4/4: 6.02 miles
    4/5: 5.25 miles
    4/6: 5.51 miles
    4/9: 11.02 miles
    4/11: 5.25 miles
    4/12: 5.26 miles
    4/13: 6.02 miles

55.36/110 miles completed for April

It was another beautiful morning. 55°F with a light wind. I ran 6 miles and felt really good. I took the first 3 miles pretty easy, but then I tried to speed up for the last 3. My paces were: 11:00, 11:03 and 11:26 for the first 3 miles. and: 11:00, 10:41 and 9:35 for the last 3 miles. I felt really strong afterwards. It was so pretty this morning. The moon was really bright and there were lots of stars. I also saw a skunk.

exercise.png
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @martaindale the flowers are stunning. They're suddenly gorgeous here too, I don't remember them being so great last year, guess I'm running in better places or something. How is your kid getting on?
    @quilteryoyo boo for internet woes, yay for tennis and cardiologist wins!
    @katharmonic so glad to hear you're doing well, must be much more comfortable with the drains gone. I don't remember my mum having those but they sound nasty. I agree about the sudden summer, spring seemed to last about a day and a half. Snakes, argh, yikes, noooooo.

I'm tapering and freaking out a bit now lol. After a lot of trying to arrange family plans I finally decided to travel alone for my race. I've booked myself a cheap and cheerful room a 15 minute walk from the start and 20 minute walk from the finish line, will drive up there on the Saturday morning, eat, pick up my race pack, have an early night, race, shower, eat all the food (there's a Domino's another 15 minute walk away if my legs can manage that), sleep, then drive home on the Monday morning. My husband isn't very happy about that, but I refuse to have to entertain, organise and cater to them that weekend. They were going to go bowling instead of going to see me finish and expected me to go find them afterwards. Nope, not playing. They can go bowling at home instead. Ha!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Funny about your bear attack. Sorry about the dogs you didn't know though. It is good to know that you have it in you to fight and not always run away. Beautiful sunrise, but am I the only one that sees a green UFO behind the tree limb?

Yes, I saw the UFO. Anytime I take a picture of the sun/bright, I am able to catch the aliens!

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    02/04 3.26 miles
    03/04 3.24 miles
    05/04 3.26 miles
    07/04 3.26 miles
    10/04 3.27 miles
    13/04 3.25 miles
    14/04 3.25 miles

Total 22.79/40miles url=https://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w0h8Z2y/]exercise.png[/url]
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    @AlphaHowls Funny about your bear attack. Sorry about the dogs you didn't know though. It is good to know that you have it in you to fight and not always run away. Beautiful sunrise, but am I the only one that sees a green UFO behind the tree limb?

Yes, I saw the UFO. Anytime I take a picture of the sun/bright, I am able to catch the aliens!

@AlphaHowls I freaked out when I saw bear attack! Dogs and snakes are my biggest fears while running alone, but if we had bears they'd be up there too. I see the UFO too!

@quilteryoyo well done on adjusting and still getting something done. Those are the character building runs!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    Thanks @eleanorhawkins !

Thanks @martaindale . Funny picture of your DH, even though you probably didn't think it was funny at that moment. Sorry to here that your kid isn't doing well. I'm sure they are taking an anti-depressant. Can you talk to their doctor and maybe get is changed or add something? I don't really have any advice, just big hugs for you and them. Nice run yesterday, even with not having enough fuel. I hope your run today is nice and that you and your mom enjoy the art show.

Great running @SummerSkier !

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @martaindale ugh I hear you on the sleepiness and the thinking they know everything! Mine dropped out of school after her nervous breakdown at the beginning of Feb. She's a little less stressed out but her anxiety kicks in a million times a day. She feels useless not doing anything, but says she's scared of getting sick again if she does. Also, there's a new pain or ailment every day. Always something. Her therapist doesn't want to give her medication and she would probably refuse it anyway. And to think we thought the colics and teething were hard, huh?
    Sorry to here that your kid isn't doing well. I'm sure they are taking an anti-depressant. Can you talk to their doctor and maybe get is changed or add something?

Oh, they are on all the meds. They get tweaked from time to time if something doesn’t seem to be working right but with psychiatric meds it often takes a month or 2 to even see the effects. It’s also not simple depression. They also have anxiety and may actually be bipolar but are too young to be diagnosed as such. It’s a moving target. @eleanorhawkins I feel like you and I are living parallel lives. I’m sorry your kid is struggling. I am worried mine will end up dropping out of school and getting stuck not knowing what to do with themself. My husband doesn’t seem worried about that but I don’t know that he seems them objectively. Technically they will be 18 before graduating from high school so at this point I just hope we can at least get them through that. I hope I’m wrong but I’m preparing not to be.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    I'm so so sorry that your children are both struggling with this @eleanorhawkins and @martaindale . I'm glad you can be there for each other.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,831 Member
    Options
    It’s too bad that there’s no way to get the kids interested in some sort of sport. I know when I was a teen between tennis and horseback riding. I really didn’t have much time to think deep thoughts