April 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,048 Member
    Good luck @Teresa502! Trail races are so fun and you usually have decent scenery if you can look up from your feet long enough to appreciate it. That’s my struggle with trail races. I have to watch the trail so closely so I don’t trip that I don’t see all the cool stuff around me!

@Scott6255 I hope the calf tightness gets better. It sounds like you are doing all the things you can to help it along. I also don’t use my percussion gun as much as I should. It’s honestly a bit intense for my calves, but it’s so good on quads, glutes, and the anterior tibialis muscle.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    @martaindale -- WOW. I don't know what's odder, the person allowing their dog to chase you (absolutely bonkers) or how many venomous snakes are along your route -- good looking healthy copperheads there. I love the photos, I hope you post more of those, fascinating. Not to pry but can you give us the state? I used to run around the Buffalo National River in Arkansas and we had a few of those, but uh, not that large and happy looking!

The dog walker is lucky you didn't turn around and mace her dog. That is beyond bananas.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,700 Member
    April 1 – 3.33 miles
    April 3 – 4.04 miles
    April 4 – 5.50 miles
    April 5 – 5.10 miles
    April 10 – 5.32 miles
    April 12 – 5.01 miles
    April 13 – 5.51 miles
    April 16 – 6.01 miles
    April 18 – 5.01 miles
    April 19 – 3.09 miles
    April 20 – 504 miles
    April 21 – 7.13 miles
    April 23 – 6.01 miles
    April 24 – 5.07 miles
    April 26 – 5.16 miles
    April 27 – 5.03 miles
    Total 81.36/95.00

I am definitely not going to make my goal this month but that’s ok. Saturdays are when I typically do a longer run and this month I missed 3 Saturday runs traveling back from vacation in Mexico and I also enjoyed two weekends hiking in the woods which is my happy place. I ran with a friend this morning who had some tummy issues hit so we had to stop at a Marriott which happened to be the only place open on our route. This one has a convention center and golf course so lots of public restrooms are available in the common areas. I ran in the parking lot while waiting for her so I got my distance in but the pace was slower than normal as we walked a lot pre-bathroom visit.

@martaindale – I have to watch the trail closely also so as I don’t trip on an unexpected root or rock or slant of the trail….I could not bring myself to look at your pictures though! Sorry about the dog chase. Unfortunately common sense is not a requirement to be a pet owner.

@chris_in_cal – I like that Double D mindset!

Hope you are feeling better today @yirara.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,160 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    you'll be grand. Also, IMO, DFL is better than DNF, and DNF is better than DNS.
    I love this! Maybe we should add this to our intro page.
    I approve: DFL > DNF > DNS