myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    <3

Katla in Illinois
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    Debbie - what a blessing that Nick was found alive.

I have read along all evening, but I didn’t take notes.

Long day again.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Debbie - what a blessing that Nick was found alive.

I have read along all evening, but I didn’t take notes.

Long day again.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Yes- we are still in shock- but in a good way- We don't understand any of it yet but thankfully he will have time to tell it if he chooses to
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Debbie That is wonderful news!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Debbie, swans in the Napa River? Wow. In all the years we drove up to visit Mama we never saw swans.

04/18: Move: 2 sets PT w/X, doges to powerline. steps:3912 :P
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 10+9+4+1 almonds, artichoke, asparagus, avocado, beans-cannellini, beans-garbanzo, beets, caramel corn, cashews, cranberries, cucumber, ginger, olives-green, peanut brittle, peanut oil, pecans, pepperoncini, prunes, radish, romaine, rice-brown, snap peas, tangerines, tea, wheat-cookies/matzoh/sourdough CI=1559
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, reconcile credit union statement. Wt:136.5

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I had never seen swans in the wild before I started walking the wetlands. They are just amazing to watch. One day I counted 24 of them in one big pond. They have pretty much paired off now so today there were just six in that pond BUT saw the new swan family right near the path I walk, less than ten feet from me and never moved from that spot. I stopped, took a bunch of pictures and they just continued to preen, even the babies. There is another pair at the next pond that have a nest and should be hatching soon.

g3ax7y3oukqe.png

We have black swans all over the place here. Their babies (cygnets) are a fuzzy grey for quite a while.

A town near here is called Cygnet ... or young/baby Swan. 😀

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - Your image and quote made me think of one of my favorite quotes, though the attribution varies. When I was 47, I drove from my then-home of Illinois to my sister's home in West Texas and then my best friend's home in Montana, and back to Illinois--about a 4,500 miles great circle. The invariable question I got from friends and family was "You're going alone?" Maybe my fear button is just broken.
    jpd1b9qgn38b.png
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good morning! Less anxiety this morning. :) Reckon that medicine works!

Lisa My trip like yours was when I was 18. Got married in September. He left for boot camp 5 days after wedding. I drove from Washington DC to Witchita Falls Texas in December to move with him at air force tech school. My family and friends were all greatly concerned. I had a blast! Another road trip is on my to do list. DH doesn't travel well so will stay on list for now.

Much love,
    Kylia

Reminds me of my trip halfway across Canada, driving a moving van which was the largest vehicle I had ever driven, with all my worldly possessions and 2 cats!!

M in Oz

Thinking about it ...

And in 2002, I rented a car (I was car-free for 6 years) and drove from Winnipeg to Red Deer to Kamloops ... where I cycled my first 1200 km Randonneuring/Audax event, the Rocky Mountain 1200 ... then to Vancouver ... and back. About 4700 km + 1200 km of cycling. :)

Hmmm ...

I need to work on my website and get these stories back up there again.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Eveyln-I don't think so she is small in stature like her mom as you saw in the picture with her and Seth walking into Ramen place..
    Now me on the other hand developed early and had a rack in middle school and head gear and teased constantly.
    She wants to wear a feminine tuxedo to the Prom..and trying to find one so small is an issue.
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I had the most amazing spinach and walnut lasagna ever in a pup in the Lake District, I begged for the recipe to no avail... and have made many a spinach and walnut lasagna over the years with nothing that even measures up.

The pubs here usually have a vegetarian choice something along those lines. :)

There are always chicken schnitzels and chicken parmas which are usually quite good, and I'll choose those if they've put mushrooms into the vegetarian choice, but I'd definitely go for a spinach and walnut lasagne.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Went out for my 5k as it is a beautiful morning. :) Picked up my favourite rye bread on the way home.
    DH was meant to be going to the local cricket today with his friend, but the weather forecast said rain from 4 pm, so they postponed it. It’s gorgeous out there! :p

I've just paid the balance on the Saga deposit for next year. They phoned us up as promised. I didn’t have enough credit when I booked it, so they took a reduced amount. We had to juggle money around, but I've found enough somehow. So we're all set for next year. Two cruises! :o

Zoom this afternoon. One of the girlfriends, B, is in her holiday home in Cyprus, so won't be attending, so it's just three of us, P, G, and me. P is flying out to join B and her husband in the next few days. I'm meeting up with G next week in Portsmouth. I've been asked to go to Cyprus this October, but I'm not really feeling like it. I have no money left and it's a difficult journey into the Turkish part of the island where their house is. Long taxi ride from the airport which is in the Greek area. If I had endless money I might go, as they are terrific hosts. DH is unlikely to want to go with me, but that's not a problem. Still pondering.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Kim, this brought such a swirl of food-bound memories...
    A house-made ale in Newquay that I actually loved the taste of and I generally despise all forms of beer. Fish and chips in paper in London, anywhere, it was all amazing, totally different. ... Yorkshire pudding ... Christmas stollen, almost exactly as tasty as American fruitcake, but dry. (You can't win them all!) ...We did a wine tasting tour on the Mosel, and I found I only liked the light, sweet wines. I don't drink it at all now.

I'm with you on the beer and wine. I've never been a drinker and when I have had something, I'm fussy. I haven't touched alcohol in 5 years now which is just fine.

Yorkshire pudding ... yum!
    Fish and chips from a place near water ... yum! I don't usually like seafood, but do like the fish and chips in the UK and here in Tasmania.
    Stollen ... meh. Too dry.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    As far as me being brave, I've just seen too many doctors to think they're god-like. I tend to see this as more like, "next!"

You have the right to doctors who treat you with respect.

Absolutely!

In my husband's first few months after my accident, I realised that I have more education than most doctors and probably just as much experience in my field as they do in theirs, and therefore we were equals, at least. And I stopped seeing doctors as "superior".

They have a list of their go-to meds that have worked for others

They have a list of the meds pharmaceutical companies have paid them to push.

Oh - and I'm sorry about your SIL's TIA. My mother began having them about six months before the big stroke that killed her. Not to say they were connected, though... we never found out whether she fell and hit her head and had the stroke or the stroke knocked her to the ground, receiving the injury to her head when she fell. Either way, I saw her go through one, and TIAs are scary as all get out.

Much love, dear heart, thinking about you, <3
    Lisa in AR

@kymarai ... those TIAs are worrying.

Has your SIL been showing symptoms of confusion, memory loss, etc.?

M in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Barbara I used to tell my Kindies Criss Cross Applesauce give your hand a hug when it was time to sit down in a group. Fun memory.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had a bit of a chuckle at this ...

8i2rgu7fnwcv.png

Tomorrow's thing is: "Try something outside your comfort zone" :lol::lol:

You mean like ... waking up in the morning? Going to work? Dealing with legal stuff in the evening? Life in general?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I'm a wolf!

vrm2y1km2e1a.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Machka No prior symptoms. This happened to her about 27 years ago. Unfortunately she was in an attic and fell through. They kept her in hospital for a week but never found a cause. Has been symptom free until last Friday. She was told to exercise, manage stress, and quit smoking. She is a diabetic that refuses to take that seriously, but says this scared her. Who knows? Reduce stress? I reckon we never really know what someone else is going through but she makes her own hours at work, she has no money worries, she owns her home outright, she is divorced but still spends lots of time with ex. I have no clue. Oh, and to sleep 7-9 hours a night.
    All I can do is support her to the best of my ability while not taking on her problems.

I too need to do all of the above and try my best. Most nights I get about 6.5 hrs sleep. I walk lots. Try to fit in some yoga and/or stretching. I do lots of deep breathing. I don't smoke. I do eat pretty well. I have to take care of me first, DH second, then we will see what is leftover ;)

Woke up at midnight. Tried to fall back asleep, got out of bed at 1 and started work. At least invoices are almost caught up! Was way behind. Feeling a little calmer about that. At least if they call I can let them know status. If I don't have it in computer it isn't done!

Speaking of work, better get ready to head that way.

Love to you all!
    Kylia in Ohio
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

What a fun meal Mary! We always love trying out those TripleD joints when we can find them too. Never been disappointed.

OMG Debbie that's truly a miracle!!! THANK GOD!

We had swans move in and out every spring and fall on Mom's lake, Machka, but it wasn't large enough to sustain them living there. Never got to see the babies. It was so wonderful to watch them come in during migration though. They're magnificant birds. But we did have a family of our state bird, the Common Loon, which are FASCINATING birds. So much fun to watch and listen to.

20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today... LOVE my veggies, but don't get nearly enough "rainbow" of them. I'll try today.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN