March 1 – 5.05 miles
    March 4 – 12.01 miles
    March 6 – 5.02 miles
    March 8 – 5.09 miles
    March 11 – 18.97 miles
    March 15 – 5.14 miles
    March 16 – 5.15 miles
    Total – 56.43 miles

Today’s run was so much harder than yesterday’s. Temp was a nice brisk 25F but at least the wind wasn’t blowing like it was at the first of the week. I could not force myself to get outside on Monday or Tuesday (I did walk on the treadmill on Tuesday so as not to be a total sloth).

@shanaber – Glad your toe nail procedure went well and it sounds like you are well on the mend. The agility competition sounds like it would be fun to watch.

@Scott6255 - Your speed and consistency is just amazing! Oh and “I went too fast” are words you will never hear me utter!

@quilteryoyo – Are you working the Flyboys games at the stadium this year? Our track club volunteer director mentioned the other night that he would be tied up on several evenings with the games.

@katharmonic – 10 inches of snow? That’s just 10 too many! I am so ready for Spring!

@Laurz9191 - You are a beast running in hail! You are going to be so ready for whatever race day brings!

@kgirlhart – You are doing so well with your streak!

Hope you heal quickly @chris_in_cal

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    Nice 6 miles @kgirlhart .

Glad you got things taken care of @chris_in_cal . Sorry that you'll have to take a couple days off though. Still better to get it before it's worse. Mom went a couple of weeks ago and had several places frozen. Always the end of her nose which looks pretty bad for a week or so.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . Is the weather better?

Nice run @Teresa502 . Sorry today was a hard one. I am not working at the games. I haven't since they switched to the Fly boys. I just don't have as much time as I used to. I do miss seeing the familiar faces though.

That's a great way to get your exercise @ScienceofTeaching .

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA - ohhh I never even considered savory! Shows how my brain works 😁 Does quiche count? I love a good spinach/veggie quiche. Also a savory chicken pie. Unfortunately they have both have so much fat and calories they fall into that once in a very long while category.
    No running or walking for me today - we are off to the other side of LA to visit Griffith Park and a museum or two.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed your day @shanaber .

Great running @Mari33a !

You're doing great @Laurz9191 .

I did another treadmill session before heading off to work today. I must say, it helps when I don't have to be there until 11:00 and I love not having to worry about how I'm going to fit it in after I get home.

Anyway, the plan called for another 45 min low intensity run. I walked a total of 1 mile for warm up and cool down (counted that as part of the 45 min). Since today was 4 straight days of running, I decided to run at a faster pace so I would get my HR up quicker and get to walk more to keep it below 130 bpm. You know what they say about the best laid plans.....I ran at 4.5 mph and it took over 15 min before my HR reached 130 bpm! ?! I mean, I'm happy, but that didn't follow my plan to walk more at all. LOL After that, it did go up quicker, but also came down quickly. I walked 4 times for 1 - 2 min each, so not a whole lot. I ran 2.25 miles in 30:50 min for an average pace of 13:42 min/mile (4.4 mph). My avg HR was 123 with a max of 137 bpm. That 137 was only for a a couple of seconds toward the end of the run.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 115 Miles

3/1: 5.06 miles
    3/2: 5.51 miles
    3/3: 2.15 miles
    3/4: 2.02 miles
    3/5: 10.1 miles
    3/6: 5.1 miles
    3/7: 5.27 miles
    3/8: 1.05 miles
    3/9: 5.27 miles
    3/10: 3.17 miles
    3/11: 2.02 miles
    3/12: 10.1 miles
    3/13: 2.1 miles
    3/14: 5.26 miles
    3/15: 6.03 miles
    3/16: 5.51 miles

75.72/115 miles completed for March

The temperature was nice this morning, but OMG it was windy. I started out running straight into 20 mph winds. It was really hard to run in. So I just tried to relax and run easy and ended up with 5.5 miles. The wind is still howling and a cold front will be coming in so the next couple of days will not be my ideal running weather. But I will suck it up and get out there anyway.

exercise.png

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    What's up with all the tickers rendering so small? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Happy Friday!
    Got in the 'ushe' - 9k
    yr053tmwjp0k.png

@quilteryoyo - weather here is crappy. Not cold or snow/ice. Just stereotype England. Overcast, cloudy, drizzle.

@Laurz9191 - would you call a strudel a member of the pie family?
    Thoughts on German desserts? Strudel? Beanschtik (sp?).
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great run in the wind yesterday @kgirlhart .

Nice run @Scott6255 . I can't answer your question. They were fine yesterday.

Nice drizzle run @tarun_yadavA .
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal Hoping for good results for you. My husband has gone through that a few times now, all precancer things so far. Glad you're taking care of yourself.

@tarun_yadavA As an American I never consider savory pies. Mushroom and leek sounds right up my alley! For sweet, I love almost all pies but especially those with a toasted meringue top, like a lemon, chocolate, or coconut pie. My mom makes the best coconut pie I have ever had. I try them occasionally in bakeries and have yet to find one as good as my mom's.

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA ok that's cruel 🤣
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale Great running in those windy conditions. I'm glad you had company to help you along.

Great running @Laurz9191 . Changing direction is a great way to break up a run.

That ice cream looks good @tarun_yadavA ! You had me at the caramel. :lol:

Got my workout in this morning, again. Today was a tempo run. I did cut it a little short from the plan, due to time. I walked a total of 1.0 mile for warm up and cool down. I did a run/walk of 4.5 for 5 min then 5.0/3.8 to keep my HR between 130 and 140 bpm for 20 min, then walked a couple of minutes and ran at 4.5 to 30 min point then 4.2 mph to end. I ran at 5.0 mph for 8 min before my HR got to 140, then it was up and down quickly....mostly ran 2 min and walked one after that. Total run was 2.50 miles in 32:48 min for an average pace of 13:07 min/mile (4.6 mph). Avg HR was 132 and max was 146 bpm. The higher number was at the end when I didn't want to walk the last part of the tempo 20 minutes.

exercise.png