chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Congrats @martaindale on the HM!

Strong running!!!!!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice morning @Mari33a .

Great running @Teresa502 . You'll do great next weekend! Glad you are safe too.

Nice running @Scott6255 !

On this day in 1994, I married the love of my life. Had he lived, today would have been out 29th anniversary. Since I was supposed to do a long run today, I didn't want to run "just" 2.9 miles, so I traversed a total of 9.4 instead. I walked a total of 1.4 miles for warm up and cool down and did a run/walk of 8.0 miles on the treadmill. That wun was sneasy, but my HR was good. I am waiting for the day when 8 miles is a lot easier than they were today. My Avg HR was125 with a max of 141 bpm.

exercise.png

@quilteryoyo aww *hugs* 🤗

PS: brother-in-law birthday ; so my sister booked it. Had no say in the matter. Had to go. Just messes with timings is all. Bloody Marys and eaten till full by 11:30am. Then ravenously hangry by 4:30 ish.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    @martaindale well done Sarah
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tarun_yadavA . I understand about the brunch. Things in the middle of the day totally messes up the entire day. Happy Birthday to your BIL.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - what a beautiful place!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kgirlhart ! You did great.

Thanks @shanaber . I can usually do okay with about 6 miles on the treadmill, but yesterday I just wanted to quit after 1. LOL But, I made myself keep going and so glad that I did. You did a LOT of walking. That area looks so pretty! Thanks for sharing the photos! BTW, worst sunburn I ever had was snow skiing. Like you, it didn't even occur to me that I would need it on the slopes.

Nice early morning run @tarun_yadavA !

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    ]
    PS: sorry to hear about all your toe issues. Guessing this is something that's a lot worse for women than men!

I think it mostly just the sample we have here. Quite a few more women than men. My feet are pretty bulletproof. Never lost a toenail, never had an ingrown, don’t get blisters. I have a bruise on 1 of my big toenails, the first I’ve ever had, as a souvenir of Dopey weekend. Not a surprise with all those miles in just 4 days. It’s growing out and I won’t lose the toenail.
    ETA: Just saw the bit where you meant that it bothered women more than men. I imagine there are women runners who care more than others. A lot of the ones I know don’t worry about it too much.
  • martaindale
    Options
    On running shoes: I have a very narrow foot with an extremely high arch, so finding something to fit is hard. My latest ones are brooks, but I can't remember the model. They fit perfectly, which is so rare for me.

That’s so interesting that a brooks shoe fits your narrow high arched feet well. In general Brooks have one of the wider toe boxes on the market. It’s one of the reasons I liked them so much initially. My feet swell quite a bit in the heat, especially on longer runs and the Brooks never feel tight. By comparison, I have been given several pair of Saucony to try on over the years and every one of them are too narrow. I can feel the edges of the insole just standing there.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    I think you got our storms from the night before. We had 80mph winds and torrential rain. Don't think we had any damage, but electricity went out for an hour during dinner.

I haven’t been out to our place in the hill country since this storm blew through to assess the damage. The weather report for that area had 40-50 mph winds with 80 mph gusts. We already had so many downed branches from the last freeze/ice storm that we haven’t finished cleaning up. Who knows how many extra branches came down. We’ll find out in a week or so.

@shanaber That is a beautiful area!!

@eleanorhawkins @shanaber I am really fair so I’m usually the one in the family making everyone else put on sunscreen. I think one of the many reasons I prefer winter running is less exposed skin to sunblock! That post-run sweat mixed with sunscreen is a particularly gross feeling.

@eleanorhawkins Sorry to hear life is stressful for you right now. It’s good you have an outlet in running as well as some friends to share it with.

@quilteryoyo What a nice tribute run. Those long treadmill runs are so hard mentally.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    On running shoes: I have a very narrow foot with an extremely high arch, so finding something to fit is hard. My latest ones are brooks, but I can't remember the model. They fit perfectly, which is so rare for me.

That’s so interesting that a brooks shoe fits your narrow high arched feet well. In general Brooks have one of the wider toe boxes on the market. It’s one of the reasons I liked them so much initially. My feet swell quite a bit in the heat, especially on longer runs and the Brooks never feel tight. By comparison, I have been given several pair of Saucony to try on over the years and every one of them are too narrow. I can feel the edges of the insole just standing there.

@martaindale - I find it interesting that you think Brooks are wider. I have always found them too narrow. they always have the cutest patterns and special editions of the Ghost and I think ohh I am going to try those again, but nope they seriously pinch my feet. I actually bought a pair years ago thinking I could somehow make them work for me. Good thing REI has a great return policy!