Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Morning all,
    Got in my usual 9K!
    9jubzl3z2rvk.png

Wife's birthday over the weekend... So unhealthy weekend incoming. Couples' thing/ plus kids thing/ my mother wants to take her out thing... So every day from now till Sunday.

@Laurz9191 - race is Sat or Sun?
    @eleanorhawkins - all packed? Enjoy the Big walk!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great running. I hope you are able to enjoy your short run this morning.

Great treadmill run @Scott6255 .

I didn't realize your race was this weekend. Have a great one @Laurz9191 .

@tarun_yadavA Great run and enjoy all the calories over the weekend. :wink: Happy Birthday to your wife.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic that is so great to hear the surgery went well and you are recovering so well!
    @tarun_yadavA happy birthday to your wife! Enjoy all the celebrating :)
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: »
    Then it can be a MFP runners convention.

Brilliant! Let's.

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    Hi all. I'm home recovering from my surgery on Tuesday. Everything went well and I've been feeling ok,

Good news. Your pre-surgery plan to keep your momentum is really smart. Get well soon.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic So glad to see that everything went as well as possible and that you are home. Walking every day and following the doctor's orders are great goals. You are in such good shape, you will do great with your recovery. Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are doing.

It was 82F (27.8C) when I got home from work. I was tired, but made myself go out for my run. It was supposed to be a low intensity run. I tried to keep my HR between 120 and 130 bpm, but soon saw that the heat and hills was not going to let that happen. So, I ran more by feel and tried to keep my HR below 140. I did that for the most part. I walked a total of 1 mile and ran/walked 2.25 miles in 31:43 min for an average pace of 14:06 min/mile (4.3 mph). My avg HR was 140 with a max of 153. I'm glad I did it. I'm supposed to play tennis at noon tomorrow, on the team. I hope the weather allows that to happen.

exercise.png
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    great run and what a most beautiful couple you two are Tarun! 💖💖

117.8 miles to date out of 120 goal this month. Yesterday was stormy in the morning so I decided to do my tempo run at lunch. I am really enjoying the new features to race yourself on my watch. Of course I will never beat my current PB times since the GPS went crazy on Wed and gave me record breaking times for a 5K and 6K

qr84mnij71bu.png

@katharmonic WOW I bet you are so happy to see that surgery in the read view mirror and start to focus on recovery.

waiting on race report @Laurz9191!

@quilteryoyo looks like we had the same warm weather yesterday - my AC kicked in again in the afternoon after about a week off and needing a heater. Have fun with tennis today.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier aww thanks bON 😊
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart It stormed here last night too. Fortunately, Tippy is not afraid, but she did come into the bedroom and wake me up, just so I would know it was raining, I think. LOL You did great getting in your exercise and keeping the streak going.

Great run @tarun_yadavA . Love that you had a change of scenery. Fantastic mileage for the year so far too. Great picture of you and your wife. You two are so cute together. The dessert sounds good, but I've never had saffron infused ice cream.

Great running and mileage @SummerSkier . Can you go into the watch database and delete those record breaking times? I know you can with Garmin. We had storms overnight, so am hoping it will be dry enough for my tennis match at noon. It's also supposed to be breezy. If it is, should be interesting tennis.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 - good luck on your race!
    @tarun_yadavA looked like a really nice celebration. Great picture!

We decided to leave a little later today so was able to get in 7.5 miles.

exercise.png
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My race is tomorrow. Did a mostly relaxed 5.5 km this morning. My start block starts at 10:50, so I should be done before 7 am US east coast time :). I’m excited and ready to go!

@tarun_yadavA Great pictures! I hope you have a nice weekend celebrating! You are a very cute couple!

@katharmonic Glad to hear that you surgery went well!

@quilteryoyo @martaindale @Scott6255 Wow! It sounds pretty hot where you are! Good job getting your run in despite the weather.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic I hope your recovery continues to go well.

@tarun_yadavA That dessert sounds really tasty. You and your wife look like such a happy couple.

@Laurz9191 Good luck tomorrow on your race! Can’t wait to hear how it goes.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    March total: 86.1/100 miles

3/4: 13.2 miles
    3/8: 4.2 miles
    3/9: 4 miles
    3/10: 5.1 miles
    3/11: 6.9 miles
    3/13: 4.1 miles
    3/14: 5.2 miles
    3/15: 4.1 miles
    3/17: 4.7 miles
    3/18: 9.1 miles
    3/21: 5.7 miles
    3/22: 3.1 miles
    3/23: 6.7 miles
    3/25: 10 miles

No run and no massage yesterday. We have some family in town, staying with my husband’s parents, so we ended up visiting with them in the evening. They had a rough year with both of them going through treatment for cancer at the same time and a cross country move. They are doing well now and it was nice to see them.

Went to my favorite long run trail this morning. Had a good run and tried something new, salt stick chews. I used some salt stick chews during the marathon but never used them during training. Today it started out pretty nice (58F) but temps were rapidly climbing and it was going to be almost 70F by the time I was done. I know a few people who swear by them for hot weather runs and say they make a huge difference in how they feel. The marathon is long and I was on the 4th day of running, so I’m sure they helped with the dehydration but I can’t say I could feel any difference. Today though, I could really tell. I took a couple chews around mile 7 and by mile 8 or so I actually felt fresher. I’m going to use them a few more times and see if that was a coincidence, but with as hot and humid as it gets here, I doubt adding in some electrolytes would hurt anything and it might be a bit of a hot weather running game changer.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I've hit my target for the month, yah!

01/03 2.84 miles
    04/03 2.56 miles
    05/03 2.56 miles
    06/03 3.03 miles
    11/03 2.57 miles
    13/03 2.90 miles
    14/03 2.91 miles
    16/03 3.42 miles
    20/03 2.56 miles
    23/03 2.92 miles
    24/03 2.56 miles
    25/03 2.93 miles

Total 33.76/30 miles
    exercise.png

@tarun_yadavA - Enjoy the birthday celebration!
    @katharmonic - Glad you have your op over with and it went well!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    I've hit my target for the month, yah!

Hey @Mari33a Congratulations!

💪🏾