April 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @chris_in_cal stack height is the distance from the bottom of your foot to the ground. The higher the stack height, the less ground you will feel. The heel-toe drop is the height difference between the heel and toe.

Thanks. FWIW: my current shoe is 32mm heel height, and a 10mm drop. (according to the web)
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart happy birthday! Hope you had a nice dinner yday!

@eleanorhawkins haha.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the shoe information @Scott6255. Very helpful.

Happy Birthday @kgirlhart! I hope you had a great day and the Mexican restaurant treated you like a queen!

Typically, I run in Brooks Ghost (even though I'm not happy with their current models) which have a 12mm "midsole drop" but I hike in Altra Lone Peak's which have a 0mm drop. I love the Altra's for hiking because they are so comfortable. They have a wide toe box and just fit my feet perfectly but I pay for the 0 drop. It's Wednesday and my calves are still a little sore from Saturday's hike. On Monday morning, I had to hold on to the hand rails for dear life going down the stairs. I thought about running in Altra's but I've tried running in Hoka Bondi's which have a 4.0mm heel to toe drop and my knees always ended up unhappy.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Got out for 8 miles this morning. It was pretty warm (upper 60s) and windy (15mph, 30mph gusts). Pace has been virtually the same for the last 4 runs. Think I need to shake things up a bit.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Glad the little bugs are gone @chris_in_cal . The worst thing is to suck one of those down your throat. Great running.

@Mari33a Great job getting out for a late run when plans changed. Poor Dakota though. You're going to have to work on your sneaking skills. :lol:

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    a mile from home I swallowed a gnat.
    Poor gnat :(