April 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @katharmonic Woohoo on half the drains coming out. That's a big step forward.
    spl8 wrote: »
    My old Garmin 45s is not charging, so it may be time to get a new watch. What do y'all use/recommend?

Good suggestion from @chris_in_cal about checking the cord and charging port for buildup. I have had to clean that out too. I currently have a garmin vivoactive 4S. It's a few years old and still works well enough that I can't justify a new one, even though I kind of want one! Overall I like it. It does what I need it to. I like that it has some smartwatch features so I can use the same watch all day. It is GPS enabled, which is 1 feature I would absolutely require on any future purchase. I don't even know if you can buy a sports watch anymore that doesn't have that feature, but it was a game changer for me. It has music capability but I can't speak to how well it works since I've never used it. And it's a bit smaller than some of the other Garmins, which kind of overwhelmed my wrist.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

Got in a slow 6.2 miles this morning. It started off very warm, but by the end it had dropped over 10F just in the hour I was out. Cold front coming through :)

You reaped the benefits of being slightly farther north. We aren't getting that front until this afternoon. At noon it will be cooler than it was at 6 am and tomorrow morning, it will downright pleasant though probably raining. Can't wait!
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @spl8 I had a polar watch a few years ago. It wasn’t that expensive, but I wanted to go Garmin after the watch refused to charge (even after cleaning). I do prefer Garmin connect to the Polar software.

After that I bought a Venu. I liked it ok, but was bothered by the fact that it seemed to me more of a smart watch than a running watch. I mean, it did what it was supposed to do and all, but I was upset the whole time that I hadn’t bought a forerunner.

So after several years, and extensive research I decided in December to splurge for the Garmin fenix 7 saphire solar s (normal size seemed gigantic on my wrist). I have been really happy with it despite the cost. It basically does everything, but sometimes I have to watch a YouTube video or 2, to figure out how to adjust the settings to my liking.

I don’t believe you can really go “wrong” with any of the watches that are out there. It just depends how much you want to spend and what exactly you want your watch to be able to do.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    Sorry yesterday was a tough day for you @eleanorhawkins . I hope you are feeling better today and ready to kill that marathon!

Sounds like a great run @martaindale . Glad nothing hurt.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Great run. And you're right, it is the pythons. I'm glad I never saw one of those either.

Sounds like a very active day for you too @Laurz9191 . Glad everyone enjoyed the hike. I hope your back is okay today.

You did great @kgirlhart . I'd count it too. Excellent paces. Love that mile 6 was so speedy.

@katharmonic . Glad your appointment went well and Stella is feeling better. Sorry about your car repair. My light is still on and off, and I don't have time to take it in and leave it, so will probably wait until next week to see what is wrong. I hope your repairs aren't too costly. I was thinking it might be time for a new vehicle too. I hope your BF does well and gets to come home today. Hugs to you with all you have going on.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I made it to the Cheesecake Factory!
    Cinnabon Swirl Cheesecake! Soooo good.
    i4b79fwcj32d.jpg
    1400 calories! Worth every bite 🤤
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    02/04 3.26 miles
    03/04 3.24 miles
    05/04 3.26 miles

Total 9.74/40miles

exercise.png
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,830 Member
    Options
    honestly I liked Marie Calender NY style cheese cake the best and you could buy a whole cake for the cost of a SMALL slice at the Cheese Cake Factory. I think their prices are way over inflated for the size they sell. ANyway, my brother likes the graham cracker crusts the best I believe. LOL.

Nice running everyone and happy to hear 2 drains are out K.

Scott I have had those heart racing moments before on my runs and usually they are dog or car related. I tend to run a little faster after wards.

The weather today and tomorrow is miserable for running. 40's and steady hard rain. We need it but I really don't want to run in it.

Quilter sorry about the car but WOW you have been absolutely killing getting your workouts in! well done this year with all you have going on.

April is of to a pretty decent start and 2 days off won't kill me and I might find a window to run in anyway. I decided to work remotely as the worker who sits across from me went home sick MOnday and came back to work today coughing a lung out. No thank you. Even masking spending hours across from that was no bueno. So I took myself home.

99ficmym9lkf.png

• martaindale
    Options
    @Laurz9191 The view from the love bench is beautiful!

@tarun_yadavA That cheesecake looks decadent. I have a serious sweet tooth but I'm not sure I could manage more than a few bites of that before I was sugared out.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    April Goal: 110 Miles

4/2: 11.03 miles
    4/4: 6.02 miles
    4/5: 5.25 miles
    4/6: 5.51 miles

27.81/110 miles completed for April

I ran 5.5 miles today. It was cold today at 43°F. It is hard to believe that it was 73° on Tuesday. I had to get my sleeves and gloves back out. It was a good run, uneventful, but nice.

exercise.png