hi everyone!! :)

Options
auveum
auveum Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2023 in Introduce Yourself
I'm not new to fitness, but I am definitely new to MyFitnessPal. I had a CPT who suggested using this, but I never got to it. I always thought it was too much maintenance, but now I have nothing better to do and I want to try to make change for my body and see if my eating is really the problem (it is). I recently became a certified personal trainer, but I want to get more educated around fitness before I actually go forth with it and help other people. Nutrition is something I find interesting and it's one of my specialties with my program, so I'm excited to track my own and see what it's all about.

Replies

• 1200Vmaxqueen
    1200Vmaxqueen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

I can't speak for you, but personally I've found the effort I put into logging in MFP (what I think you mean by "too much maintenance"?) more than pays off for me. The thing is, there's a learning curve up front, and it can seem burdensome for the first weeks, until one gets a handle on how to use features efficiently, such as recipes, meals, the recent/frequent foods, and so forth.

I'm in weight maintenance now, and pay quite a lot of attention to getting overall balanced nutrition, and it's the rare day that takes me as much as 10 minutes for logging. To me, that's extremely worth the cost. (I was overweight to obese for around 30 years, have been at a healthy weight for 7+ now - quality of life is So. Much. Better.)

I hope you'll give the tools and the Community a fair chance. There are lots of helpful people here, and I'm sure that with your education and training you can make some great contributions here yourself.

Wishing you the best!