie sausage and cauliflower and red peppers and feta cheese. I added a few spices and this was pretty good.

But I suppose veggie sausage is a processed food. I also heard that the plant meat that my son was eating that is suppose to help the environment is considered a processed food. I'd like to know more about processed food and exactly how bad it is. I never considered eating a WW Smart One frozen meal bad before.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    edited February 2023
    Late evening but taxes are ready to go to accountant. I have some bills to pay in morning which I will probably do while DH is in dentist. I have gotten lots of online training completed for work. Still lots to go but making progress. My first heart dr appointment tomorrow. All I can think of is more bills‐ugh. Guess it will give my family (dh) some peace of mind. I wish I could say I was doing this for me, but I think all these appointments are a waste of time. I reckon with the cost of my medical insurance I probably should use it. 😞
    Need to fold 1 load of laundry and water plants in the morning. Somehow I have gotten out of sync and I was doing so well. Just a bumpy road.

Almost midnight and 5:30 comes early, so time for some shut eye.

Hellos!
    Hugs!
    High fives!
    Love,
    Kylia whose journey is currently on a road of potholes in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    I made it back home. Landed shortly after midnight last night. By the time we were home and settled it was about 230 am. I woke at 715 to go to work. I am currently sitting in the tub and will be going to bed early.
    It was a long stressful 2.5 weeks

DH is struggling and upset that his work made him go in tonight. He didn’t want to until Sunday. I think it’s good that he did though.

It seems very quiet tonight. I have not been alone since Jan 18th. I am enjoying it

Tracey in Edmonton

So glad you travelled safely.

I'm also glad you got to see your family. It has been a long time for you.

I can understand how your husband feels. In the past we'd arrive home and go to work the next day but since my husband's accident I prefer to have a day or 2 at least at home before I start working again.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Tracey: Glad you are home!
    Katla: I hope you are feeling better

I caught a sore throat and a cold but tested negative for COVID. It really exhausted me but I feel loads better now.
    I did go to the doctor and still need to pick up the antibiotic which I hope to do tomorrow!

Tonight I heated up some veggie sausage and cauliflower and red peppers and feta cheese. I added a few spices and this was pretty good.

But I suppose veggie sausage is a processed food. I also heard that the plant meat that my son was eating that is suppose to help the environment is considered a processed food. I'd like to know more about processed food and exactly how bad it is. I never considered eating a WW Smart One frozen meal bad before.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

You'd have to investigate what's in it and how it is made.

All food is processed in some way. Even my snowpeas and strawberries growing in my yard. I have to pick them before I eat them.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.
    I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

Put myself in someone else's shoes --- I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Watch a movie that reminds me of kindness --- probably not tonight!

C is for Climbing and walking on Collins St!

Take a picture of three things that make you happy --

aocs3725u6ly.png
    42vpz698ig8s.png
    qaqbrf33a1dz.png

D is for exercising Downstairs!
    Rowing - 16 minutes
    Walking - 38 minutes
    Weights - 10 minutes

Be kind to yourself -- Sleep, gardening and cycling! :)

E is for Exercising!
    Plus we cycled on Endeavour Ave and the Esplanade. :)

Start a conversation with someone new --- I'm not the sort to strike up random conversations, or conversations at all. But I did chat with a person I met recently and one I haven't seen in a few months today.

And ... F!
    mcuvbtguykqt.png

Consider a current struggle. Write down two thoughts that bring you comfort.

Hmmm ... A current struggle, like only one? Let's go with waiting. I feel like I spend most of my life waiting.

wrt353eh66bk.png
    x3f3p2wdopwq.png
    9g49r21ubbnn.png

And a walk to the botanical Gardens through the rose Garden!
    jrhi6g59mua4.png

Consider and celebrate diversity! Does that include people who look at things completely differently than you do? If so ... woohoo! I've had that opportunity today!

H is for Hobart - walking around. And Hanging clothes outside.

Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and find 2 ways to emulate them.

Well, I don't have role models ... and I've persevered as much or possibly even more than many people I know.

However, today was brought to you by the letter I. I did walk by and around IMAS (Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies).

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Why do we love the great outdoors? New research shows part of the answer is in our genes
    https://blog.csiro.au/why-do-we-love-the-great-outdoors/

Almost every aspect of our lives depends on nature, from food and shelter to fuel and clothing. Yet some of us are much more “into” spending time in nature than others.

To try to understand why, we studied more than 1,100 pairs of twins to find out how much of our connection to nature might depend on our DNA. We found almost half the variation in people’s connection to nature can be put down to genetics.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited February 2023
    a28rx4q547ge.png

y0b6iibaj19o.png

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited February 2023
    Tracey: Good to know you’re back home safely.

We are having quite a cool spell at the minute. Clear skies at night, so I have been doing a little stargazing.

Today’s intentions:
    📍prep for flower arranging
    📍catch up on laundry ✔️
    📍2pm - flower arranging
    📍Solid Habits

You can add me to the fortunate few who snagged a great man. Despite what my dear mother always said to the contrary, ‘somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good!’

The great outdoors:
    Always loved being outdoors, no matter what the weather. However, theses days, I have developed an aversion to being out in cold, wet weather, but give me a dry day, and I’m happy outdoors.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Good walking distances so far. :)

8ihno9l4wevd.png

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Good Thursday,
    Plants watered, last load of laundry folded and put away (just to do more tonight- :( , property taxes all paid, paid a couple of other bills, caught up DH's checkbook registries (one is for rentals, the other personal), shredded and filed some papers, emptied dishwasher. Whew, I am tired already! Was running behind for DH's dentist appointment, so just threw the loaf of bread, a small head of lettuce, the bag of shredded cheese, and the remaining cottage cheese (in container) into the lunch bag. I will have to prep his salad when we get to shop. I think I put on deodorant this morning.....yes, I did. This could be a LONG day!

Tracey Welcome home! I know it is bitter sweet.

I agree with Machka- I actually plan us coming home from trips on Saturdays if possible, to give me Sundays to settle back in and breath.

Love you ladies!

Kylia in Ohio where the birds are chirping, it feels like Spring, and it is raining.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    Heather ~ You are a great grandmother and your husband is a great grandfather. You fit so many things into your day (kind of like Michele) that it amazes me. :)

Carol in GA <3