WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Challenges are on my todo list. I need to ship a package to my son & I don’t have transportation to get it done. Normally our daughter would do that but she & the family are at home sick. I hope things improve soon.

🙈 🙉 🙊

Katla in Illinois
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Flea--Pray you are feeling better. Glad to hear DH's first day went better than expected. Hoping that is a good sign.·
    Tracey--I don't understand the freeze either. They say to just buck it up and get thought it. I do have a meeting this afternoon with my direct boss so will see if he has any insight on how to deal with this mess.
    Katla--Is there someone at the place you live to help you get the package mailed and get your glasses fixed?
    Got some rain last evening and sounds like we could get some today. We really need it.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    Machka - Your image and quote made me think of one of my favorite quotes, though the attribution varies. When I was 47, I drove from my then-home of Illinois to my sister's home in West Texas and then my best friend's home in Montana, and back to Illinois--about a 4,500 miles great circle. The invariable question I got from friends and family was "You're going alone?" Maybe my fear button is just broken.
    jpd1b9qgn38b.png

That quote is outstanding! Took a screenshot of it and will share with my Navy Moms group.💖⚓👍🏻🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Heather - you had me stopped at cheesy baps.... no idea what these were but cheesy meant it had to be looked up! OH my they sound so good! And after reading the recipe on Tin and Thyme web page, I thought of Lisa and making rolls for Corey's lunch with these the cheese for a meat and cheese sandwich would already be in the roll. Or for so many things - can you image garlic bread made from a cheesy bap?
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate the abilities of my body.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 17/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 23/60
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 16/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 4/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 3/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 5/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 28/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 15/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 15/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    We are in San Antonio, Texas. We ate supper at Boudro’s. We had the pork chop butterflied with a chorizo sauce on top. We substituted the Garlic truffle potatoes, instead of the sweet potatoes, onion rings, and fresh French bread. Then we went on the Riverwalk.

xnsibwfw4tcg.jpeg
    vmyflaq5zfk7.jpeg

Tomorrow we will tour the Alamo! Then we will be heading to Las Cruces New Mexico.

💕Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Nice pic of the both of you, great scenery
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,545 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I thought of you when I saw it again. Rear Admiral Grace Hopper definitely said it, or something very like it, but she was quoting an older saying, I believe. I've loved this sentiment for a long time. And she was one of my heroes.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,545 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Heather - you had me stopped at cheesy baps.... no idea what these were but cheesy meant it had to be looked up! OH my they sound so good! And after reading the recipe on Tin and Thyme web page, I thought of Lisa and making rolls for Corey's lunch with these the cheese for a meat and cheese sandwich would already be in the roll. Or for so many things - can you image garlic bread made from a cheesy bap?

Kim - There were a number of British sandwiches that I loved, and a few that I was um, not that fond of, like a cheese and pickle sandwich. The pickle was actually a chutney, and not something my little Texas tastebuds thought was yummy... made me wary for quite a while of not knowing what was inside those rolls until it was too late! :smiley: Loved the food there, and that was decades before London became a foodie destination. Memories of pub food can still make me smile with the memories...
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I had the most amazing spinach and walnut lasagna ever in a pup in the Lake District, I begged for the recipe to no avail... and have made many a spinach and walnut lasagna over the years with nothing that even measures up.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

I had to look up cheesy bap too. For a split second, I thought of trying to make them, but then I'd just eat them.

Tina in CA

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did the body pump DVD. I haven’t done one in a few weeks now (because of the landscaper, he was supposed to be here one week but he only came for about 20 minutes, the next time was because he was here with the guys and got the job done). Vince goes for his MRI tomorrow on his back.

Went to the landfill to put an old TV there then habitat for humanity to donate the pool railings, then Lowe’s hardware to get more of the landscape blocks and a sprinkler. Now home for lunch and then we’ll probably go outside and put down the blocks. Vince is having problems with the salt water generator. It’s saying that we don’t have any salt (I just dumped 3 bags in). He’s suspecting that maybe we got a defective generator

Rebecca – great news about your son! I’m sure you are ecstatic

Rori – I know what you man about perceptions. I love TSO (TransSiberian Orchestra). When I mention them, so many people think of a stuffy orchestra. They are anything but that.

Annie – I need to look for a new pair of work shorts. Guess I’ll probably go to the Salvation Army for that.

Maybe I’ll have some lunch and then go work outside.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    90k5hakrel1x.jpg
    b2ufxy6vu1rg.jpg
    Little boy out mowing the lawn with 🐤 duckie..its still a bit chilly here.. and im feeling a bit off.so im laying down..Sorry to hear of everyone's woes but these to shall pass.. love ya'll ❤️
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip Thanks! The River Walk by the Alamo was very beautiful!

Barbara I love Beef Brisket! We might be out of Texas before we see a bbq joint. We were going to stop in Las Cruces NM but we decided to make it home tonight since traffic is really light. We found 3 places in Tucson that were featured on Diner’s Drive Ins and Dives. We might stop there! I’ll let you know!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota