WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    edited February 2023
    Quite a successful day all round. Spent much time lolly gagging around on my new iPad.
    Family Skype after lunch. TV after dinner.
    Creative Writing 10.30, Monday
    Monday Painters after lunch

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
    Pg 13
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Anneu53 from Australia—Welcome! This is a friendly group. We come from many places. All of us speak English. I am from Oregon, currently in Illinois. Our daughter lives nearby. Stop by frequently and get to know us.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Michele I use Nature's Promise Vegan Plant Blend as a protein powder. It's non-dairy and Giant carries it. I'm not vegan, not even close. A scoop is 140 calories with 21 g of protein that is extracted from peas.

Annie in Delaware

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    Kim - my goodness, woman, you need time to just sit and breathe! I was exhausted just reading about all that. Thinking about you.

Lisa in AR
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Anneu – welcome! So glad to have another person from Australia here

Kim – All that driving! Super woman you are. How great of you to take your mom to see her friend

Lanettte – Lowe’s Hardware sells another item like Wet & Forget. But it does have more bleach in it. Now the Wet & Forget continues to work. Personally, for the space you’re looking to do, I’d use the Wet & Forget. It will work longer. Don’t get disappointed if it doesn’t work immediately. It needs the rain to activate it. I used it under these wooden steps and in about a week I was amazed that almost all of the mold was gone! The rest went away a week later. I much prefer frozen veges (and fruit too) to fresh. The frozen actually have more nutrients since they are flash frozen immediately after being picked. I just don’t like frozen asparagus. But I should give it another chance.

Anne DE – I think my daughter uses the plant based protein power! Sounds very familiar.

Well, off to bed. Will probably check things on my tablet first. Work tomorrow

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Need help with my "Listening..." homework. Would anyone share an example of when they really just needed to be heard, but others talked over them or snowed them with advice.?

Thanks!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Just live a day with me! I am constantly being talked over. It's one of the main reasons I like communicating through the written word rather than talking and will often send an email first before attempting to speak to someone.

If I really want to say something, I will just keep talking even though I am being talked over and I will do it slightly louder.

Otherwise I will stop talking and roll my eyes and the moment they take a breath, I'll say, "As I was saying ..."

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    anneu53 wrote: »
    Hello. I am new and from Australia. Its Summer over here. I loved reading all the comments here.

Hi ... I am also from Australia.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Jewellery ... I have a lot of costume jewellery and used to wear it quite often.

But since 2020, all I usually wear is my plain tungsten wedding ring and studs with different gem chips.

Today's are sapphire -- blue.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited February 2023
    Kim - You make me feel lucky I don't drive any more. Haven't done since we moved here. It's a wonderful excuse for not doing stuff! :p I know it wouldn't be practical in the US. My son in Nottingham still doesn't drive at 46.
    For example, my DSIL and boyfriend are coming to see us in a couple of weeks. It's really our turn to go there. I hate being a passenger, especially with DH and he is not enthusiastic about trains. So they have to come here.( We are also going out for the Saturday night meal, though I'm providing snack lunches.)
    Of course, getting paid for it alters the dynamic. We all have to earn money. :D If you feel you are well paid, then that's fine. My rule is, if I think I might feel resentful, then don't do it!
    I've always been really careful where I spend my energy. Taking your mum to see her friend was a good use of it. :)<3
    Lots of love and hope you can rest now, <3 Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member
    Good morning all.

Allie: Hope you’re feeling better soon
    Machka: 😍 the dry riverbed

📍Creative Writing 10.30, Monday
    📍Monday Painters after lunch

Have a great day.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri