LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I so appreciate all the motivational support! Focusing on staying AF as much as possible. Today was 2 light beers but out of habit and I had no craving for it.

Sticking to my calorie count and that means stuff like raw carrots and blueberries in the afternoon if I get hungry. I found a tea called Happy Tummy, Open Nature brand (ginger, chamomile, peppermint, bitter fennel, turmeric, lemon balm and caffeine free)...and I will have that mid-afternoon. Dinner rolls around and I am not hungry so hopefully I am on to something!

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability: 3 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (10 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 0
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

3/9 - 2 wine. Did not join DH for bourbon & coke before and after the wine. Just the wine at dinner. Then after the wine a little sparkling water :)

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Hello My "LA" friends! Happy March! I am SO ready for spring! My goal is 16 AF days. I usually post the next morning.

3/8: Drinks (4) - Why is it my plans and intentions go bust when I have a glass of wine, and also when I decide I can do it on my own without the tracking? I had a glass before dinner and one with dinner out with our friends. I made a great food choice for dinner. If I had stopped there, that would have been fine. However, back at home, DH fell asleep on the sofa and I had a couple more glasses of wine and pigged out on snacks while watching TV. I took PTO days today and tomorrow to hang out with our friends while they're here. I am seriously considering staying AF.

Rolling Total: 5 AF Days out of 8

I know I’ve done something similar, and I’m sure many on this thread have done so as well!!!! It’s like the “F it” gene turns on or something.

I totally get IDGAF at times. It's really hard to overcome so better to prevent. If you can figure that out, please share.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 16AF days for the shortened month of February.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Wednesday March 08 - 2 1/4 drinks. 2 would have been fine. Planned AF now until Saturday.
    Thursday March 09 - AF - Working late nights trying to catch up on the jobs that I couldn't get to during my bout with Covid. A cocktail or two would have been nice, but I have a long Friday ahead so didn't.

Rolling total: 5AF day out of 9 days.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability: 4 days AF
    Alcohol: 6 days (10 drinks)
    Days over 2 glasses: 0
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days this month.

3/10 - AF; Fever Tree Blood Orange and then Diet Cranberry Sprite both with slices of lime in a beautiful glass

@Michieb125 Enjoy your evening out for Mexican food! Fajitas are a great idea. Just so hard to stay away from the chips. I can pass on the expensive margaritas ... like my homemade ones better. But I've not had one since last summer now that I think about it. We cooked at home this evening ... some sort of Tomato/Corn/Roasted Red Peppers Poached Cod fish with sautéed shallots, cilantro & lime. Served it with flour tortillas. Not sure if you would call it spanish or Mexican or what. But it was fresh and tasty.